'19 NJ SG - Paul Mulcahy (Rutgers)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

'19 NJ SG - Paul Mulcahy (Rutgers)

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

Paul Mulcahy - SG
School: Gil St. Bernard's (NJ)
Travel/AAU: NJ Playaz

Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 186

RANKINGS:
Rivals: 3 Stars, #146 in 2019
247 Sports: 4 Stars, 92 Grade, #110 in 2019, #6 CG

OFFERS:
Rhode Island
BC
Rutgers
Seton Hall
SMU
St. Joe's
Temple
UMass

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... ahy-180508
https://247sports.com/Player/Paul-Mulcahy-91753
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/paul-mulcahy
Last edited by URIRecruitingInfo 5 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: '19 NJ SG - Paul Mulcahy (Offer)

Unread post by ace »

0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

In the building behind the bench tonight
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Wasn't there a Mulcahy that was big on the NJ sports scene and became AD at Rutgers?
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Yes, Robert Mulcahy was a former NJ Corrections commisioner who later became the first commisioner of
the NJ sports Exposition Authority that managed the Meadowlands sports complex which at the time was
responsible for the Brendan Byrne Arena ( later the Meadowlands Arena and the IZOD ARENA) annd the original
Giants stadium. He was once AD at Rutgers. I'm not sure if Paul is related or not.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Mulcahy was at the LaSalle game Wednesday with his high school coach, former SHU Pirate/URI Ram Mergin Sina (along with his son-former SHU Pirate/GW Colonial Jaren). They announced and showed Mergin on the big video board as the former Ram player alumnus at the game.
Last edited by RF1 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Hurley has an in home visit with Mulcahy today. He's also watching Kofi Cockburn. We need some assistants to be out on the road right now while Cox is handling official visits on campus . Very important period for '19 recruits. We're at a disadvantage right now.
1 x
jcru
Sly Williams

Unread post by jcru »

True, true, and true.

But you know what? I'm not arguing against Cox needing assistants sooner than later, but the best thing he can do right now, this week, is lock down Omar when he comes to visit.

Cox isn't going to get any biggs that can move the needle like the guys he's already managed to keep here, until they see what a Cox lead team does. How it plays, what the style is, where they fit individually, what the future of the team looks like, the early results, etc.

Get Omar. Either spend the last ship on a transfer or hold onto it. Then concentrate on the upcoming season and making all new contacts with players who want to play for Coach Cox and URI, and not Hurley.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

jcru wrote:True, true, and true.

But you know what? I'm not arguing against Cox needing assistants sooner than later, but the best thing he can do right now, this week, is lock down Omar when he comes to visit.

Cox isn't going to get any biggs that can move the needle like the guys he's already managed to keep here, until they see what a Cox lead team does. How it plays, what the style is, where they fit individually, what the future of the team looks like, the early results, etc.

Get Omar. Either spend the last ship on a transfer or hold onto it. Then concentrate on the upcoming season and making all new contacts with players who want to play for Coach Cox and URI, and not Hurley.
You don’t make “all new contacts” for players that are going into their Sr year. Read what recruits say when they make a decision. Most start with “they have shown interest in me for 3 (or 4) years”. This is exactly what Harris and Tate said. They were talking about the interest from the Ast Coach (Cox and Ty) not the HC. Cox and Ty will continue to recruit the same players in the class of ‘19 AND ‘20 that they have been recruiting for the last 2 and 3 years.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billyboy78 wrote:Hurley has an in home visit with Mulcahy today. He's also watching Kofi Cockburn. We need some assistants to be out on the road right now while Cox is handling official visits on campus . Very important period for '19 recruits. We're at a disadvantage right now.
Hurley chasing another 3 star recruit (per Rivals and 247). I thought he went to UCONN so he could get 4 & 5 star recruits. Instead he is recruiting the same players that he targeted at URI.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

83, I don't think he has much choice at this point....most of the 4's and 5's are signed already....too late.

But another guard? Wow glad we don't have that problem anymore.....Rod would be having a field day with this, and I wouldn't blame him one bit!

The Boneyard...I don't read it, but maybe I should...need some laughs.
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

rambone 78 wrote:83, I don't think he has much choice at this point....most of the 4's and 5's are signed already....too late.

But another guard? Wow glad we don't have that problem anymore.....Rod would be having a field day with this, and I wouldn't blame him one bit!.

You keep saying this, but are you aware that they have 5 guards on next year’s 13 man roster? And that only 3, including the two just signed, are a sure thing?

That number (5) includes Jalen Adams, who is thought to be returning but nothing has been confirmed, and Alterique Gilbert, who has been injured for most of two seasons and likely will not be full strength at the start of the season.

I don’t care what you think about Hurley or UConn, but those are the numbers.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rambone 78 wrote:83, I don't think he has much choice at this point....most of the 4's and 5's are signed already....too late.

But another guard? Wow glad we don't have that problem anymore.....Rod would be having a field day with this, and I wouldn't blame him one bit!

78, Paul Mulchay is a ‘19. UCONN finished their ‘18 recruiting this weekend with three signings (2 Gs & 1 big man).

I agree with Ace. Gilbert has a bad shoulder and it is still questionable whether Jalen Adams (their leading scorer) returns for his Sr year. They already have a lot of front court players on the roster for next year.

My surprise is that he is going after a 3 star player for 2019.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Rhody83 wrote:

78, Paul Mulchay is a ‘19. UCONN finished their ‘18 recruiting this weekend with three signings (2 Gs & 1 big man).

I agree with Ace. Gilbert has a bad shoulder and it is still questionable whether Jalen Adams (their leading scorer) returns for his Sr year. They already have a lot of front court players on the roster for next year.

My surprise is that he is going after a 3 star player for 2019.
As always, I look at the other teams recruiting a player (Xavier, Florida for example). He is a Rivals Top 150 guy. I also think the 3 stars ranking can be so broad and pretty useless... 4 or 5, maybe there’s consensus that a guy is good. 2 stars? Probably just ok or good but under-covered. Three stars? Could be Michael Tertsea or Hassan Martin. ESPN has him as a 4 star, but they’re kind of bad at this.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I agree that ESPN is pretty bad at their star ratings. I just look at Rivals and 247.
There seems to be a few clear breaks in talent.
Top 25 (5 stars)
26-100 (4 stars)
101-150 (mix of 4 & 3s)
Below 150
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Awesome coached by our own Mergie Sina
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Committed to Rutgers.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Last edited by Rhody83 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Dan Hurley targeted this kid. Dan had one of four in home visits with Mulcahy - Rutgers, GTech, UCONN, Northwestern.

0 x