WPRI-Ty Boswell arrested-Player also involved

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: WPRI-Ty Boswell arrested-Player also involved

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

The Brady/Manning debate ended a long time ago. The Brady/Montana debate ended last year. Who's left? Sid Luckman and Sammy Baugh? Anyone who is still debating against Brady being the GOAT just looks silly now.
5 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

sf2010 wrote:I hate the Patriots more than any other sports team except for PC.

Belichick is an asshole, but a brilliant coach.

Brady is the douchiest human being alive and I can't stand looking at his face. He is also the greatest QB of all time.
Two out of three is almost perfect...Giants fans cannot hate the Pats, but, the other two points are pretty much on target...
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

The Giants don't beat the Bills without Belichick

Also, I find Belichick funny. Most of the Boston media members suck and they deserve a coach that treats them with the same distain that the writers treat the readers
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I am a big Patriots fan.....sorry to all those who hate them

I don't personally know Bill Belichick.....have no informed opinion if he is an asshole

I don't personally know Tom Brady....have no informed opinion if he is the douchiest person alive
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NorthernRamFan »

Can we just let this thread die? Much of the last few pages belongs elsewhere
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Way off topic indeed...but until the legal matters are resolved, this thread should stay.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Once I can get in front of a computer, I'll clean up the last dozen or so posts that are off-topic. But the thread is not going anywhere. This isn't Pravda.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:Once I can get in front of a computer, I'll clean up the last dozen or so posts that are off-topic. But the thread is not going anywhere. This isn't Pravda.
Right...this is not a discussion about designer handbags and shoes....
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Ty's continuance scheduled for today...let's hope they settle this thing, and everyone can move on.
1 x
Rhody1992
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Rhody1992 »

3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Time to put this behind.
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Well look at that, a whole lot of nothing. Nice try Officer Marler.
5 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Rhody1992 wrote:
Duh.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Amen.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

Boswell has been on administrative leave since Sept. 18 and was expected to be reinstated following the matter’s resolution.
http://www.providencejournal.com/sports ... ch-boswell
Last edited by URIRecruitingInfo 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Very nice news.
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

great that this is resolved and behind us now

Gotta love the trolling d-bag from Koch's twitter post, he goes by "Broncos PCBB" asking about the player being arrested, get a life, no player was arrested even though they mentioned Stan's name, which sucked.
4 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

wpbrown8267 wrote:great that this is resolved and behind us now

Gotta love the trolling d-bag from Koch's twitter post, he goes by "Broncos PCBB" asking about the player being arrested, get a life, no player was arrested even though they mentioned Stan's name, which sucked.
Don't forget the hashtags he used before "Broncos" and "PCBB". :lol: Gotta love those keyboard warriors.
1 x
Rhody1992
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Rhody1992 »

wpbrown8267 wrote:great that this is resolved and behind us now

I will say, as someone who has come on here and stated I do in fact root for the Friars over Rhody, that Broncos PCBB kid is a goddamn douche. He is not an accurate depiction of Friars fans. He even trolls other loyal, good Friar fans. I've gotten into with that kid multiple times on twitter. Now I just ignore how ignorant and dumb that kid is.

Broncos PCBB is a scumbag. Real Friars fans hate that kid so I know for a fact Friar fans will gladly welcome everyone on here to the "Fuck Broncos PCBB Club" lol
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Taylor Swift wrote:Time to put this behind.
Whoooooaaaa......are we sure that there isn't "more to this story that (everybody who said this) still can't share at this point"?
Because, if it's over...shouldn't be any problem sharing now? :lol:
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
Taylor Swift wrote:Time to put this behind.
Whoooooaaaa......are we sure that there isn't "more to this story that (everybody who said this) still can't share at this point"?
Because, if it's over...shouldn't be any problem sharing now? :lol:
It all happened so long ago, I already forgot what happened.
2 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

