Mini Plans

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: Mini Plans

Unread post by RF1 »

RF1 wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:I talked to Associate AD. She said they had a 15% increase in season tickets.

That is still not a huge overall number. I don't know if URI even had 3,000 full season tickets last year. I base this on the fact that there were five games last year that only had attendance in the 3,000 range. Take out students and single game tickets from those numbers and you probably get a decent estimate at season tickets (assuming most season tickets were used for the games). 15% of 3k is just an additional 450 (about 6% of Ryan Center cap).
Looks like URI has confirmed, even with increased sales, the season ticket base is just 2,700 for full plans and 1,000 for the min-plans (combined total for both the three and five game plans).

0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I think 15 percent sounds about right. Next year, they'll try to convert the mini-plans into full season tickets. It takes sustained success. This is just the beginning.
3 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Is 2700 and 1000 at this point ahead of schedule???
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Yeah, these are record numbers.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Iggy1979 wrote:I think 15 percent sounds about right. Next year, they'll try to convert the mini-plans into full season tickets. It takes sustained success. This is just the beginning.
Think Iggy is spot on here, sustained success is what is required to really drum those numbers higher. Now with PR buzz like this recruiting class has provided and sustained success like back to back NCAA tournaments, I would expect those numbers to increase significantly again next year.

Also, if we start off good this year, I would expect substantial walk up sales which could lead to additional season and mini plans next year. Everything flows together.
2 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

By the way a 15% increase is around 400 new season ticket holder seats, that's substantial. If they can add another 400 new season ticket holders next year we would be well over 3,000 total, that's how you drive interest and the scarcity required to drum up even further demand. Have a feeling Dan won't be happy until we get the season ticket numbers over 5,000. I think it's possible if he stays and continues to push the administration to grow the program.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

This looks to be the year 6k is a reality for an average.

Figure if we count sold tickets you get 2700 fromseason ticket holders, add in the 1k for those mini plan nights, 1500 for students...you are talking about 2k available for walk up ticket sales. This seems to be a year we will sell out more than ever.

Anyone know the record for sellouts in a season?
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

No, but I do know that our house doubled up on season tix this year. 8-)
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

The problem with overall attendance this year will be that 6 home games are while the students are on break. That's a lot. Normally, it's 3 or 4. Let's just estimate that the average student attendance is 1500 per game. Going to be tough getting big crowds for those 6.
0 x
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Re: Mini Plan

Unread post by Tom98 »

I think it is very important that we continue to provide local youth basketball teams with free tickets. We need to develop youth for our fan base. Parents will likely buy some tickets and you can fill some smaller sections of the Ryan. Invite the kids in the locker room or something at the end of the game goes a long way with securing new young fans. Once we are selling out then will can fade out this type of program but for the time being it's a must.
3 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Tom98 wrote:I think it is very important that we continue to provide local youth basketball teams with free tickets. We need to develop youth for our fan base. Parents will likely buy some tickets and you can fill some smaller sections of the Ryan. Invite the kids in the locker room or something at the end of the game goes a long way with securing new young fans. Once we are selling out then will can fade out this type of program but for the time being it's a must.
Think you're spot on with this, plus it makes the arena feel more packed for games and maybe those same parents might be mini plan or season tickets holders next year. Really hope they are doing this.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Tom98 wrote:I think it is very important that we continue to provide local youth basketball teams with free tickets. We need to develop youth for our fan base. Parents will likely buy some tickets and you can fill some smaller sections of the Ryan. Invite the kids in the locker room or something at the end of the game goes a long way with securing new young fans. Once we are selling out then will can fade out this type of program but for the time being it's a must.
I'm planning on bringing my grandkids to games this year. They've been to Pbruins and PawSox games and have enjoyed them. I think CBB games would be even more entertaining.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

The mini plans are an awesome gateway to season tickets, that's how it happened for me at least. I'd say with another successful season, a solid number of those 5 game plans turn into season long commitments by 2018.
2 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

