'18 RI F Jack Quinlevan

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhody74
Carlton Owens

'18 RI F Jack Quinlevan

Unread postby Rhody74 » 1 month ago

placeholder
0 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

Rhody74
Carlton Owens

Re: '18 RI F Jack Quinlevan

6-10 F/C from St. Andrews
0 x

thatRamBand
Jeff Kent

Unread postby thatRamBand » 1 month ago

Looks like he can shoot from the outside, and he's 6'10. Good skill set to have.
1 x

Rhody74
Carlton Owens

Verbal Commits shows him as a 2-star and the only offer I could find was Kennesaw State (Al Skinner's new coaching gig).
1 x

Rhodymob05
Carlton Owens

Unread postby Rhodymob05 » 1 month ago

Need a post guy. I hope that's the goal.
1 x
RHODE ISLAND RAMS 2017 A10 CHAMPS

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley

Unread postby Billyboy78 » 1 month ago

Nothing against this kid, but I don't want to use our last scholarship on a project. We already have 2 of those on the roster.
2 x

NorthernRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread postby NorthernRamFan » 1 month ago

Billyboy78 wrote:Nothing against this kid, but I don't want to use our last scholarship on a project. We already have 2 of those on the roster.

When are we going to stop being negative about ML and MT? This kid could come in, redshirt and be a valued asset. He’s a EYBL kid... he must have some skill
1 x

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley

NorthernRamFan wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:Nothing against this kid, but I don't want to use our last scholarship on a project. We already have 2 of those on the roster.

When are we going to stop being negative about ML and MT? This kid could come in, redshirt and be a valued asset. He’s a EYBL kid... he must have some skill

Unless every coach in the country has missed on him, I assume he's a project. Haven't given up on ML and MT, but from what I've seen, I still would call them projects.
1 x

Seawrightspostgame
Carlton Owens

Unread postby Seawrightspostgame » 1 month ago

NorthernRamFan wrote:

I don't think it is a we thing. I think it is more a handful of ppl, but they just bang the drum so loud it seems like there are more. Get size any way that you can. By hook or crook. Our team is going to have a serious front line in terms of bodies we can throw at ppl. A true sign that a team outside of the P-5 has a higher profile
1 x
I just think this team has an identity now. - Tue Feb 21, 2017

Running Ram
Cuttino Mobley

Unread postby Running Ram » 1 month ago

Just watched about 15 minutes of highlights of Jack, so now I'm an expert, I like his game!! He's not some stiff long term project, he's 6'10" with skills. Ok,Ok, I know it's highlights, but you can't teach height and you can assess footwork, hands and court awareness from video. Get him signed up! Our 2018 class will be 6'3", 6'5", 6'7", 6'9" and 6'10". And in case anyone is counting that's a PG, SG, SF, PF and C. I was bummed to see Amir de-commit, but I sure wouldn't mind landing Jack at C.
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley

I will go watch him in Barrington in 6 weeks or so. I will have more accurate opinion of him after that.
1 x

Rhody74
Carlton Owens

I'm thinking his St. Andrew's coach brought him to URI to sell him to Hurley and the gang. I'm sure they'll check him out, but I don't know how much interest there is on our part.
1 x

Iggy1979
Carlton Owens

Unread postby Iggy1979 » 1 month ago

Grew 5 or 6 inches in last two years. Transferred in from Wisconsin. Be interesting to see how he does against better competition.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."

bigappleram
Sly Williams

Unread postby bigappleram » 1 month ago

I'm more intrigued by a closer relationship with St Andrews and Hart. Regardless if it's this kid or another kid down the line, they are the only school in RI worth having a connection with for where our program wants to go.
1 x

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley

bigappleram wrote:I'm more intrigued by a closer relationship with St Andrews and Hart. Regardless if it's this kid or another kid down the line, they are the only school in RI worth having a connection with for where our program wants to go.

True, very good program right now. Already sending one to Villanova and one to Syracuse from this year's team.
1 x

Skinnyfatts
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread postby Skinnyfatts » 13 hours ago

Quinlevan was a wing up until his sophomore year he really shot up so he’s got some outside skills and ability to be a little
Versatile , according to a few people who have seen some SA practices recently he’s pretty good
0 x

R.Kelly150
Jim Eitner

Unread postby R.Kelly150 » 12 hours ago

If not a scholarship what about preferred walk-on status with potential chance at a full ride??? If Hart is bringing him down here as a "unofficial" audition why not appease a coach that has sent p,entry of player to D1 programs and some to the NBA. If he thinks the kid can play and he (Quinlevan) is a legit 6'10" I don't see the harm.
0 x

reef
Carlton Owens

Unread postby reef » 6 hours ago

After watching tonight's game we sure can use anybody that's 6'10 and has any skills at all
0 x

Return to “Recruitment Corner”