'18 CA SF Dana Tate (Siena)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: '19 CA SF Dana Tate (Offer)

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Love it!
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Not having one commitment at this point with 5 openings remaining and yet having all three at your game speaks volumes with how highly they regard and covert Tate.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Dan has repeatedly talked about his love for stretch 4's...I am sure that is why he welcomed Kuran with open arms despite some baggage. A big guy with ball skills is so valuable in the spread out modern game. Looks like this kid fits that mold.
1 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NorthernRamFan »

This kids work ethic and game screams HURLEY!!!

Honestly this is a no brained, TB knows family well and Dana loves being an X kid. This is the recruit who is Terrell 2.0 in terms of importance. Everyone should be following this kid on twitter and showing him love!!
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Dana would be a nice start. Hope Adam is right.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Heard really good/positive things this past week regarding our chances! Keep those fingers crossed Ram Nation!
1 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

NorthernRamFan wrote:Heard really good/positive things this past week regarding our chances! Keep those fingers crossed Ram Nation!
Same here!!!
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

NorthernRamFan wrote:Heard really good/positive things this past week regarding our chances! Keep those fingers crossed Ram Nation!
Who else are you hearing is actively recruiting him?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Let's close the deal on this guy soon! Also hearing good things.......
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Honestly who else is really recruiting this guy? Or are other schools backing away because we are the percieved front runner?
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

CT Rhody wrote:Honestly who else is really recruiting this guy? Or are other schools backing away because we are the percieved front runner?
He has offers from around the A10 and has had Washington, Cuse, and many of the other big boys at his games. The kid is going to be a steal!
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

This kid is awesome....I love the way that he drives to the hoop and finishes with both hands.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

NorthernRamFan wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:Honestly who else is really recruiting this guy? Or are other schools backing away because we are the percieved front runner?
He has offers from around the A10 and has had Washington, Cuse, and many of the other big boys at his games. The kid is going to be a steal!
That's solid, I wanted him all along. He is ranked top 10 in New England which is impressive.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I just watched you tube clips of Dana Tate looks really good
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Stretch 4 is like Kevin Pittsnogle or some other stiff that does pick and pop.

This guy is more of a combo forward. Iverson too.

I feel like this board has always misused the stretch 4 term.
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Seems like a solid strong player.
0 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I know I was off on my predictions for verbals in July....but the time's fast approaching for some hopefully good news.

I think Blue Man said EC and Hass were September verbals....we should have a couple by then...Tate and Harris would be a great start.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Hassan, EC, Daron, Mike, Mike, Jeff, Cyril, Christion... all were September verbals after officials.

Also, URI starts about a week later than a lot of schools, so they're unlikely to be a player's first Fall semester visit.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Probably the best time in South County in terms of weather and how everything looks. Early September. There is also the buzz of returning to campus at that time.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I would expect to hear about some official visits before hearing about any verbals.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Watching his hilites Tate doesn't look like a stretch 4 , this kid can take the ball to the basket as well as shoot it off the dribble
2 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

reef wrote:Watching his hilites Tate doesn't look like a stretch 4 , this kid can take the ball to the basket as well as shoot it off the dribble
Kid has a unique skill set, he's not easily pigeon holed or type casted. He does a ton that brings wins. When he was on EE was dominating games this past EYBL season!
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

He reminds me of Kendall Pollard, but possibly with better skills coming out of HS.
2 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: '18 SF Dana Tate (Offer)

Unread post by ace »

NorthernRamFan wrote:This kids work ethic and game screams HURLEY!!!

Honestly this is a no brained, TB knows family well and Dana loves being an X kid. This is the recruit who is Terrell 2.0 in terms of importance. Everyone should be following this kid on twitter and showing him love!!
No disrespect to Tate at all, but that seems a tad overstated. Because of when and how it happened, Terrell's situation is unlikely to be replicated. You need to have a short memory in recruiting. A few people here were ready to (figuratively not literally) fight Ty but now he's on board, so it's all good. The theatrics leading up to that were a bit much :-) Expressions took some time to regroup, temporarily dropped an age, stopped (along with Rivals) the on-line back and forth. They're putting out good players and getting their kids looks and solid college offers. I know people love to hate on AAU, but there are often still good people involved.

Can someone please change it to '18 in the main title?
2 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Overstatement is NRF's game.
2 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: '18 SF Dana Tate (Offer)

ace wrote:
NorthernRamFan wrote:This kids work ethic and game screams HURLEY!!!

No disrespect to Tate at all, but that seems a tad overstated. Because of when and how it happened, Terrell's situation is unlikely to be replicated. You need to have a short memory in recruiting. A few people here were ready to (figuratively not literally) fight Ty but now he's on board, so it's all good. The theatrics leading up to that were a bit much :-) Expressions took some time to regroup, temporarily dropped an age, stopped (along with Rivals) the on-line back and forth. They're putting out good players and getting their kids looks and solid college offers. I know people love to hate on AAU, but there are often still good people involved.

Can someone please change it to '18 in the main title?
Not to get away from Dana, but possibly a name to remember. Terrance Clarke is from Dorchester Mass and playing for Expressions. He will be one of the top high school freshmen in the country this year. I've seen him ranked as high as #3 in the '21 class.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

ace wrote:Can someone please change it to '18 in the main title?
Fixed
Iggy1979 wrote:Overstatement is NRF's game.
Everyone needs a hype man
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Re: '18 CA SF Dana Tate (Offer)

Haha I a huge fan of this kid and feel he's incredibly underrated, so if I pump the kids tires what can I say lol
5 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

I'm a fan of Dana Tate.

