Chrabascz

For any college sports discussion not based in Kingston
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Chrabascz

Unread post by eli#10 »

The big question is who does he replace in our starting line up? Tell me who and why?
0 x
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

EC

Since ec's 3 point shooting percentage is actually worse than his and that was your original basis of this thread anyway.

http://www.butlersports.com/cumestats.aspx?path=mbball

Full circle.

And I've already answered that question anyway.
1 x
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

And I give up.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Eli,
I don't think Chrabascz would be a replacement for EC but rather for Martin as he is a power forward at 6'7" 230 lbs.
Butler just went to 7-0 beating Utah tonight and ranked #18 and potentially climbing further up the polls.
Chrabascz is now a senior and leads Butler in minutes played at 30.6 mpg
46% FG
7-11 on three pointers for 64%
21-27 FT for 78%
5.4 rpg to lead the team
2.4 assists per game
4 total blocks
10.6 ppg for second on team

The EC comparison does not make sense, EC is not a forward.
The Martin comparison does.
Martin is also a Senior as they entered college at the same time
Martin through 6 games:
26.2 mpg
71 FG %
No 3 pointers
19-22 FTs for 86%
7.0 RPG to lead the team
3 total assists
27 total blocks
16.5 PPG to lead the team

Maybe you could say Chrabascz starts for Iverson whose stats are:
22.3 mpg
52% FG
3-12 on 3 pointers for 25%
15-21 FTs 71%
6.2 RPG for second on team
13 total assists for second on team
11.0 PPG for 4th on team

Chrabascz has surprised me. I saw him play AAU in HS and did not see him having this successful a career. I would take him at URI kmowing what he has accomplished at Butler. But given a choice between Chrabascz and Hassan I take Hassan if I could only take one.

Butler starting line up:
Woodson G 6'2"
Lewis G 5'11"
Wideman F 6'8 240 lbs
Martin F 6'7" 220 lbs
Chrabascz F 6'7" 230 lbs
0 x
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

You know what I'm just glad you think so highly of our team so I'll just settle on that. Go Giants.
0 x
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

1st Team All Big East...end of year selection...not pre season ;)
1 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Yeah, but he could never play for us, right?
1 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I saw Chrabascz play in AAU and to be honest I was not so impressed, never would have thought he would end up 1st Team Big East at the time. He as not starting on his AAU team, playing some descent minutes but not a ton of minutes.
Have to hand it to him for his work ethic over the years, steadily improved and increased his knowledge of the game. I have been very impressed.

Then I look at Bonzie Colson and remember when I saw him play live many times. Another player who I could never imagine becoming a candidate for AAC Player of the Year. Amazing that these kids from Rhode Island could end up Big East and Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Year.

URI and PC did not offer. Cooley offered Chrabascz that he could walk on to the team but no scholarship. Butler offered. Imagine how Cooley feels when playing against him in his own Conference and then he becomes the Player of the Year in the Conference.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

URI went as far as trying to get Chrabacz to forego his
final prep year and enroll early,(like they did with Oneykaba) so I think that means he
was offered by URI.
He was offered by BC, Creighton, Alabama and others,
so Brad Steven wasn't the only one who saw talent.
I'm sure Cooley knew this, so why would he expect
Chrabacz to accept being a walk-on? Makes no sense.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Here's Bill Reynolds article on Chrabascz February 11, 2017
I also saw Chrabascz on TV for the PC game at Hinkle Fieldhouse and he said he was not offered but that all worked out for the best at Butler.

From Projo Bill Reynolds..........
"So URI passed on him, and Providence College essentially told him he could come as a "preferred walk-on,'' basketball code for you can be on the team, but you won't have a scholarship.
That's the back story anyway.
So he went to Butler, recruited by Brad Stevens, now the Celtics' coach, and it didn't take him long to prove so many other colleges wrong."

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports ... e-belonged
Last edited by ramster 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

ramster wrote:I saw Chrabascz play in AAU and to be honest I was not so impressed, never would have thought he would end up 1st Team Big East at the time. He as not starting on his AAU team, playing some descent minutes but not a ton of minutes.
Have to hand it to him for his work ethic over the years, steadily improved and increased his knowledge of the game. I have been very impressed.

Then I look at Bonzie Colson and remember when I saw him play live many times. Another player who I could never imagine becoming a candidate for AAC Player of the Year. Amazing that these kids from Rhode Island could end up Big East and Atlantic Coast Conference Players of the Year.

URI and PC did not offer. Cooley offered Chrabascz that he could walk on to the team but no scholarship. Butler offered. Imagine how Cooley feels when playing against him in his own Conference and then he becomes the Player of the Year in the Conference.
Very interesting how we rewrite history here sometimes. He was certainly offered a scholarship by both URI and PC. URI was in a pretty transitionary state since Hurley had just come on and who is going to turn down Brad Stevens..but yes, I do agree with your premise that he has exceeded expectations of almost everyone....but let's not make any more fake news with this walk on idea.
0 x