2017 URI DAY OF GIVING!!

Just what the name says it is. Please check frequently for news about the board.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

2017 URI DAY OF GIVING!!

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Be a part of something BIG!

This year, the URI Foundation is hosting its first annual URI Day of Giving TODAY, Tuesday, April 25, 2017. Please join in building support for all of our athletic programs and colleges by participating in this initiative and inspiring URI alumni, friends, parents, faculty, staff and students to give back to the university on it's 125th anniversary.

Our large KeaneyBlue community can make a huge impact with this event. Following our first NCAA Tournament appearance and victory since 1998, Dan Hurley has challenged the URI Adminstration and the fans of URI Basketball to support program in ways never before seen at our school.

Please participate today by giving what you can on URI Day of Giving on Tuesday.

It's a day for University of Rhode Island alumni, parents, friends, students, faculty, and staff to come together to show their support for URI, as it celebrates its 125th Anniversary, by making a gift.

Your support will advance academic opportunity for students across every University program and we invite you to take part and share in our efforts to make a real difference.

Click here for more information on URI Day of Giving and please show your support TODAY! Join us in spreading the word on social media using #URIDayofGiving!
Last edited by ATPTourFan 7 years ago, edited 9 times in total.
3 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: URI DAY OF GIVING - April 25, 2017

Please make plans to give what you can to the University. To support Athletics, commit your gift to the RAMS Fund, and help support Dan Hurley and the basketball program consistently contend for Atlantic 10 championships and NCAA berths. We MUST do more as fans to financially support the program and close the gap between URI and competing programs Dayton, VCU, SLU, etc.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: TODAY is the URI DAY OF GIVING

0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: TODAY is the URI DAY OF GIVING!!

URI Day of Giving is officially here and we invite you to be a part of something big!

Today, our alumni, parents, friends, faculty, staff, and students, can make an impact at the University by joining together, during this 24-hour giving event, to make a donation supporting this place that means so much to all of us!

Be a part of something big: #URIDayofGiving! Click, below, to make your gift of any size, by midnight tonight!

GIVE TODAY!!
Last edited by ATPTourFan 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

You can choose to which fund you want to from many. Is Fast Break the best way for basketball? I'm also considering Baseball and ice hockey (you can select multiple funds if you want).
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhodyKyle
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

Time for us to really put up or shut up! Given just how large this community is (both active and passive users), every little bit we can all donate will add up in a big way to help sustain this success. My wife and I gave what we could and challenge the rest to do the same.
Attachments
20170425_100029.jpg
Last edited by RhodyKyle 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Don't forget to look into whether your employer will match. I'm very fortunate that mine does 100% match. Free money to my favorite cause.
0 x
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

I"m giving to the fast break club!!!
1 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I split mine between the Fast Break Club and the Ram Fund. I hope everyone here who is capable took the time out today to support their university. Obviously everyone is capable to different degrees and their donations should reflect that. But if you don't give what you are capable of - whatever amount that may be - you forfeit your right to complain about what goes on in and around this program. You get what you pay for, in college athletics as much as anything on earth.
Last edited by TruePoint 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Done.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Athletics was hoping that KeaneyBlue with its many members and thousands more lurkers would come through today.

Money where mouth is and so on and so forth....
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I've given annually in the past. But, with my daughter now attending, I'm giving in the form of tuition.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I'm giving as much as I can....but aren't seeing many others who post here that they've stepped up.....of course they don't have to post that they have done so.....
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I thought I gave alot in the past, until a $26,000 bill came for tuition, room and board.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I made a donation just now. Almost forgot!
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote:Athletics was hoping that KeaneyBlue with its many members and thousands more lurkers would come through today.

Do we know whether we did or did not come through, or to to what extent? I assume there is no way to really track whether people here stepped up, but will they release figures for the day overall? I assume they will.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

TP, I doubt we'll know....many on here use aliases....like myself.

We have like 50 or so regular posters....hopefully at least half donated something.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I can't donate today. I upped my donation last month, so it doesn't count in today's total but it accomplishes the same thing.
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhodyKyle
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:I can't donate today. I upped my donation last month, so it doesn't count in today's total but it accomplishes the same thing.
In March alone, the men's basketball (Fast Break) fund received about $9,000 in donations. I know Dan and Thorr do appreciate the show of faith by increasing your donation.
3 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:
ATPTourFan wrote:Athletics was hoping that KeaneyBlue with its many members and thousands more lurkers would come through today.

Do we know whether we did or did not come through, or to to what extent? I assume there is no way to really track whether people here stepped up, but will they release figures for the day overall? I assume they will.
This site gets anywhere between 600 and 1200 unique visitors each day. Hopefully many saw this post and other similar messages on email and social media.

The biggest single difference between Rhode Island men's basketball and Dayton/VCU/SLU operationally is operating budget. A huge part of that is giving from fans and obviously another huge component is corporate partners, ticket sales, etc etc.

The sooner we close this gap, the faster we secure this basketball program's future as a perennial A10 contender and NCAA participant.
3 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: YESTERDAY was the URI DAY OF GIVING!! It's not too late!

Dan wasn't kidding when he said at the state house that the BB budget needs to be about 2 million a year bigger. That would put us on par with those programs.

It's going to be tough to completely close that gap. Those 3 programs get considerably more ticket revenue than we do, especially Dayton's.

VCU sells out every night...and St. Louis has a big arena that has the potential for a lot more revenue as they get better.
0 x
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

I donated.....go Rhody
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:

To answer my own question, I just received an email labeling the Day of Giving a success, raising over 140k with 800+ donors.
0 x
URIROTC2006
Abdul Fox

Unread post by URIROTC2006 »

URI as a whole brought in $140,000... from 800 donors.

Not sure on the specific allocations of the donations. I received an email earlier this afternoon. I think all donators did.
0 x