'18 RI F Jack Quinlevan

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

'18 RI F Jack Quinlevan

Unread post by Rhody74 »

placeholder
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: '18 RI F Jack Quinlevan

Unread post by Rhody74 »

6-10 F/C from St. Andrews
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

Looks like he can shoot from the outside, and he's 6'10. Good skill set to have.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Verbal Commits shows him as a 2-star and the only offer I could find was Kennesaw State (Al Skinner's new coaching gig).
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Need a post guy. I hope that's the goal.
1 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Nothing against this kid, but I don't want to use our last scholarship on a project. We already have 2 of those on the roster.
2 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NorthernRamFan »

Billyboy78 wrote:Nothing against this kid, but I don't want to use our last scholarship on a project. We already have 2 of those on the roster.
When are we going to stop being negative about ML and MT? This kid could come in, redshirt and be a valued asset. He’s a EYBL kid... he must have some skill
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NorthernRamFan wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:Nothing against this kid, but I don't want to use our last scholarship on a project. We already have 2 of those on the roster.
When are we going to stop being negative about ML and MT? This kid could come in, redshirt and be a valued asset. He’s a EYBL kid... he must have some skill
Unless every coach in the country has missed on him, I assume he's a project. Haven't given up on ML and MT, but from what I've seen, I still would call them projects.
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

NorthernRamFan wrote:
I don't think it is a we thing. I think it is more a handful of ppl, but they just bang the drum so loud it seems like there are more. Get size any way that you can. By hook or crook. Our team is going to have a serious front line in terms of bodies we can throw at ppl. A true sign that a team outside of the P-5 has a higher profile
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Just watched about 15 minutes of highlights of Jack, so now I'm an expert, I like his game!! He's not some stiff long term project, he's 6'10" with skills. Ok,Ok, I know it's highlights, but you can't teach height and you can assess footwork, hands and court awareness from video. Get him signed up! Our 2018 class will be 6'3", 6'5", 6'7", 6'9" and 6'10". And in case anyone is counting that's a PG, SG, SF, PF and C. I was bummed to see Amir de-commit, but I sure wouldn't mind landing Jack at C.
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I will go watch him in Barrington in 6 weeks or so. I will have more accurate opinion of him after that.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I'm thinking his St. Andrew's coach brought him to URI to sell him to Hurley and the gang. I'm sure they'll check him out, but I don't know how much interest there is on our part.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Grew 5 or 6 inches in last two years. Transferred in from Wisconsin. Be interesting to see how he does against better competition.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I'm more intrigued by a closer relationship with St Andrews and Hart. Regardless if it's this kid or another kid down the line, they are the only school in RI worth having a connection with for where our program wants to go.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote:I'm more intrigued by a closer relationship with St Andrews and Hart. Regardless if it's this kid or another kid down the line, they are the only school in RI worth having a connection with for where our program wants to go.
True, very good program right now. Already sending one to Villanova and one to Syracuse from this year's team.
1 x
Skinnyfatts
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Skinnyfatts »

Quinlevan was a wing up until his sophomore year he really shot up so he’s got some outside skills and ability to be a little
Versatile , according to a few people who have seen some SA practices recently he’s pretty good
0 x
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

Unread post by R.Kelly150 »

If not a scholarship what about preferred walk-on status with potential chance at a full ride??? If Hart is bringing him down here as a "unofficial" audition why not appease a coach that has sent p,entry of player to D1 programs and some to the NBA. If he thinks the kid can play and he (Quinlevan) is a legit 6'10" I don't see the harm.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

After watching tonight's game we sure can use anybody that's 6'10 and has any skills at all
0 x
Skinnyfatts
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Skinnyfatts »

Why would any kid that will get D1 offers come here as a walk on with a chance to maybe get a ship? Hey kid please turn down other opportunities to PLAY. And get a free education becuase Danny Hurley needs you as a walk on and a chance?
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

More of a possibility if URI ends up with two scholarships available.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

Unread post by R.Kelly150 »

I was only saying he could come in as a walk-on based upon his current offers or lack thereof. You’re right he could go start for kenesaw state....who the hell is that!
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

In yesterday's St Andrews game JQ scored 2 points.....Cole Swider had 34...someday I hope local kids like Swider and Duke give Rhody a serious look....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Ramulous wrote:In yesterday's St Andrews game JQ scored 2 points.....Cole Swider had 34...someday I hope local kids like Swider and Duke give Rhody a serious look....
Swider has 39 and 34 in his first 2 games. And he's coming off of a broken wrist. His 3 point shot isn't quite back yet and he's one of the best shooters in the country. He's finding other ways to score. I don't think Quinlevan is a Div. 1 prospect. He's just big.
0 x