CELTICS and the NBA

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens

Re: CELTICS and the NBA

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 1 month ago

1...saw part of it in the rhody pub at halftime...C's were down 16....and came back to win....NICE!
0 x

NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 1 month ago

12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x

SGreenwell
Cuttino Mobley

Unread postby SGreenwell » 1 month ago

Another really good win. Stevens wrings the most out of various players pretty impressively.
1 x

EGram
Kenny Green

Unread postby EGram » 1 month ago

I think at this point no one can doubt Brad Stevens is among the elite coaches in the NBA.

SO how do other posters feel about acquiring a player who has been bought out or via trade? The 8.4m Exception we got from the Hayward injury puts us in a very good position to sign any guys who get bought out.

Oakafor? Maybe BS can be the coach who fixes some of his defects? The upside of a young player who can really score inside is intriguing.

Greg Monroe? Maybe he gets traded but i feel like if he is released he would be a nice pickup. Another legit big who can defend and rebound would be a sweet pickup be in Monroe or someone else who fits the bill.
0 x

NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 4 weeks ago

13 in a row for the team to beat in the east. As far as the exception to bring on another player...I',m thinking no rush, wait until some guy they really want becomes available, otherwise, wait til the last minute...
0 x

NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens

Am I the only one thinking..."Marcus Morris is better than I thought he was"?
2 x

ramster
Tyson Wheeler

Unread postby ramster » 4 weeks ago

No, I’m surprised also. I agree with you as well no need to rush adding anyone to this roster.
0 x

Rhodymob05
Carlton Owens

Unread postby Rhodymob05 » 4 weeks ago

I heard on sports talk that it would be beneficial to trade Brown and Tatum for Anthony Davis..........I say NOPE.
0 x
RHODE ISLAND RAMS 2017 A10 CHAMPS

UCH21377
ARD

Unread postby UCH21377 » 4 weeks ago

Rhodymob05 wrote:I heard on sports talk that it would be beneficial to trade Brown and Tatum for Anthony Davis..........I say NOPE.

NO WAY they should do that. These kids are very good, and they're basketball babies. It takes a few years for most great players to develop, especially when they are starting in their teens (exception Lebron of course). Looks like we have two potential all stars, with potential upside even beyond that.
0 x

ramster
Tyson Wheeler

UCH21377 wrote:
Rhodymob05 wrote:I heard on sports talk that it would be beneficial to trade Brown and Tatum for Anthony Davis..........I say NOPE.

NO WAY they should do that. These kids are very good, and they're basketball babies. It takes a few years for most great players to develop, especially when they are starting in their teens (exception Lebron of course). Looks like we have two potential all stars, with potential upside even beyond that.

Why would you even think about making any changes, never mind a gigantic one like that, when you have won 13 straight games.
If it ain't broke don't fix it

Brown and Tatum were exactly who I wanted the Celtics to take the past two drafts. And they grabbed Tatum with the genius move of dropping to 3rd to take him. Tatum was the #1 guy in the draft imho.

I saw of these guys in AAU ball, before college, and thought they had great potential. Both in the starting lineup as just kids. The future is very bright for both of them.

I'd be crushed if they traded either one of them, never mind both
0 x

rjsuperfly66
Cuttino Mobley

Unread postby rjsuperfly66 » 4 weeks ago

The Celtics may have a luck component on their side that I think a lot of people are overlooking.
Regular season basketball is very different from postseason basketball, for one.
Two, the Celtics are one of the worst shooting teams in the NBA.
They are shooting 43.3% from the floor for the season, and 43.5% from the floor on this win streak.
The 43.3% ranks 26th out of 30 teams.
They've made up for it by becoming a borderline great rebounding team on both the offensive and defensive glass, which has increased their shot attempts which obviously helps in a lot of these closer games.
If the C's can maintain their hot defense of the first 15 games (league best) and continue to clean the glass at a Top 5 rate, I think this team is talking that 58-62 win territory and potential contenders for the Finals.
I'm just not sure whether they've just gotten off to a very very very hot start and they will regress slightly to their norm, which is still very good but not great, or whether they can maintain this terrific pace -- Obviously can't expect them to win 13 out of every 15 (would be about a 71-11 record), but if they win 10 out of every 15 on out, that's about a 58 win pace if my math is correct.
0 x

SGreenwell
Cuttino Mobley

Unread postby SGreenwell » 4 weeks ago

Those Davis trade rumors just seem like the usual sports radio insanity to fill up airtime. The Pelicans are currently fifth in the west, 8-6. They're not trading Davis unless they start losing a shitload of games.

