THE EARLY LINE URI VS C OF C

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

THE EARLY LINE URI VS C OF C

Unread post by luke »

The opening line is out and it is URI - 10 1/2. That sounds like a fair to slightly low line.
betting URI ? get your bet down now before the spread goes up a bit. Got to believe the Rams cover that
number at home. This game is part of the five pack so I would think attendance should be decent.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: THE EARLY LINE URI VS C OF C

Unread post by reef »

I agree Luke URI -10.5

I say 81-68
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Luke,
What do you think the home court for URI is? 3 points? 4 points?

I expect all 3 of these teams to provide good challenges for URI, and all 3 are capable of pulling the upset.
I would recommend that URI Fans attend all 3 of these games. These are good, solid programs with all knocking on the door of being Top 100 RPI teams and all 3 capable of breaking into the Top 100. Not cupcakes by a long shot. All 3 teams are capable of upsetting URI and would love nothing more than to have a victory over URI on their March resume.

The probability for a URI win and the point spread from RPI-Forecasting:

12-16 College of Charleston (130.2) CAA: 88% probability for win: 14.3 points
12-21 Iona (103.2) MAAC: 86% probability for win: 12.9 points
12-27 Florida Gulf Coast (118.6) Atlantic Sun: 82% probability for win: 10.9 points

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Rhode%20Island.html
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Yeah, I would say 3 or 4 points for home court is about the norm, so that should be right.
I think they get a mental lift from EC returning and play well in this game coming off the
Alabama loss and being back at the Rc where they shoot the ball better. I think they win
by 12 to 15 points.
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

BTW the line is now URI - 11 to - 11 1/2 and could go higher.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Wouldn't touch it
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."