'19 VT G Tyler Bertram

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Iggy1979
Carlton Owens

'19 VT G Tyler Bertram

Postby Iggy1979 » 1 month ago

Tyler Bertram - G
School: Vermont Academy

Height: 6-4

Offers:
St. Joe's
St. Bonaventure
Siena
Manhattan
NJIT
Hofstra
Fordham

Interest
URI
GW
Vermont
PC
VCU
Syracuse
Brown
Oklahoma
Kansas St.
Stanford

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/tyler-bertram
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."

Iggy1979
Carlton Owens

Re: '19 VT G Tyler Bertram

Pure, deep shooter. Coach's son. Getting A-10 attention after transferring to Vermont Academy. Being tracked by Moore.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."

Rhody83
Art Stephenson

Postby Rhody83 » 1 month ago

0 x

Rhody83
Art Stephenson

Watch this video. This kid can shoot.
1 x

sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Postby sf2010 » 1 month ago

Very impressive video, but obviously there needs to be more to his game than that.

I am sure that there is, but I think many of us under-appreciate simply how good even marginal D1 guards can be at shooting the ball.

Matthew Butler famously (infamously?) hit 43-50 3's on his visit here. I'd love to see some game film of this kid to see how well it translates to game speed.
0 x

Iggy1979
Carlton Owens

Scored 31 points against IMG.
0 x

Rhody83
Art Stephenson

sf2010 wrote:Very impressive video, but obviously there needs to be more to his game than that.

I am sure that there is, but I think many of us under-appreciate simply how good even marginal D1 guards can be at shooting the ball.

Matthew Butler famously (infamously?) hit 43-50 3's on his visit here. I'd love to see some game film of this kid to see how well it translates to game speed.

Read the USATodayHSS article to see how he finished the game. I believe he had 9 of their last 11 points and assisted on the other basket. This was against a kid who may skip college because he would be a NBA lottery pick this year. Tyler rimmed out a deep three at the buzzer that wouldve tied the game. This was the biggest game of his life with all the college coaches in attendance. Cal and Ewing were right behind the basket. His star teammate didn’t play.
0 x

Rhody83
Art Stephenson

He transferred to Vermont Academy to play with teammates and against better competition.
Here is a video from last year. Look at the range.
0 x

Rhody15
Tom Garrick

Postby Rhody15 » 1 month ago

sf2010 wrote:Very impressive video, but obviously there needs to be more to his game than that.

Averaging 17 a game at UT-Martin.
0 x
Go Rhody

sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Postby sf2010 » 1 month ago

Rhody15 wrote:

Averaging 17 a game at UT-Martin.

I heard that - good for him! Seems a similar situation to Jarelle Reischel, overall not good enough to crack our rotation for major minutes, but finding success at a lower level.
0 x

Iggy1979
Carlton Owens

The kid is blowing up. I updated schools list.
0 x

Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Postby Ramulous » 1 month ago

Seems like a facsimile to Jimmy Baron.....I player I would have on my team (Jimmy) any day.....if Bertram comes close I like him....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, and Boxworth!

Rhody83
Art Stephenson

Bertram Against IMG Post Grad with Anfernee Simons 6’4” G (5 star #8) and Eric Ayla 6’5” G (4 star #91) at Hoophall Classic last weekend.
1 x

reef
Sly Williams

Postby reef » 1 month ago

Nice height at 6'4 great size for a pure shooter
0 x

Return to “Recruitment Corner”