The Davidson Rant

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

The Davidson Rant

Unread post by Blue Man »

I thought about it. I really did. I thought about the music, and the mood, and how amped everyone is going to be when we walk into the building.

I thought about how loud the crowd is gonna be. How absolutely off their rocker everyone from the student section to the people in Neil's row are going to be. How they're going to lose their shit at every single Hass block, Terrell 3, or EC break away. How everyone will be on their feet for the majority of the night.

I thought about how big of a game this is. And how we're going to win it. That we're playing a HUGE game in late February, sitting on top of the conference, and a team has to swallow hard and fear playing US. That WE are now imposing our will on teams, and that URI Basketball is back. End of sentence. We're fucking back.

I thought about how we were going to make a glorified SoCon team shit their pants when they walk into an arena filled with 4000 people and 3000+ animals.

And then I thought:

We don't need a rant tonight. We don't need to be told to be hyped up. We don't need any outside inspiration to want to throat punch Davidson.

We are a program that has turned the corner, that will sell out this game, and everyone from the 300's to the FREAK wearing #32 will be foaming at the mouth - without being told to.

Think of this as our angels in the outfield moment. When they finally tell Mel Clarke that there weren't any angels, and he did it all himself.

I will repeat this: We are winning tonight. Period.

No ifs, ands, or buts. This is our conference. We will put a mushroom stamp on the forehead of everyone tonight to tell them so. Book it.

It's a new era folks, let's embrace this -GRAB YOUR NUTS, YELL FUCK YOU, AND LETS FUCKING GO RHODY!
Last edited by Blue Man 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: The Davidson Rant

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Now.... We Fight!!!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Go Rhody!!
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

These rants are now a tradition. Now I feel better.
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Yeah baby!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

YES! YES! YES!
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

YEAH BLUE MAN!!
0 x
NJ03
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NJ03 »

Nice!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Was hoping for this exact sentiment when I opened this thread.

But...can we still grab our nuts and tell FUCK YOU!!!?
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

It's Blue Man's call, but I would say that was special for Umass!
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

TruePoint wrote:Was hoping for this exact sentiment when I opened this thread.

But...can we still grab our nuts and tell FUCK YOU!!!?
Oh no TP, grabbing nuts and yelling FUCK YOU is our modus operandi from here on out.

I will add it in.

ACE - YOURE UP!
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Wildcat88 wrote:#stephcurry
Shit is he on the team still??

Lamar Odom
Cat Mobley

Frank Keaney
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Since she doesn't have any nuts, she will grab yours and yell FUCK YOU!

And you won't mind a bit......

Where did this guy come from?

Have at it, boys!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Wildcat88 wrote:The Wildcats will dismantle you. Your team has a great conference record but you are barely beating very bad teams. Davidson's D will shut you down and we will rain 3 pointers on you all night long. And when you come out to prevent the 3's we will take you inside. Fear the Wildcats. This loss tonight will knock you out of the NCAAs and cement our bid.
Lol this is the best polite south shit-talking.

"You guys stink and we are very good at stuff."
0 x
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

Wildcat88 wrote: And when you come out to prevent the 3's we will take you inside .
Inside? :lol:

Two words: BIG HASS.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Blue Man wrote:
TruePoint wrote:Was hoping for this exact sentiment when I opened this thread.

But...can we still grab our nuts and yell FUCK YOU!!!?
Oh no TP, grabbing nuts and yelling FUCK YOU is our modus operandi from here on out.

I will add it in.

ACE - YOU'RE UP!

You're sending Ace mixed-signals……...
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

TruePoint wrote:
Wildcat88 wrote:The Wildcats will dismantle you. Your team has a great conference record but you are barely beating very bad teams. Davidson's D will shut you down and we will rain 3 pointers on you all night long. And when you come out to prevent the 3's we will take you inside. Fear the Wildcats. This loss tonight will knock you out of the NCAAs and cement our bid.

Who has Davidson's D shut down exactly? You're average at best.

How will you take us inside? We play man. We also are top 10 in the country in blocks. You guys have 6'9 bean poles that are going to get abused in ways that are probably still legal in the bumfuck back-woods of North Carolina, but illegal here in civilization.

