Exhibition - St. Thomas Aquinas (Friday, Nov. 6 7PM)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Re: Exhibition - St. Thomas Aquinas (Friday, Nov. 6 7PM)

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

TruePoint wrote:Brian Woodward? The 2008-09 team was talented and quit. Not sure that's how I'd describe the 2003-04 team. That team was just mediocre.
I'm not the historian I should be.... Is that not the club that was 12-3 and coasted to the finish after Woodward ( and others ? ) melted down against Xavier after leading late?

2008-2009 team quit too.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:2007-10 & Delroy was good. Dawan Robinson was good.
I think the point was talent all the way through the lineup. Yes those guys were both good, and probably the most talented on their respective teams.

That said, I don't know that either of those players start in this lineup right now. Talent-wise or defensive-wise I think they're both your first options on the bench. Maybe either of those kids is coached up to be better than the were with an actual coach at the helm, but this speaks volumes that DH was able to bring in a better team in 4 years than previous coach could do in 11.

The other larger point was completely true. Those teams always collapsed. That was the legacy pre-DH.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Robinson, Will Daniels, and Delroy I think are the best three players that Barron coached. All very talented. Robinson actually played in the NBA.
0 x
GO RAMS