A good resolution. Everyone gets to save face. Both sides win.
2 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Ramulous wrote:A good resolution. Everyone gets to save face. Both sides win.
I don't know. This cop seems to be a little shady to me, not just from this but from past arrests too. I wish he would be investigated.
3 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Billyboy78 wrote:
I don't know. This cop seems to be a little shady to me, not just from this but from past arrests too. I wish he would be investigated.
Not that I don't think the cop's an asshole but Boswell only got his resisting arrest charge dismissed today. Even though his other charge will probably go away in a year, the judge/prosecutor must have felt like Boswell deserved at least one charge based on his actions.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

josephski wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:
Not that I don't think the cop's an asshole but Boswell only got his resisting arrest charge dismissed today. Even though his other charge will probably go away in a year, the judge/prosecutor must have felt like Boswell deserved at least one charge based on his actions.
Yep, let's just be thankful and move on. And no more concerts in the next 12 months for Ty :D :D Maybe the Boston Pops Orchestra at Tanglewood
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

ramster wrote:
josephski wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote: I don't know. This cop seems to be a little shady to me, not just from this but from past arrests too. I wish he would be investigated.
Yep, let's just be thankful and move on. And no more concerts in the next 12 months for Ty :D :D Maybe the Boston Pops Orchestra at Tanglewood
hahah Tanglewood! :lol: 55+ crowd.

I checked the RC schedule, and the next concert isn't until March, and it's some country singer.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

josephski wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:
Do you realize how stupid/minor a disorderly conduct charge is though. It can basically be anything. Its like the fall back charge when a cop is just mad at you and cant come up with a real charge. You could call a cop ugly and him get offended and get charged with disorderly conduct. Its a nothing charge.
3 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote:
josephski wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote: I don't know. This cop seems to be a little shady to me, not just from this but from past arrests too. I wish he would be investigated.
Do you realize how stupid/minor a disorderly conduct charge is though. It can basically be anything. Its like the fall back charge when a cop is just mad at you and cant come up with a real charge. You could call a cop ugly and him get offended and get charged with disorderly conduct. Its a nothing charge.
I don't know. When I read the police report I had some major concerns. Potential felony on the police report, right? Player potentially involved. Coach not behaving in best form with police and the general public present. Just a big sigh of relief from me and let's go Rhody with the 2017-18 season. To be we dodged a bullet whether it was justified or not, it appears we dodged it. I hope nobody gets in trouble with Whoopie Goldberg Homecoming Weekend :roll: :roll: :roll:
1 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

adam914 wrote:
josephski wrote:

I agree, unfortunately it's still a charge and it stuck for at least a year. Maybe I'm wrong and this cop is a power hungry monster who should be relieved of his duties but I think saying the cop should be investigated after the Boswell incident is a total homer comment.

Personally I never thought Boswell's arrest was a big deal to begin with. It was a very minor charge that was never going to have serious consequences. Obviously it's bad PR but people on this board made it a much bigger deal than it should have ever been.
0 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

move on nothing to see here.
3 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

It’s just a message board, that’s all.
Making it big was WPRI news, the PROJO ran articles on it, story was on the wires for all to read nationally and internationally, written up the a policeman was hit, not good press.
But I don’t see where this board made too big a deal of it.

The lesson to be learned is when in the public eye keep a perfect profile. People with phones today will video anything and everything. There is a lesson to be learned here regardless of what you think of SKPD.

Imho
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

josephski wrote: I agree, unfortunately it's still a charge and it stuck for at least a year. Maybe I'm wrong and this cop is a power hungry monster who should be relieved of his duties but I think saying the cop should be investigated after the Boswell incident is a total homer comment.

Personally I never thought Boswell's arrest was a big deal to begin with. It was a very minor charge that was never going to have serious consequences. Obviously it's bad PR but people on this board made it a much bigger deal than it should have ever been.
Agree with everything you say in the second paragraph here. And agree, it's still a charge, but its about as minor of a charge as you can possibly get so no big deal.

The part about being investigated wasn't my comment, so nothing to add there.
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

ramster wrote:It’s just a message board, that’s all.
Making it big was WPRI news, the PROJO ran articles on it, story was on the wires for all to read nationally and internationally, written up the a policeman was hit, not good press.

The lesson to be learned is when in the public eye keep a perfect profile. People with phones today will video anything and everything. There is a lesson to be learned here regardless of what you think of SKPD.

Imho
With the way the situation was described, it's surprising that there was no cell phone video taken outside of the bathroom that leaked online somewhere
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Shaolin Swat wrote:
ramster wrote:It’s just a message board, that’s all.

