'15 NC SF Rayjon Tucker (Memphis Grad Transfer)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

'15 NC SF Rayjon Tucker (Memphis Grad Transfer)

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rayjon Tucker - SF
School: Northside Christian Academy
Travel/AAU: Team Charlotte

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 185

RANKINGS:
Rivals: 3 Stars
ESPN: 4 Stars, 82 Grade, #100 in 2015, #20 SF

OFFERS:
Rhode Island
BC
Campbell
Charlotte
Gardner-Webb
Middle Tennessee
Radford
UNC-Greensboro
Western Carolina
Western Kentucky
Winthrop
Wofford
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: Rayjon Tucker

Check out the athleticism on this kid...just started playing basketball 2 years ago.

David Schneider @ShowTimeNation · 4h
Team Charlotte F Rayjon Tucker (@Rayjon_Tucker24) picks up an offer from Rhode Island. #A10 #UAA (HT @Team_CLT) http://showtimenation.com

0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I think maybe he can fly.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

According to ESPN, he's fierce competitor, defender and offensive rebounder. However, his ball skills and shooting need work.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I'm not one for mix tapes usually but yeah this kid can jump out of the gym. Every highlight seemed to start normally only to have Tucker come out of nowhere with his athleticism.

Interesting the Yahoo/Rivals page lists BC and then a bunch of mid-majors and one bid conference schools.

http://sports.yahoo.com/njhoops/basketb ... ker-158332
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Yes, interestingly, BC got involved a couple of weeks ago.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Alex Kline @TheRecruitScoop · 34m
2015 Team Charlotte (NC) SF Rayjon Tucker was offered by Middle Tennessee State & Rhode Island today.
0 x
TexRam
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by TexRam »

Billyboy78 wrote:Check out the athleticism on this kid...just started playing basketball 2 years ago.

David Schneider @ShowTimeNation · 4h
Team Charlotte F Rayjon Tucker (@Rayjon_Tucker24) picks up an offer from Rhode Island. #A10 #UAA (HT @Team_CLT) http://showtimenation.com

love the dikembe finger wag at 0:15. Nah nah nah!
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

Rayjon Tucker cemented a spot in the post-spring Rivals150 by leading his team to a title at the Under Armour Invitational.

Sounds like his recruiting is going to keep heating up. Dan needs to go after him hard i imagine for this to work.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

0 x
Andrew
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Andrew »

There's always a spot available for someone who can play good defense... the offense can come later. Some of those blocks are incredible.
0 x
Go Rhody!
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Now THAT looks like the replacement for TJ!
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
URI_IEP
Lamar Odom

Unread post by URI_IEP »

Establish the relationship now before Mid Ten, UNC-Green, and West Kentucky change to Tennessee, UNC, and UK. As the 36th rated SF this guy is going to get more offers...
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Okay, am I the only one having a hard time understanding how this kid has only been playing basketball for 2 years? Obviously there's not much in the ways of ball handling in the video, but there are enough outside shots in it to see his form looks good and his instinct for the game doesn't look two years old. I know its a highlight vid, but he looks as if he's been playing two years longer than anyone else in these clips, not two years in total.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

It looks like his athleticism is off the charts. The question is whether or not his basketball skills will catch up. It's definitely worth staying on this kid for the next 6 months to see how he is developing. He might have to be a November signing before he possibly blows up his senior year.
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Sometimes it is beneficial if someone picks the sport up later in life. Many of the bad habits haven't developed, and you can work on having proper form without reverting back to old habits. If someone has taken a ton of shots with poor form, it can be difficult to break that habit, where as construction a shot from scratch can allow for someone with high athletic IQ to pick it up. From that point, it is up to the player to get up enough shots and reps to improve their skills.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

With three scholarships for next year, and only one
real need, Hurley can take a chance on a player like this,
and see how he develops.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Very impressive. Extremely quick leaper. He's got some Lamonte Ulmer in him, one of my all-time favorites at URI.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Had an outstanding tourney in UA competition in Houston for Team Charlotte, which won championship….
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

This guy's learning curve is spectacular. I hope he goes Keaney Blue
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Ramrod
Kenny Green

Unread post by Ramrod »

What a great article STC. I LOVE the sound of this kid. Imagine how much improvement he's going to make over the course of 4 years.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

rodfromcranston wrote:With three scholarships for next year, and only one
real need, Hurley can take a chance on a player like this,
and see how he develops.
WHY NOT GIVE HIM ALL THREE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously, that spin move from the overplay to the weak side into the lane is something you can teach, but FEW can execute -- especially like THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also, two teachers/mentors/coaches at the high school level will hopefully clear the way as to whom is the real deal as a coach/mentor at the college level vs. the BS-Artistes. Matthews, Martin, Terrell, and Garrett will be key in dealing with "Tucker. The Phenom. The Dream" if and when he visits.
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Considering his height and the height of his leaps..... Plus the fact his dunks come out of dribble moves and spins..... Who else is as athletic as him? Or has been?
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Andrew
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Andrew »

1:34 - ... :shock:

0 x
Go Rhody!
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Andrew wrote:1:34 - ... :shock:

Holy Russell Westbrook...
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

According to Alex Kline……….

VCU offered 2015 Team Charlotte (NC) wing Rayjon Tucker during his unofficial visit today.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Rhody was not heavily involved, but Tucker reportedly committed to Florida Gulf Coast- he's pretty much a perfect match for Dunk City.

