'18 MA PF Chris Doherty (Northeastern Transfer)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

'18 MA PF Chris Doherty (Northeastern Transfer)

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: '18 MA PF Chris Doherty

Unread post by ramster »

Doherty was also listed among targets for URI in projo article on Tate today.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports ... its-to-uri

The Rams have four scholarships remaining and are chasing a host of targets, chief among them four-star Maryland power forward Jermaine Harris. URI is in deep water attempting to secure the services of the 6-foot-9 standout, competing with the likes of Kansas, Miami, West Virginia, Maryland, South Carolina and Xavier.

The Rams are also on the final lists of Maryland point guards Brendan Adams and Matthew Balanc and remain involved with New York point guard Anthony Nelson and Pennsylvania shooting guard Tyrese Martin. URI is also actively recruiting New York forward Souleymane Koureissi, Massachusetts big man Chris Doherty, North Carolina forward Joel Ntambwe and Massachusetts wing Philmon Gebrewhit, Tate’s Expressions teammate, among others.
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NorthernRamFan »

This is quite the new development. Surprising even. I personally think he won't seriously consider us because of his AAU connection...
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NorthernRamFan wrote:This is quite the new development. Surprising even. I personally think he won't seriously consider us because of his AAU connection...
So, Herren won't either?
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

19th in New England
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote:19th in New England
And supposedly rising. This video is from 2 years ago. They say he's bigger now. Shows some nice post moves and decent athleticism.

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Maybe a new development, but the article says he has already visited URI this summer.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

What's his national rank? Can't get up until I know that.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.c ... ock-risers

Chris Doherty, New England Playaz – Two years ago, Doherty was one of the most impactful underclassmen in New England. After missing last summer’s circuit, Doherty was steady for most of thi spring and the summer. In Las Vegas though, he returned to his old form as he showed his physicality, toughness, power, and athleticism in the paint and picked up a Big Ten offer in the process. Playaz’ guard Ethan Wright also helped himself with offers now reaching the Atlantic 10.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/sport ... u-programs

On the boys’ side, Marlborough rising senior Chris Doherty played for a summer league at his high school before traveling out to South Carolina, Georgia and Las Vegas for AAU tournaments with the New England Playaz. He played in the Adidas Uprising Summer Championship.
Playing about 30 games in the month of July, Doherty showcased his talent, as his club went to the Adidas Championship in Vegas and lost by two points.
He made up for some lost time, as he missed summer AAU ball last year due to an injury.
“I feel like I did pretty well,” Doherty said. ”[Not playing last summer] put me in a little hole, but I had an even bigger summer.”
And as a result, he has received calls from Rutgers, URI and has been in contact with South Carolina and Xavier and even Duke and Arizona have made calls regarding the star.
For the rest of the summer, Doherty plans to work out and play with former Marlborough and Notre Dame star, Zach Auguste.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

If Duke and Arizona are even showing slight interest, I'm interested.
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Billyboy78 wrote:
NorthernRamFan wrote:This is quite the new development. Surprising even. I personally think he won't seriously consider us because of his AAU connection...
So, Herren won't either?
Not the same situation. To my knowledge Chris and DH know each other pretty well, it's a different situation, but I'd love to have this kid here
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

NorthernRamFan wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:
So, Herren won't either?
Not the same situation. To my knowledge Chris and DH know each other pretty well, it's a different situation, but I'd love to have this kid here
What kid are you referring to?
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Doherty???
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

NorthernRamFan wrote:Doherty???
I feel like this recruitment came out of nowhere. I wonder how they prioritize all these recruits since Harris has to be the #1 target and they certainly can't take more than two frontcourt players unless they know another one might transfer out year end.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

CT Rhody wrote:
I feel like this recruitment came out of nowhere. I wonder how they prioritize all these recruits since Harris has to be the #1 target and they certainly can't take more than two frontcourt players unless they know another one might transfer out year end.
The recruiting of him did not come out of nowhere. The publicity of his name just come He has already visited URI. This staff does not show their cards as to who they are recruiting. Word leaks out from players themselves and/or the recruiting gurus or other ways.
Doherty also inc eased his stock in AAU play just in the last month or two, playing well especially in Vegas.