We're 11th in the country at 3 point defense. You haven't played anyone like us.

Congrats to defending the 3 well though. Considering we score a grand total of about none of our points from behind the arc, you're going to have to deal with a mouth full of Hass Martin's balls in your face, and will have to bend and pucker while Terrell runs train like you and your brother run on your cousin who is (probably against her will) being held in the closet under the stairs (if you guys have 2 story houses out in the sticks).

You're also playing on the road.

Get the fuck outta here. You're out of your league.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

TruePoint wrote:

Also - this guy:

0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Hey, you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where-the-Hell did you come from??????? Are you Lefty Driesell's grandson or John Gerdy's caddy???????

But I DO declare Pussycat88, you are a classless board troll and very simply:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC2mv1o ... freload=10

A BRESSLER PRODUCTION

IN ASSOCIATION WITH EMOTICON ENTERPRISES

A SUBSIDIARY OF MRS. CLEAN LLC
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Don't worry little buddy, we'll go easy on ya after you are demoralized in about 4 hours.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

^hahahah

Seriously though - he's not a troll or a douchebag. He's from the south. They're not smart enough to troll. I don't even think they're aware of what trolling is. I think they're literally 85% of the victims of online scams, 75% of all catfishing (this is an internet thing 88, not the actual fish) cases and at least 60% of QVC's target market (allowing 35% from the st louis and chicago suburbs).

It was nice that his mom got off the phone long enough for him to dial up AOL 9.0 so he could use the google machine to find the URI message board though.

He's also probably been locked in his house for a week with that whole inch of snow they've been dealing with.

Jeez. No wonder you guys lost the civil war.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

A enemy response to a rant?

Ha ha classic!

Can't wait for BM Friar rant next year!!

But it isn't "wait until next year" anymore, get this done. Wildcats are pussycats.....
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Blue man, you forgot to add where Jerry Springer gets all of his trailer trash "guests'.

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

Intruders on this board have no chance vs. BlueMan
0 x
Team Ram-Jam
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Team Ram-Jam »