I think the Celtics are probably playing a bit over their heads right now, but hey, always good to bank some wins in the regular season. I honestly wouldn't be surprised with almost any outcome from the Eastern Conference playoffs. The Cavs might play hard and beat the Celtics, the Celtics could overwhelm them with defense, maybe some of the Celtics offensive stuff won't work in the playoffs and they won't even make the finals, etc. Lot of outcomes in play to me, but that's generally a really good thing to me, since they got a younger and healthier player in the Kyrie deal.
1 x

NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens

Maaaybe they are playing over their heads, but....They did flat out get better... Irving for Thomas - big upgrade. Baynes, M Johnson, Tatum and probably forgetting someone, for Olynk, Zeller, Amir Johnson and Jerebko? MAJOR (MAJOR) upgrade. So, they got a much better group and one of the best coaches in the sport...who took them to the finals last year...He will absolutely get them to The Finals this year.

Looking forward to the test against the Warriors tomorrow.
0 x

ramster
Tyson Wheeler

Maybe lucky, maybe not lucky, but I absolutely LOVED the trade of Thomas for the much taller 6'3" Irving, and loved the drafting of Tatum and Brown. And now Marcus Morris is looking like a brilliant trade for Avery Bradley and a 2nd round draft pick...........
and this 13 game win streak is without Hayward.
Celtics going more towards a positionless basketball team with a bunch of very talented 6'7 to 6'9 guys who can defend, shoot, pass, rebound, run

listen to this from Kerr on Boston..........
http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/bos/boston-celtics
0 x

rjsuperfly66
Cuttino Mobley

Unread postby rjsuperfly66 » 3 weeks ago

I'd hope we'd all agree that the roster is definitely more dynamic than it was at this time last year, and not just that but basically everyone on the roster has the potential of improvements (some more significant than others) in the coming years. That said, at this point, they are probably 2 pieces away from being able to be competitive in a 7 game series against Golden St. today, but if you bring back Hayward and one of Brown/Tatum becomes "superstar" caliber, those are your pieces. I think the people who entertain the fake NO trade talks for Anthony Davis do so because that would bring back a proven superstar, rather than banking on potential which is largely what is being done with Brown/Tatum. Both have played very well, both seem to have high ceilings, but this season has been a 15 game sample to date. Both still have to make significant improvements to take that next step necessary, and probably a few years to get close to that ceiling. Regardless, I'm still not sure I make that deal, but I think that's the logic and I can understand it. A lineup of Irving-Hayward-Morris-Horford-Davis with Smart, Rozier, Theis, Baynes/Yabo, Semi, Larkin plus the 2018/2019 pick would certainly make things interesting much faster.
2 x

EGram
Kenny Green

Unread postby EGram » 3 weeks ago

I like Tatum way more then i expected. Wish we could have landed both him and Dennis Smith JR somehow... Brown looks like a good starter but i would be far more willing to trade him in the future...

But If that deal was legit (it's not happening) it would be almost criminal to not take it. AD is going to be a top 5 player in the NBA for the foreseeable future.. A core of Davis, Irving, Hayward, and Horford ensures we would be an elite team for quite a while.. I don't see how you pass up that opportunity.

But getting back to reality. How far does the team go to retain Marcus Smart in FA this upcoming offseason? Assuming he continues to be the same player hes been so far. I think maybe given we won't have a shot at any future FAs fora while anyways you just pay whatever?
0 x

TruePoint
Ernie Calverley

Unread postby TruePoint » 3 weeks ago

I love this team
2 x

EGram
Kenny Green

Unread postby EGram » 3 weeks ago

What a crazy season so far!
0 x

Rhodymob05
Carlton Owens

Unread postby Rhodymob05 » 3 weeks ago

Incredible.
0 x
RHODE ISLAND RAMS 2017 A10 CHAMPS

NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 3 weeks ago

FIF-TEEN....yee ha
0 x

NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 3 weeks ago

6-teen for the future defending east champs....
0 x

ramster
Tyson Wheeler

Unread postby ramster » 3 weeks ago

Next up @ Miami Wednesday night
Loved the rebounding tonight
Horford - 8 rebounds
Tatum, Morris and Brown all with 9 rebounds
0 x

Return to “All Pro Sports”