Excerpt From today's PROJO, Bill Koch:

The Rams have four scholarships remaining and are chasing a host of targets, chief among them four-star Maryland power forward Jermaine Harris. URI is attempting to secure the services of the 6-foot-9 standout, competing with the likes of Kansas, Miami, West Virginia, Maryland, South Carolina and Xavier.
The Rams are also on the final lists of Maryland point guards Brendan Adams and Matthew Balanc and remain involved with New York point guard Anthony Nelson and Pennsylvania shooting guard Tyrese Martin. URI is also actively recruiting New York forward Souleymane Koureissi, Massachusetts big man Chris Doherty, North Carolina forward Joel Ntambwe and Massachusetts wing Philmon Gebrewhit, Tate’s Expressions teammate.
It’s a transformative class for the Rams in that they have major minutes to offer for the first time since Hurley brought in cornerstones such as E.C. Matthews, Hassan Martin and Terrell. Just how viable the Rams can be as perennial contenders could be determined by the players they attract over the next few weeks.
To that end, Tate said he’ll join the URI staff’s recruiting efforts. He’s already reaching out to Nelson, Balanc and New York shooting guard Jeenathan Williams, a 6-foot-5 EYBL standout with the Albany City Rocks who has offers from URI, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Seton Hall, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and more.
“I want to have the best team in the A-10,” Tate said. “I want to win it again. I don’t want that to be one year and then go back down. I want to maintain the same level.”
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

ramster wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:
The recruiting of him did not come out of nowhere. The publicity of his name just come He has already visited URI. This staff does not show their cards as to who they are recruiting. Word leaks out from players themselves and/or the recruiting gurus or other ways.
Doherty also inc eased his stock in AAU play just in the last month or two, playing well especially in Vegas.

Excerpt From today's PROJO, Bill Koch:

The Rams have four scholarships remaining and are chasing a host of targets, chief among them four-star Maryland power forward Jermaine Harris. URI is attempting to secure the services of the 6-foot-9 standout, competing with the likes of Kansas, Miami, West Virginia, Maryland, South Carolina and Xavier.
The Rams are also on the final lists of Maryland point guards Brendan Adams and Matthew Balanc and remain involved with New York point guard Anthony Nelson and Pennsylvania shooting guard Tyrese Martin. URI is also actively recruiting New York forward Souleymane Koureissi, Massachusetts big man Chris Doherty, North Carolina forward Joel Ntambwe and Massachusetts wing Philmon Gebrewhit, Tate’s Expressions teammate.
It’s a transformative class for the Rams in that they have major minutes to offer for the first time since Hurley brought in cornerstones such as E.C. Matthews, Hassan Martin and Terrell. Just how viable the Rams can be as perennial contenders could be determined by the players they attract over the next few weeks.
To that end, Tate said he’ll join the URI staff’s recruiting efforts. He’s already reaching out to Nelson, Balanc and New York shooting guard Jeenathan Williams, a 6-foot-5 EYBL standout with the Albany City Rocks who has offers from URI, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Seton Hall, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and more.
“I want to have the best team in the A-10,” Tate said. “I want to win it again. I don’t want that to be one year and then go back down. I want to maintain the same level.”
Good points on all fronts Ramster.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Aren't those the exact same schools that are recruiting Harris? Same position too.
0 x
GO RAMS
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

How tall in Chris Doherty ??
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhodymob05 wrote:Aren't those the exact same schools that are recruiting Harris? Same position too.
The excerpt you referred to didn't list schools for Doherty.

So putting everything together, he's been to BC several times, and he's been here and Vermont. By the end of the summer he wanted to get to Rutgers, who's already offered, and Indiana and West Virginia. He's also had some contact with South Carolina, Xavier, Duke and Arizona.

In a bit of good news/bad news, he wants to make his decision on January 5th. The good news is if he's truly the back up plan to Harris and Harris announces in November then that gives us a chance to put the full court press on for Doherty. The bad news is if he sticks to January 5th then he could become very popular with other schools that missed on their top targets.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

reef wrote:How tall in Chris Doherty ??
6'8 or 6'9
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

We could be undefeated in January. :o :D :) ;)

Preston is the only guy signed after the recent run of success. Now Tate is committed.