Do yourself a favor and watch those highlight tapes again. His game as a whole needs some work, but he can fly.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Greedy Peterson lite
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: '15 NC SF Rayjon Tucker (Florida Gulf Coast Verbal)

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Looks like no one is interested lol
0 x
rhodyfan3
ARD

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

Kind of seems like we'll have to look elsewhere looking at that list
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Not surprising Nevada is on that list. Musselman loves transfers, and gets them.

However Tucker looks P5 material.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Wait this title now says Florida Gulf Coast Verbal. Did he already agree to a transfer?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

steviep123 wrote: 5 years ago Wait this title now says Florida Gulf Coast Verbal. Did he already agree to a transfer?
No, that is where he was originally slated to go 4 years ago
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago
steviep123 wrote: 5 years ago Wait this title now says Florida Gulf Coast Verbal. Did he already agree to a transfer?
He actually went to Florida Gulf Coast, then he transferred to Arkansas Little Rock, now transferring again
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

ramster wrote: 5 years ago
DC_Rams wrote: 5 years ago
He actually went to Florida Gulf Coast, then he transferred to Arkansas Little Rock, now transferring again
Ah, gotcha.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: '15 NC SF Rayjon Tucker (Pending Grad Transfer from Little Rock)

Good grief....when I just saw the adjusted title of this thread, I thought we were getting him...the word pending threw me off.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

For fucking christ’s sake. Really don’t need everyone fucking complaining about the goddamn thread titles. No matter the thread title is, someone fucking complains about it. Someone complained they thought he chose FGCU, so I fucking changed it, now someone is complaining they thought he was coming here even though the thread title doesn’t say a fucking thing about URI. Maybe read the thread and not just the fucking title. Jesus.
7 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Why the need to go all bat shit crazy over this? No big deal.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago For fucking christ’s sake. Really don’t need everyone fucking complaining about the goddamn thread titles. No matter the thread title is, someone fucking complains about it. Someone complained they thought he chose FGCU, so I fucking changed it, now someone is complaining they thought he was coming here even though the thread title doesn’t say a fucking thing about URI. Maybe read the thread and not just the fucking title. Jesus.
Thank you for changing the title. I wasn't complaining....I merely was wondering if he signed with FGCU already since it was the title....I didn't realized he signed with them a couple of years ago then transferred to Little Rock.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

rambone 78 wrote: 5 years ago Why the need to go all bat shit crazy over this? No big deal.
The cursing was intended for humorous effect, although I can see how that might not come across.

And, to be honest, underneath that attempt at some vulgar humor, there is a real frustration at the general level of whininess and the tendency here for people to complain about everything. We have people complaining about thank-you emails from the marketing people. We have people complaining that some threads that get daily participation should be locked. We have people complaining that a guy is transferring, a guy isn’t transferring, or that another poster said a guy might transfer - when there are 700 transfers every year in college basketball. All year we’ve had people complaining about the coach, the administration, the players, the facilities, the attendance, the stream, the TV contract, the band, the students, the parking, the traffic, the concessions, the internet, the women’s coach, the thread titles, the existence of threads, the moderators (who, it should be noted, do this for free - nobody has to pay to be here, and nobody gets paid to be here), on and on.

I get that, to some degree, this place exists as a repository for complaints large and small. Totally fine. I’m guilty of bitching about stuff here too (complaining about all the complaining!). But for the love of everything that is good in this world, please let up just a little on the reflexive need to be so whiny.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I get ya TP....but I have to say, sometimes your attempts at humor fall flat.

Everyone here is different, and many look at the same thing differently.

I guess we're all guilty of being human.

Onward.....
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago
rambone 78 wrote: 5 years ago Why the need to go all bat shit crazy over this? No big deal.
The cursing was intended for humorous effect, although I can see how that might not come across.

And, to be honest, underneath that attempt at some vulgar humor, there is a real frustration at the general level of whininess and the tendency here for people to complain about everything. We have people complaining about thank-you emails from the marketing people. We have people complaining that some threads that get daily participation should be locked. We have people complaining that a guy is transferring, a guy isn’t transferring, or that another poster said a guy might transfer - when there are 700 transfers every year in college basketball. All year we’ve had people complaining about the coach, the administration, the players, the facilities, the attendance, the stream, the TV contract, the band, the students, the parking, the traffic, the concessions, the internet, the women’s coach, the thread titles, the existence of threads, the moderators (who, it should be noted, do this for free - nobody has to pay to be here, and nobody gets paid to be here), on and on.

I get that, to some degree, this place exists as a repository for complaints large and small. Totally fine. I’m guilty of bitching about stuff here too (complaining about all the complaining!). But for the love of everything that is good in this world, please let up just a little on the reflexive need to be so whiny.

i like this.. can i borrow it TP ?

The "CUT BAIT" was intended for humorous effect, although I can see how that might not come across.

phew/whew.. NOW i can sleep at night !
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

TruePoint wrote: 5 years ago

i like this.. can i borrow it TP ?

The "CUT BAIT" was intended for humorous effect, although I can see how that might not come across.

phew/whew.. NOW i can sleep at night !
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

TP just block more posters. It works. Their comments are very consistent.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

TPs bracket Murray have busted lol
0 x