Class of 2018 recruiting visits (first post updated)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Class of 2018 recruiting visits (first post updated)

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I'll try to constantly update this first post for visits posted in individual recruit threads. Any visit posted in this thread will definitely be added. Whenever possible please link to a source.

PA SG Tyrese Martin official 9/8-11 Committed 9/13
MD PF Jermaine Harris unofficial 6/26, official 9/22-24 Committed 10/6
NY G Omar Silverio unofficial 2017 VCU home game, 6/28, official 4/18+19, committed 4/19

MD PG Amir Harris 9/15-17 Committed to URI 9/17, Decommitted 10/11
MD PG Brendan Adams official 9/7-9 Committed 10/8, Decommitted 4/4

NY PF Souleymane Koureissi unofficial 6/21
KY PG Anthony Nelson unofficial 6/22 Not in his top 5
MA SF Philmon Gebrewhit unofficial 6/22, URI Elite Camp 6/25
MA PF Chris Doherty unofficial before 6/23
RI F Jack Quinlevan unofficial 10/12

Ousmane Diop URI Elite Camp 6/25

MD G Matt Balanc rumored official (by Slim) last weekend of September There is no evidence this visit actually occurred, Committed to Quinnipiac
Last edited by RhowdyRam02 6 years ago, edited 24 times in total.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: Class of 2018 recruiting visits (first post updated)

1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

In Matt Balanc's thread, Slim says Matt will be visiting in September, although he didn't give a specific date.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I saw that. With no date or source I wasn't comfortable adding that yet, but I'll keep my eye out. I probably should have added that as a reply here.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

1 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

Billyboy78 wrote:In Matt Balanc's thread, Slim says Matt will be visiting in September, although he didn't give a specific date.
Will be either the 3rd or 4th weekend in September
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

As always September will be a huge month for the future of this program
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Sept 7, Brendan Adam, official
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Slim wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:In Matt Balanc's thread, Slim says Matt will be visiting in September, although he didn't give a specific date.
Is this the same guy that played "Joey" on Friends?
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Iggy1979 wrote:Sept 7, Brendan Adam, official
Glad to see this is set up, he is actively being recruited by BCS level programs for whatever that is worth.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Great that Adams is visiting

Here are the Home Football Games prior to National Signing Day
September: Saturday 09 vs Stony Brook 1:00 PM
September: Saturday 16 vs Harvard 1:00 PM

October: Saturday 21 vs Elon 12:00 PM Homecoming | Family Day

November: Saturday 04 vs James Madison 12:00 PM
November: Saturday 11 vs Villanova 12:00 PM
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

If we're recruiting against schools like Georgia, I hope we're not taking Adams to a football game.
3 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Billyboy78 wrote:If we're recruiting against schools like Georgia, I hope we're not taking Adams to a football game.
Or maybe that's exactly where we want to bring him. If that doesn't show him basketball is number 1 at URI than I don't know what would.
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Iggy1979 wrote:Sept 7, Brendan Adams, official
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Iggy1979 wrote:
Iggy1979 wrote:Sept 7, Brendan Adams, official
Let's update that top page with this news!
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

More on Adams...
Julius Kim‏ @JKimElevate · 1h1 hour ago
2018 Team Melo guard Brendan Adams will take an official visit to Wyoming on 9/15
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Billyboy78 wrote:More on Adams...
Julius Kim‏ @JKimElevate · 1h1 hour ago
2018 Team Melo guard Brendan Adams will take an official visit to Wyoming on 9/15
Wow interesting. Let's hope it doesn't even go that far.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Slim wrote:
Source for this?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Officials are normally multiple days. Was there a source on this?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
Slim wrote:
Source for this?
The source is Slim. He knows Balanc.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
Officials are normally multiple days. Was there a source on this?
That's the day the visit starts. Can't reveal source.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

It's "twitter official" anyway now

0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Interesting dynamic with Adams and Martin both scheduled to take official visits this coming weekend. Will we take commitments from both players or do we only take the first of the two who verbal?
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Just an assumption but they would gladly take both, focus on Harris with a backup front court player targeted incase they don't land Harris and then Williams will be the last remaining target with Balanc the backup.

Anybody disagree?
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

CT Rhody wrote:Just an assumption but they would gladly take both, focus on Harris with a backup front court player targeted incase they don't land Harris and then Williams will be the last remaining target with Balanc the backup.

Anybody disagree?
Not me. In my ideal wotld, we'll be done on 9/22 when Harris verbally agrees after Martin and Adams verval this weekend.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

CT Rhody wrote:Just an assumption but they would gladly take both, focus on Harris with a backup front court player targeted incase they don't land Harris and then Williams will be the last remaining target with Balanc the backup.