We could have a hot start and be recruiting from an even stronger position come the spring or January? (odd time to me to decide).
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

This young mans game around the basket is filthy. He uses both hands, knows how to use the rim. Would look great in Keaney Blue.
1 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

And that video above is from two years ago when he was listed at 6'6".
If he is now actually 6'9" as the recent article says ......
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Always good to have a big guy who can score down low with post moves.
Is he better than Gil Biruta ??
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Adidas Uprising 2P% Leaders (Through Las Vegas)
DM us for Full Stat Report https://t.co/wCKjbaxgKn
'18 F Chris Doherty (@cpd_chris) led the @adidasUprising in 2pt FG% at 69.9% https://t.co/suqEncfcGX
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote:Adidas Uprising 2P% Leaders (Through Las Vegas)
DM us for Full Stat Report https://t.co/wCKjbaxgKn
'18 F Chris Doherty (@cpd_chris) led the @adidasUprising in 2pt FG% at 69.9% https://t.co/suqEncfcGX
Impressive. He beat out Zion Williamson. Some very good company in that Top 10 list.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

70 % from the field I love it !!
0 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Visits from URI, Hofstra, Northeastern, UCal Berkeley.
Moved up from 19th in New England to 10th, one slot ahead of Tate.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Plan B if we don't get Harris?
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

If he is now ranked above Tate, not exactly a bad plan B if you ask me. I trust the NE Recruiting rankings more than most.
1 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

This young man's film impresses me more than anyone else including Harris. He was 6'6 in the film but he showed a high basketball IQ around the basket that you don't see in high school players. Using the rim, finishing with both hands, up fakes, drop steps If we are lucky enough to get him and Harris then the sky's the limit with this class.
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Rumor has it this kid will be prepping most likely; Oak Hill, Brewster, NMH type of prep. I would think IF (there's very minimal chance from what I've heard) that we miss on Harris then the focus would turn to the freak athletic big man that is Chris Doherty!
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Guess he is only 17, now ranked top 10. Would be a solid pickup in this class since he's underrated nationally.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Like this plan B if we don't get Harris
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Northern, are you saying that u hear there is low probability we don't land Harris?
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Why not both?
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Rhody74 wrote:Why not both?
We need three guards in this class, will only have 3 on the roaster outside of this class going into next year.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

bigappleram wrote:Northern, are you saying that u hear there is low probability we don't land Harris?
Northern has been clear that he is hearing we are the leader for Harris, we'll see if that comes to fruition or not. His sources are not URI related FYI.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

We should know by early next week.....fingers and toes crossed.....
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

wow. What a month for Keaney Blue.
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:We should know by early next week.....fingers and toes crossed.....
This is setting up an unnecessary timeline. We're not eliminated if Harris takes all of his visits, he can visit schools after us and still commit here.
2 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

I would guess there's a decent chance of another scholarship opening after this year.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote:I would guess there's a decent chance of another scholarship opening after this year.
From which one, Tertsea or Layssard?
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

CT Rhody wrote:
bigappleram wrote:Northern, are you saying that u hear there is low probability we don't land Harris?
Northern has been clear that he is hearing we are the leader for Harris, we'll see if that comes to fruition or not. His sources are not URI related FYI.
Lately they haven't been URI related, but I always double source what I'm hearing. I've built connections through the country in the hoops world, what I heard about Harris being nearly a lock came from both sides... D.C. Premier and cough cough local cough cough
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Sounds like really good news let's get that Harris visit followed by a Harris commit
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I do wonder in situations like this - Harris is clearly our #1 target at this position, and we want another guard for sure - that's a given.

We do have 5 schollys but I know Dan wants to space out the classes and not have to recruit 5 every 4 years (great sign for a coach planning to be here for a while), so I believe we're only going to take 4.

However, while waiting for Harris to decide - what do we do about a kid like Doherty? I think he's going to be a stud as well, and you always want good players no matter how it lines up.

Do we slow the recruiting of him down? Do we take it if he verbals and deal with 5 in this class if we're fortunate enough to lock in Harris and Adams/another guard?
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote:I do wonder in situations like this - Harris is clearly our #1 target at this position, and we want another guard for sure - that's a given.

We do have 5 schollys but I know Dan wants to space out the classes and not have to recruit 5 every 4 years (great sign for a coach planning to be here for a while), so I believe we're only going to take 4.

However, while waiting for Harris to decide - what do we do about a kid like Doherty? I think he's going to be a stud as well, and you always want good players no matter how it lines up.

Do we slow the recruiting of him down? Do we take it if he verbals and deal with 5 in this class if we're fortunate enough to lock in Harris and Adams/another guard?
If all 5 are high quality talent, I say grab it while you can. A lot can happen in 4 years.
0 x