Sid Wilson

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Sid Wilson

Unread post by eli#10 »

He is transferring from St Johns as school is about to start. Since he took summer school classes he will have to sit out a year before being able to play at his new school.
Do we still have any interest?
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Sid Wilson

Unread post by rhodylaw »

I would say yes - but we don't have an open scholarship
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

He could prep this year and then sign on as an 18' but we were out of the running for him early on. Uconn and Texas were in his final 3 I believe as will be considered favorites for him again.
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

Would he even be eligible to prep if he was enrolled in college and already took summer courses?
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NorthernRamFan »

CT Rhody wrote:He could prep this year and then sign on as an 18' but we were out of the running for him early on. Uconn and Texas were in his final 3 I believe as will be considered favorites for him again.
He can't prep, he has to either sit out and go pro overseas if he wants, transfer and be eligible next fall or burn a year and play juco... weird that he's transferring right now.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I think he has a pretty good appeal case to the NCAA to play this year.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

we'll see.. but this writer doesnt think so

Two potential destinations that might make sense for Wilson are Texas and UConn, the runners-up when he committed to St. John’s. Because he took classes at St. John’s this summer, he will have to sit out the coming season, barring an unexpected waiver from the NCAA.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/29/st-johns-s ... n-stunner/
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

And they will seek a waiver
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."