Imho
With the way the situation was described, it's surprising that there was no cell phone video taken outside of the bathroom that leaked online somewhere
Agree
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

The cop roughed up a disabled man. He shouldn't be investigated for that?
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

ramster wrote:
adam914 wrote:
josephski wrote: Not that I don't think the cop's an asshole but Boswell only got his resisting arrest charge dismissed today. Even though his other charge will probably go away in a year, the judge/prosecutor must have felt like Boswell deserved at least one charge based on his actions.
I don't know. When I read the police report I had some major concerns. Potential felony on the police report, right? Player potentially involved. Coach not behaving in best form with police and the general public present. Just a big sigh of relief from me and let's go Rhody with the 2017-18 season. To be we dodged a bullet whether it was justified or not, it appears we dodged it. I hope nobody gets in trouble with Whoopie Goldberg Homecoming Weekend :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sooo the police report is now automatically fact? We’re just going to assume that there’s no possible way the officer didn’t inflame the issue with his words? No that doesn’t happen, cops never lie (hahaha)

Yeaaah sounds to me like some white SK cop didn’t like that Coach Boswell was trying to keep his player out of trouble and took issue with it to Boswell so Boswell would say something so the cop could slap “resisting arrest” bullshit charges
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Now that this is "over"...how about a full court press on how the cops were at fault...I mean...they had to be, no other explanation, right?
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Now that this is "over"...how about a full court press on how the cops were at fault...I mean...they had to be, no other explanation, right?
Or at least 1 cop.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Good to put this all in the rear view mirror. While it was a big deal over very little, Ty did not handle himself as I would want a person in his position. He should have followed the officers instructions and not lied about himself and his job. That is not acceptable behavior. Hopefully he will learn from this and comport himself a little bit differently if any issues with law enforcement ever unfortunately crop up.

As for the officer, he seems a bit over eager from what I have gleaned. Hopefully he learns that good policing is not all about how many arrests and charges you make. Over aggressive police actions can sometimes make situations far worse and dangerous. It can also damage the reputation of all police and make their job more difficult in the future.
5 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

The filing of the relatively minor disorderly conduct will leave no permanent make on the coaches record at the end of the year....it will be dismissed then as if it never happened. The resisting arrest charge was dismissed immediately so it is as if it never happened.

Usually the prosecution will dismiss the minor charge as part of the deal for the more serious charge but in this case the more serious charge was dismissed in line with the filing of the minor charge.
1 x
Rhodymadness401
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhodymadness401 »

Glad that this is over, this was simply a coach helping a player get out of a situation. We all have passed judgement without knowing
the facts. Ty should be praised that he put the players well being before his, he stood in the line of fire and allowed for the player to get away and not be suspended. the petty charge he recieved for this situation should be dismissed.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Glad this is over also good riddance
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NorthernRamFan wrote:
ramster wrote:
adam914 wrote:

Sooo the police report is now automatically fact? We’re just going to assume that there’s no possible way the officer didn’t inflame the issue with his words? No that doesn’t happen, cops never lie (hahaha)

Yeaaah sounds to me like some white SK cop didn’t like that Coach Boswell was trying to keep his player out of trouble and took issue with it to Boswell so Boswell would say something so the cop could slap “resisting arrest” bullshit charges
And you don’t know for sure either.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Of the 3 parties involved/noted so far...the cop, the coach, the collegian...how does anyone not there really know where the problem was? Maybe there should be a poll? :lol:
2 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

It's not over over. I'm told Stan, his lawyer and Thor have been notified that Stan will be charged but the charges might be misdemeanors.
Good chance there's no long-term ramifications
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

And of course the one who knew all along but couldn’t say.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

So just speculating.....if Stan is charged, he will likely be suspended until it's resolved....which could take several weeks or more and result in him not playing at least the first part of the season.....

This cop isn't letting this go by the looks of it.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:And of course the one who knew all along but couldn’t say.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

ramster wrote:
NorthernRamFan wrote:
ramster wrote:

And you don’t know for sure either.
I knnoowwww aaaa lottt morreee than most there champ, trust me on that. Maybe you should think about my info on each recruit and on this topic regarding how this would eventually play out...
0 x