URI @ Harvard Saturday Nov 7

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: URI @ Harvard Saturday Nov 7

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Looks like we played pretty well in both scrimmages, except for a 4 minute stretch where we turned the ball over.

That's according to Dan anyway. Can't do that against good teams and expect to win.

Hopefully Blue Man won't have too many opportunities to go nuts this season. But it will happen a few times.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Iggy1979 wrote:Looking forward to Blue Man losing his mind after a poor performance
Don't you worry; seasons change, the sun rises in the east, and I will always be looking for a rope or bridge after a bad loss.

At least it will be something I physically witnessed that means something.

(That said if we lose to Pace I reserve the right to seppuku myself in the middle of 205 on Friday night).
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

I'm pissed. I didn't realize there was a game Sunday!
My sister gave me a ticket to Trans Siberian Orchestra at
Mohegan Sun as an early Christmas present.
That's Sunday at 3:00. Ugh!
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Blue Man wrote:
Iggy1979 wrote:Looking forward to Blue Man losing his mind after a poor performance
Don't you worry; seasons change, the sun rises in the east, and I will always be looking for a rope or bridge after a bad loss.

(That said if we lose to Pace I reserve the right to seppuku myself in the middle of 205 on Friday night).
Yeah, if we lose either of our first two, that would clearly be grounds to lose your shit. But I think the bigger concern for me is the real possibility of losing a bunch of the games right after that, from the Nebraska game to the PC game. I think we should get some wins in there, but you could imagine a scenario where those games don't go great and the roof starts to fall in around here. In the prediction thread, I think I predicted the worst OOC record on the board, but among the best A10 records. That is both a reflection of the schedule and how I expect this team to progress. Some people are predicting 8-3 or 9-2 in the OOC and then a close to .500 league mark. If this team is 9-2 after OOC we will be a six or seven seed in the NCAA tournament in March.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

TruePoint wrote:
Blue Man wrote:

Yeah, if we lose either of our first two, that would clearly be grounds to lose your shit. But I think the bigger concern for me is the real possibility of losing a bunch of the games right after that, from the Nebraska game to the PC game. I think we should get some wins in there, but you could imagine a scenario where those games don't go great and the roof starts to fall in around here. In the prediction thread, I think I predicted the worst OOC record on the board, but among the best A10 records. That is both a reflection of the schedule and how I expect this team to progress. Some people are predicting 8-3 or 9-2 in the OOC and then a close to .500 league mark. If this team is 9-2 after OOC we will be a six or seven seed in the NCAA tournament in March.
Agree 100%. I honestly believe we will beat Nebraska, take 2 in Orlando, and I really think we beat PC. But yes, there is a nightmare scenario where we lose at home to a tough Nebraska team, drop to Kansas, win the next one against Santa Clara, then drop to GT, and all of a sudden we're 2-3 going to PC.

If we only lose to Kansas and 1 other team, I agree...we're dancing for sure in March.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Agree with TP. Have to think we are much better come A10 time versus OOC play. I think our team will develop in phases based on some seminal moments in the schedule, I could see us take a first step coming out of Nebraska (our first real test) and then more improvement coming from Orlando, and finally firing on all cylinders come end December. The question is, during these growing pains will we be able to squeeze out some Ws against good competition.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Agree with you guys. Funny thing is that this team generally has experienced this last year.

The november tourney, hostile PC game, less-heralded games sprinkled in during a month of students not being around campus.

I am eager to see how they react this year.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:Agree with you guys. Funny thing is that this team generally has experienced this last year.

The november tourney, hostile PC game, less-heralded games sprinkled in during a month of students not being around campus.

I am eager to see how they react this year.
I would like to have had a few more cupcakes to snack on, but we will know where we stand with this group pretty quick. I hope this team is ready to play and execute at crunch time.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

does the pace (div 2) game ciunt towards our record ?

when we win , will we be 1-0 on espn, etc ?

got confused w/ projo saying sunday is our 1st game
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I'm not sure either, seems media are referring to it as an exhibition now.
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

It does count against our record but no tournament committee or RPI calculation will consider the game
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

emBARONsing !

come on. we are better than this !

LOL

Go Rhody !
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

It is a real game but will not count towards RPI. Media confusion is likely due to the fact that it is relatively uncommon to play D2 teams in "real" games - typically they are exhibitions.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
BPR2010
ARD

Unread post by BPR2010 »

It's a game we can finally see with our own eyes, so to that point, I say it's an official game. Obviously doesn't count towards our official RPI/record. Memphis lost to a D2 school last night in an "official" game, Josh Pastner said the only positive to come out of it was that it didn't count against their record.
0 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

The Memphis game was classified as an Exhibition. The Pace game is not an Exhibition for us.
0 x
Ram Stampede!!!
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Ram Stampede!!! »

rodfromcranston wrote:I'm pissed. I didn't realize there was a game Sunday!
Someone needs to make an "App for that". We need a Rhody scoreboard and stat app for good reason. Also for those time that you cant watch the team.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Ram Stampede!!! wrote:
Someone needs to make an "App for that". We need a Rhody scoreboard and stat app for good reason. Also for those time that you cant watch the team.
http://www.gorhody.com/frontrow
0 x
Ram Stampede!!!
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Ram Stampede!!! »

adam914 wrote:
Ram Stampede!!! wrote:
http://www.gorhody.com/frontrow

Good man!
0 x