wait...Davidson has a defense? Their defensive stats fooled me
0 x
~~~~~~~Follow In game tweets @timmygmagic ~~~~~~~
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

When I first read this, I had to stop and think. For a minute, I thought we were playing Kansas St. tonight, the REAL Wildcats.
Is it true that the Davidson band only has banjos?
Here's a question for our new troll. When a man in NC marries, is his wife still considered his sister?
Hope your team wears mouthpieces tonight.
0 x
ytown
Jim Eitner

Unread post by ytown »

Normally I read the opposing teams forums to learn a little and laugh a lot. Then i forget about it and go to the next team's forum. And that is what I've done the last 3 days.

Today I read a couple that need a response. To the fella that rebutted Steph Curry with Lamar Kardashian - Really? A eunuch is in the same class as Curry? Really?

And to Blue Man who likes to rant in monosyllabic vulgarities - the worst thing about a redneck is that he doesn't realize he is one. 90% of Rhody students would have no chance of getting into Davidson. And I doubt if any of the basketball players would. And I know you wouldn't. So while your moronic tirade may play well for some of the people on this forum, all it really does is show your total lack of imagination and intellect.

Now I expect we'll have a pretty good game tonight. Our style contrasts with just about everyone's. Even in the SoCon it did. But we play it pretty well. Doesn't mean we can't be beaten. Richmond kicked our butts at their place. So did UNC early in the year. Other than that, we've either done the kicking, or they've been great games. So good luck to the civil Rhody fans and team. I wish you well after tonight.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Is anyone watching this hilarious calisthenics routine Davidson is doing?

Ytown - nobody else can see you right now, but we like Davidson. We like talking shit more, because it's fun. But we do respect your school and your program. Excuse us while we get hype for the game.
0 x
ytown
Jim Eitner

Unread post by ytown »

TruePoint
I guess Rhody moderators can't handle the truth either.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

OK, much as I love Blue Man and his weirdness,
maybe it's time to put the rants to bed.
I think he's 1-2 on them. His most famous being the
PC one.
Won unASS. Lost tonight.

TP, those calisthetics were outrageous.
Seriously, Davidson is a very well coached team,
and has some fine players.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Well, one thing we've proven, we can play with anyone in the A10, and could have beaten them all.

One team left that we haven't played, Dayton.

I kind of like our chances in NY, as long as we don't repeat tonight's offensive horror show.

And Rod, maybe the Barclay's has those Keaney rims.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

That's why they play the games.
You never know what is possible.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Watching a well-oiled offense in this era of college basketball is a treat to watch. Most college offenses run high ball screens, dribble handoffs, 1-on-1, drive and kick.

Davidson can teach other teams how to run offense. Screen and re-screen...flair screens...pass and pick away...back screens...shot fake and drive...misdirection screening.

College coaches spend 90% of their time watching tape of other teams and figuring out how to defend them. They ought to spend more time self-scouting and figuring more creative ways to run their own teams' offense.

Some of these games...first team to 50 points wins. I love college basketball but watching some of these teams try to score is painful. (That G-Tech/LVille game was awful.)
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

ytown wrote:Normally I read the opposing teams forums to learn a little and laugh a lot. Then i forget about it and go to the next team's forum. And that is what I've done the last 3 days.

Today I read a couple that need a response. To the fella that rebutted Steph Curry with Lamar Kardashian - Really? A eunuch is in the same class as Curry? Really?

And to Blue Man who likes to rant in monosyllabic vulgarities - the worst thing about a redneck is that he doesn't realize he is one. 90% of Rhody students would have no chance of getting into Davidson. And I doubt if any of the basketball players would. And I know you wouldn't. So while your moronic tirade may play well for some of the people on this forum, all it really does is show your total lack of imagination and intellect.

Now I expect we'll have a pretty good game tonight. Our style contrasts with just about everyone's. Even in the SoCon it did. But we play it pretty well. Doesn't mean we can't be beaten. Richmond kicked our butts at their place. So did UNC early in the year. Other than that, we've either done the kicking, or they've been great games. So good luck to the civil Rhody fans and team. I wish you well after tonight.
First off - congrats. You guys played a very well executed first half, burned us on back door cuts, and took advantage of one of the worst offensive first halves I've seen URI play in over a year. Kudos and hats off.

We gave you every single opportunity to take the game from us and you did. I wouldn't mind seeing you guys in Brooklyn again, I'm not sure you have the same outcome.

As to you: go fuck yourself. If monosyllabic vulgarities aren't your style, then you should probably back away from the internet.

If you're questioning why anyone brought up Lamar Odom when talking about Steph Curry, or anyone else from URI's distant past; you are dense. It's the comparison of two things that have no bearing on the present. Steph Curry's inclusion into the discussion of last night's game was pointless. It would have been equivalent for ATP to respond with #blueberrypancakes, #gasmilage, or #treebark.

No one compared an NBA 6th man to an NBA stud. The fact that you need to have the explained to you is unconscionable.

It really is fantastic that Davidson has a nice little niche of being a shiny object in a field of excrement (3 syllables). You're still in the bumfuck (2 syllables) sphincter (2 syllables) of the 13 colonies, and you couldn't pay me (or most anyone from the civilized North*) to live amongst you plebeians (3 syllables).

If we're onto dick (one syllable, you got me) measuring of universities' and their academic, social, and post-graduate successes (which I am still yet to understand, since this is a message board for athletics) - then let us proceed with the measuring.

It's harder to get into Davidson than URI, but virgins are always tighter, so you'll get no points from me.

You're sitting here touting academic success when you're not even the best academic institution in your own state. Silver medal at the special olympics type shit. Weak start.

Yes, URI will never find itself at the top of academic college journal rankings, but we will never pretend to be some high-and-mighty academic institution.

URI routinely finds itself near the top in partying and hot chicks, but we still somehow are able to pull off a higher average salary rate per graduate than you guys. I guess the real world is a tad different than the inside of a book.

As to my lack of imagination and intellect? It's pretty telling of yourself that you are capable of judging an individual's "imagination and intellect" (seriously who talks like that) based on a pre-game rant on a college athletic team's message board that isn't even your own.

While we're talking about intellect, you start your sentences with "and" - grammar 101 shit my man. Clean it up.

In summation: take a lap, go fuck yourself, and we'll see you in Brooklyn.

*Defending Civil War champs. Suck it.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL