Week #8 - Games of Interest

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Week #8 - Games of Interest

Unread post by reef »

If PC wins so be it I personally like to see them struggle. I hope we dance and they don't
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I’m certainly not saying that rooting for or against a team means you’ll sway the game...I am merely pointing out the absurdity of rooting against your interests.

Since most on this board are URI fans, I would think the goal would be to see URI do as best they can when it comes to the NCAA tournament.

Since we have a top rate coach, making the tournament isn’t good enough any more. The goal is to advance to the second weekend.

The higher our RPI and the more quality wins we have, the better our seeding will be.

Considering the fact that we have a realistic shot of preferential seeding, in a bracket that would see the regionals played 90 minutes from campus...I would assume everyone would be rooting for that outcome.

The fact that all people can see is PC losing a game and don’t understand how that affects our team baffles me.

I think it’s either an educational point for the posters who may not understand how RPI rankings work/affect our NCAA tournament experience...or a hypocrisy worth pointing out.
8 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Ever hear of Italian Alzheimer's? You forget everything but the grudges.
3 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.