Donaldson positive ProJo article

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Donaldson positive ProJo article

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Rare positive piece on Rams just posted on ProJo dot com.

On iPhone at the moment if someone else can post the linky....
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: Donaldson positive ProJo article

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

That IS a supportive article...
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Yeah, what's up with Donaldson lately? He's also the one who blasted Abu Bakr for criticizing Four the other night.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Billyboy78 wrote:Yeah, what's up with Donaldson lately? He's also the one who blasted Abu Bakr for criticizing Four the other night.
Maybe all my bitchin about him finally sunk in.....??

8-)

Thanks for the linky Adam914!!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote:Yeah, what's up with Donaldson lately? He's also the one who blasted Abu Bakr for criticizing Four the other night.
The team just doesn't give up...there's something to be said for that...people like that. You'd think all teams would be like that, but trust me, they aren't.

Despite everything, these guys are still college kids, playing their a55es off...That's easy to stand up for and good to see.

GO RHODY!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

hrstrat57 wrote:
Maybe all my bitchin about him finally sunk in.....??

8-)

Thanks for the linky Adam914!!
No problem! Had just finished reading it at the time myself and came on to see if anybody posted it because I was sorta shocked!
0 x
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

I'm totally shocked. Donaldson has been negative about our program for years. He was advertising for Hurley to go to Rutgers a couple years ago. I personally called the journals sports editor to complain about him. Maybe he finally realizes he should be supporting a state program. Go figure
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I like your style Tom.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
The team just doesn't give up...there's something to be said for that...people like that. You'd think all teams would be like that, but trust me, they aren't.

Despite everything, these guys are still college kids, playing their a55es off...That's easy to stand up for and good to see.

GO RHODY!
True, but you obviously don't know Donaldson's style of writing, especially about us.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:

GO RHODY!
True, but you obviously don't know Donaldson's style of writing, especially about us.
Correct, I don't. But, from what I see here, this looks like a + change for sure. Good to see!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Totally on target by Donaldson. Have to be proud of this team.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Donaldson shouldn't be supporting the state program...and he shouldn't be against it. He's a journalist. You (or I) shouldn't tell a journalist he should be cheering for or supporting anything. That's not his job.

His job is to write "objectively" on subjects. He clearly could not do it on URI...with the constant snide comments and columns (and the constant suck-up to PC.) I can tell you quite a story on Jimbo.

Regardless, I have not clicked on a Donaldson article in years. And I won't click on this one, just because it's positive. He's a total jag-bag.

I would never pay for a Projo because of jerks like him. No way my dollar will support his salary. He's so lazy, arrogant, and stale.

I'm not interested in his thoughts.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I once asked Reynolds why the projo was slanted towards PC and didn't seem to care much about us.
His response: " We're the Providence Journal, not the Kingston Journal."
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Donaldson is a columnist - a professional opinion sharer.

While I do like the piece, Jim is similar to the role Dan Shaunessy has up in Boston -- provide provocative takes on sports.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

URI has been so snake-bitten with horrible luck that Donaldson feels so bad for the program that he can't even bring himself to write his signature negative stories at this time. Who would have thought he would follow the don't kick a man when he was down policy?
0 x
Captainron@
Kenny Green

Unread post by Captainron@ »

RF1 wrote:URI has been so snake-bitten with horrible luck that Donaldson feels so bad for the program that he can't even bring himself to write his signature negative stories at this time. Who would have thought he would follow the don't kick a man when he was down policy?
He might have been drunk. He routinely hammers everything but golf and was past his prime 20 years ago.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

this might have a lot to do with the article too, don't know how many saw it during the UMass game

0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Sheesh, is RhodyMBB giving out Participation Trophies now?
0 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Actually totally agree with Jim. I hope the fans still support this team. I wish I lived in the area to go to the Ryan Center more than the once a year I do, but I watch every game and cheer as hard as I did since I fell in love with the Rams as a student in the 90's. If we are true fans, we don't give up on these guys and wait until next year. I know there will be little chance for sell outs this year because there are only so many true fans, but as true fans let's not give up. I know there is banter and frustration on the board, I choose not to read most of it because I truly enjoy Rhody Hoops every year. Let's give this team what they deserve, a loyal fan base that cheers loud for them. I love Hurley, and still feel lucky to have him. He's a 43 year old coach that is learning some very valuable coaching lessons through unbelievable adversity, this will only make him better as a coach. He's in in 6th as a college coach, who here mastered their craft in 6 years? Being around basketball is much different than running a D1 team in a good league. Great things are coming for this program, get on board!!!!

Go Rhody!!!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

+1! ^
0 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

Sheesh, is RhodyMBB giving out Participation Trophies now?

I think Four should be playing less minutes and I've said that many times.

However people over 30 that actually understand how you succeed in life actually understand why that was the right thing for RhodyMBB to do!

GO RHODY!
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

When Donaldson is critical of teams I don't like I often agree with him....so I give him deference when he is critical of our team....he is often right then too.....when he is positive it seems a good thing too.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

brady1 wrote:Sheesh, is RhodyMBB giving out Participation Trophies now?

However people over 30 that actually understand how you succeed in life actually understand why that was the right thing for RhodyMBB to do!

GO RHODY!

and who were you going to put in for him against UMass? the walk on?
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

twisted3829 wrote:
brady1 wrote:Sheesh, is RhodyMBB giving out Participation Trophies now?

GO RHODY!

and who were you going to put in for him against UMass? the walk on?
Rex the Longsnapper! :lol:

4 is 'who you have' right now....
0 x