Anybody disagree?
So you think they try to fill all five open scholarships the traditional way and don't hold one back for a transfer?
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

RhowdyRam02 wrote:

Anybody disagree?
So you think they try to fill all five open scholarships the traditional way and don't hold one back for a transfer?
I think if they can land 5 players that they are projecting will be able to make an impact and they want to commit, why wouldn't they take them all? Especially nowadays where the average team losses two transfers a season, one spot might open up that way anyway later on.
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Any update on the Balanc visit? We still have 3rd or 4th weekend posted up there.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Lot of three star recruits being mentioned. For this storied class. No top 100 and the discussion of best class ever ends.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

CT Rhody wrote:Any update on the Balanc visit? We still have 3rd or 4th weekend posted up there.
There has been no confirmation of what Slim claimed. He joined a month ago and made six posts in a week, all related to Balanc, and hasn't been back in three weeks. When I asked if there was an outside source corroborating Slim's claim another poster said Slim knew Balanc. I don't know how the other poster knew that and how close the relationship is between Slim and Balanc, if it exists at all. Frankly, I didn't want to include it at all in the top post, I think it should be for confirmed information only, but I also didn't want to keep getting asked why I wasn't including all "information". I guess we'll know in a couple weeks.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

theblueram wrote:Lot of three star recruits being mentioned. For this storied class. No top 100 and the discussion of best class ever ends.
I have not seen or read "best class ever" anywhere but by a few posters on this board.
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:Any update on the Balanc visit? We still have 3rd or 4th weekend posted up there.
There has been no confirmation of what Slim claimed. He joined a month ago and made six posts in a week, all related to Balanc, and hasn't been back in three weeks. When I asked if there was an outside source corroborating Slim's claim another poster said Slim knew Balanc. I don't know how the other poster knew that and how close the relationship is between Slim and Balanc, if it exists at all. Frankly, I didn't want to include it at all in the top post, I think it should be for confirmed information only, but I also didn't want to keep getting asked why I wasn't including all "information". I guess we'll know in a couple weeks.

Balanc visiting last weekend in Sept. Will make his college decision early Oct. Bunch high majors schools want him to prep in become 2019. Looks like he's staying in the class of 2018.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

theblueram wrote:Lot of three star recruits being mentioned. For this storied class. No top 100 and the discussion of best class ever ends.
For me, any such talk wouldn't begin for about 3 years and won't end (if it ever starts) until about 5 years from now.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
Great wroteup and completely understand where your coming from. Guess the last weekend of September is what slim is saying now. Hope he is right! I think he would be a nice addition to the program.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Slim wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:

Balanc visiting last weekend in Sept. Will make his college decision early Oct. Bunch high majors schools want him to prep in become 2019. Looks like he's staying in the class of 2018.
Does he have a favorite at this point? Is he taking any other official visits?
0 x
Slim
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Slim »

CT Rhody wrote:
Slim wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:

No favorites but he will be taking other visits. FL Gulf Coast was supposed to be his 1st official but got canceled due to weather. Will also visit UMASS. Balanc will make his decision in Oct. One AAC school is trying make a push to get visit.

Mezie Offurum who I think you guys were involved with at one point committed to GW this week.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Slim wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:
Slim wrote:

No favorites but he will be taking other visits. FL Gulf Coast was supposed to be his 1st official but got canceled due to weather. Will also visit UMASS. Balanc will make his decision in Oct. One AAC school is trying make a push to get visit.

Mezie Offurum who I think you guys were involved with at one point committed to GW this week.
Hey Slim, sounds like you're a DC area guy. Any idea what Jermaine Harris or Brendan Adams is thinking as far as URI goes?
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

They've been bringing in two at a time so maybe Balanc is coming in with Jermaine Harris
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ramster wrote:
I have not seen or read "best class ever" anywhere but by a few posters on this board.
I've seen it here and on twitter

We have no idea how these kids will develop when they play here. To say that the discussion ends because of a ranking is ridiculous.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Confirmed..

1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:I'll try to constantly update this first post for visits posted in individual recruit threads. Any visit posted in this thread will definitely be added. Whenever possible please link to a source.

PA SG Tyrese Martin official 9/8-11 Committed to URI 9/13
MD PG Brendan Adams 9/7-9
MD PG Amir Harris 9/15-17 Committed to URI 9/17
MD PF Jermaine Harris unofficial 6/26, official 9/22-24

NY PF Souleymane Koureissi unofficial 6/21
KY PG Anthony Nelson unofficial 6/22 Not in his top 5
MA SF Philmon Gebrewhit unofficial 6/22, URI Elite Camp 6/25
MA PF Chris Doherty unofficial before 6/23
NY G Omer Silverio unofficial 6/28

Ousmane Diop URI Elite Camp 6/25

MD G Matt Balanc rumored official (by Slim) last weekend of September There is no evidence this visit actually occurred
Hard not to be impressed by 4 total official visits leading to 5 commitments and a complete, as of now, class.

I know Tate technically took one, but it was after he verballed.
5 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I am very impressed.

I am also hopeful that everyone on the roster comes back better. And that the brass have a plan to keep the coaching right there on the sideline.

URI has sparked and it is time to fan the flame.

I went to 2 schools. One of them called me on my graduation day and asked for money. The other (URI) has never asked.

I will up my commitment from just season tickets to a donation very soon but they aren't helping to push me off that ledge.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Once you do, they will ask you often......
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

3 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Live look at the URI campus.....

4 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

0 x