They absolutely should be doing as miuch of this as possible. These are people already predisposed to like basketball. It’s actually how I got going, liked it so much I ended up going to a bunch of games and then season tickets since then. Kids are long gone but wife and I still go.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

thatRamBand wrote:The mini plans are an awesome gateway to season tickets, that's how it happened for me at least. I'd say with another successful season, a solid number of those 5 game plans turn into season long commitments by 2018.
Same happened to me cuz the I found out the young alumni tickets were a much better deal than the mini plan I had already purchased
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I few thoughts on some post above:
The Ryan Center capacity is 7,700-7,800.
No way URI gets to 6,000 season tickets in the future. They hold 1,500 tickets for students.
The 1,000 mini plans are 3 game and 5 game spread over the season. Assume 4 game avg (4,000 tickets in total).
Rhody has 15 home games this year so the mini plans add 267 to the avg attendence per home game (4,000/15).
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

i grabbed two games this yeat (FGCU-dec 27 and Davidson-feb 9)

I live in the north shore in MA and have a toddler so getting down to Kingston can be tricky, but next year I think i'm making the commitment for a 3 or 5 game package
3 x
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

So I was trying to purchase tickets to the PC game from the Gorhody website, but it looks like you can only buy tickets for that contest as part of the 5-game mini plan. Is that accurate?? If so, I'm disappointed. I live out of state and would have no use for the tickets to the other games.

Can someone confirm if single game tickets to the PC game are available? I would appreciate it.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NJRhodyFan wrote:So I was trying to purchase tickets to the PC game from the Gorhody website, but it looks like you can only buy tickets for that contest as part of the 5-game mini plan. Is that accurate?? If so, I'm disappointed. I live out of state and would have no use for the tickets to the other games.

Can someone confirm if single game tickets to the PC game are available? I would appreciate it.
That is true.
Season Ticket Holders were allowed to purchase tickets to the PC in addition to their own Seats.
You could look at Stub Hub, etc if you only want to buy for that game.
I doubt they become available outside of the miniplans. Even now, the extra tickets for Season ticket Holders are in the 300 levels.

The price of Poker has gone up
2 x
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

ramster wrote:
NJRhodyFan wrote:So I was trying to purchase tickets to the PC game from the Gorhody website, but it looks like you can only buy tickets for that contest as part of the 5-game mini plan. Is that accurate?? If so, I'm disappointed. I live out of state and would have no use for the tickets to the other games.

That is true.
Season Ticket Holders were allowed to purchase tickets to the PC in addition to their own Seats.
You could look at Stub Hub, etc if you only want to buy for that game.
I doubt they become available outside of the miniplans. Even now, the extra tickets for Season ticket Holders are in the 300 levels.

The price of Poker has gone up
Thanks for the quick reply. I checked StubHub this morning, but the PC game isn't listed. I'll check again periodically over the next week or so.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

That's weird, I saw the PC game listed this weekend on Stubhub
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

There are still tickets available on StubHub for the PC game for those who are looking to buy single-game tickets
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

There are 5 offers for tickets to PC - URI right now. 4 offers in 300’s and 1 offer in 209 in stubhub
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

$100.. funny.. why not buy the 5 game package for $80 ?
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ElmCityRhody wrote:$100.. funny.. why not buy the 5 game package for $80 ?
I wondered the same thing

$80 to see the PC URI Game is not a bad price without the other 4 games. Give the other 4 to charity if you don't plan to go
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

So, it appears the scalpers bought the 5 game plan so they could sell the PC game individually?
0 x
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

Billyboy78 wrote:So, it appears the scalpers bought the 5 game plan so they could sell the PC game individually?
Or it's season ticket holders selling their additional 4 seats that were allowed for the PC game
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It's both.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

There was an ad for season tickets in today's Projo:

http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/ ... ty=ad02300
2 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

looks like the 5 game mini plan for PC is sold out...

not a surprise but i was looking for 2 tix and was hoping they would release
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

ElmCityRhody wrote:looks like the 5 game mini plan for PC is sold out...

not a surprise but i was looking for 2 tix and was hoping they would release
I wouldn't go by the website.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

My five game mini plan [including PC] came in over the weekend.
0 x
Common sense is not common.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

just got my five game plan including PC in the mail today.
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

As of Friday's game, the whiteboard on the wall of the ticket office had the PC game as sold out. It was more of a note to the employees in the office than a message to customers.
K
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I saw that same white board message
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

That's a deal! Isn't popcorn and a soda at the RC about $10 as it is?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Gives an idea of how ticket sales are going or not going for the Brown game
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I admit that is a great deal all that for less than 13