I think Ace is more talking about the landscape at the time of Terrell and all of the things Terrell was associated with like his lofty rank.
2 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Seawrightspostgame wrote:I'm a fan of Dana Tate.

I think Ace is more talking about the landscape at the time of Terrell and all of the things Terrell was associated with like his lofty rank.
I totally understand the context, but I was speaking in his ability to propel his teams to win by doing many of the same things JT did when he was a prep prospect, JT was at Brewster so it was noticed more than Tate at MacDuffie
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

I totally understand the context, but I was speaking in his ability to propel his teams to win by doing many of the same things JT did when he was a prep prospect, JT was at Brewster so it was noticed more than Tate at MacDuffie IMHO
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

NorthernRamFan wrote:

I totally understand the context, but I was speaking in his ability to propel his teams to win by doing many of the same things JT did when he was a prep prospect, JT was at Brewster so it was noticed more than Tate at MacDuffie IMHO
Any idea when his eventually decision might take place?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Supposedly we're the clear front runner......so make the decision already!

Don't need to take officials to make it official so to speak.....just get it done.

Just like Harris, they aren't sold yet, or they would have by now.
1 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

rambone 78 wrote:Supposedly we're the clear front runner......so make the decision already!

Don't need to take officials to make it official so to speak.....just get it done.

Just like Harris, they aren't sold yet, or they would have by now.
RB, again I see your impatient posts... are you that worried? Has DH and Staff not come through time and again? Calm down friend
4 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

I assume he's getting ready to announce...
Attachments
IMG_4523.PNG
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Let's hope so NRF.......staff has done fine with guards, but bigs not so much.....so I'll remain concerned until these guys decide.
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

I am not in the know with the staff. I do get snippets from time to time from a friend of mine that is stuff not on this board. But for the most part I have nothing to contribute.

I am a fan of this kid though. His step back jumper in those highlights is silky smooth. I keep trying to think of an accurate comparison to what I saw in that video. I cant think of any names but I keep coming back to PITT. He reminds me of a Jamie Dixon coached Pittsburgh player from yesteryear.
3 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

Just going over this from the beginning. There is no way he's 180lbs anymore. I'd say closer to 215lbs.
Can put the ball on the floor, shoot and finish. All this athleticism and he hasn't had a real D1 trainer working with him. This guy is a match up problem every time he's on the court. Yikes if we can get this young man. Hope we hear soon
1 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Smokinjimit wrote:Just going over this from the beginning. There is no way he's 180lbs anymore. I'd say closer to 215lbs.
Can put the ball on the floor, shoot and finish. All this athleticism and he hasn't had a real D1 trainer working with him. This guy is a match up problem every time he's on the court. Yikes if we can get this young man. Hope we hear soon
Great thoughts here. Patience is gonna be key here!
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Would be a major upset if he doesn't pick URI.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Him and Harris are looking good for us......just tough waiting......why wait until September?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:Him and Harris are looking good for us......just tough waiting......why wait until September?
I'd be thrilled with Tate, Harris, Nelson and Balanc, and leaving one open. I was told that Tate and Gebrewhit might not want to go to the same school, so if we get Tate, we probably don't get Gebrewhit, which is fine. I'd love those other four.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I agree with that, Billyboy.....all 4 would make for a huge class.....I think Tate has the edge over Gebrewhit......and I'd be happy with either of the guards......
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Tate and Harris would be huge, the sooner we can get a commitment the more momentum that commitment will bring the program while targeting guards to fill the last 3 spots.

High level guards will want to play with Tate and Harris.
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Tate, Harris, Anthony Nelson would be an outstanding class. The fourth scholarship should go to a knock down shooter - a must these days.
I am probably in the minority, but I think that we should use the fifth scholarship on this class if the right player is available.
Either a second shooter (can't have enough) or a utility-type - someone who can guard 1-4 and do a little bit of everything. I'd love to see Adrian Nelson added. Grew to 6'7" last year and has an Ulmer like quality to his game. Tough to pass that up.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

rhodyblue12 wrote:Tate, Harris, Anthony Nelson would be an outstanding class. The fourth scholarship should go to a knock down shooter - a must these days.
I am probably in the minority, but I think that we should use the fifth scholarship on this class if the right player is available.
Either a second shooter (can't have enough) or a utility-type - someone who can guard 1-4 and do a little bit of everything. I'd love to see Adrian Nelson added. Grew to 6'7" last year and has an Ulmer like quality to his game. Tough to pass that up.
I don't think your in the minority, I think your spot on actually. Agree that with freedom of movement rules in place, spreading the court with shooters is more valuable and critical than potentially ever before.

As far as using the last scholarship goes, I think the staff is smart enough to use it wisely. If somebody comes along that they can get that fits the team and will add value to the squad, then use it. If not, save it for a potential Juco, transfer, etc.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I'm not even remotely sold on Harris regardless of what anyone reports (no offense), any time those type of schools are in consideration any of us have the right to be nervous. We see all the time kids can their minds like the weather.
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote:I'm not even remotely sold on Harris regardless of what anyone reports (no offense), any time those type of schools are in consideration any of us have the right to be nervous. We see all the time kids can their minds like the weather.
He's definitely not a guarantee. I'm told it's about 50/50. Still trying to get him to come for an official visit.
0 x