'18 MD PG - Brendan Adams (UConn)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Re: '18 MD PG - Brendan Adams (Offer)

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

let's get these two signed!!!!
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Anybody know how the visit is going?
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

We more than likely would of heard already if he was willing to commit on his visit so looks like he'll be taking his other visits and making a decision after that. If he gets through his other visits before committing of course.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I think we are going to get Martin.

Not sure about Adams, though.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

rambone 78 wrote:I think we are going to get Martin.

Not sure about Adams, though.
Is this based on anything?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Well, Martin is down to 2, with no other visits scheduled.....educated guess he picks us soon.

Wish Adams would cancel his remaining visits.....then we look good...and Harris could come along with him.

Our top priority targets are still in play, but others who are right below them are committing......coming down to the wire.
1 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NorthernRamFan »

Would love to see Adams be the next shoe to drop. Kid is dynamic! Under the development of Hurley & Co. he could be a PRO!
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Bird‏ @TheBirdmanJrJr ·

the @RhodyMBB staff has plenty of targets but @BAuno0 tops the list. They see him as the best PG in the A10 for years
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I like this kids highlights a lot.

0 x
GO RAMS
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

So, even though we already have Martin and A. Harris as guard verbals, we're still going hard after Adams. I'm guessing that's an in-home visit today?
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NorthernRamFan »

Billyboy78 wrote:So, even though we already have Martin and A. Harris as guard verbals, we're still going hard after Adams. I'm guessing that's an in-home visit today?
Adams is uber special, just remember how good his brother her is
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

CT Rhody wrote:
That's a lot of traveling!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I think when they say George Mason in today, Thode Island in tomorrow and Wyomingnin on Wednesday could be in to Calvert Hall where he goes to school. The traveling is of course by the schools, not by Adams to the comment "that's a lot of traveling.".
This time of year many schools open their doors to colleges to watch their players. Often multiple schools will be in on the same day.
Could be in-home visits but this sounds to me to be visits to Calvert Hall to visit with Adams.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

As I read all these comments by JKim, this sounds like the coach or coaches are at the school to see the names mentioned, not in-home visits.
https://mobile.twitter.com/JKimElevate
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

ramster wrote:I think when they say George Mason in today, Thode Island in tomorrow and Wyomingnin on Wednesday could be in to Calvert Hall where he goes to school. The traveling is of course by the schools, not by Adams to the comment "that's a lot of traveling.".
This time of year many schools open their doors to colleges to watch their players. Often multiple schools will be in on the same day.
Could be in-home visits but this sounds to me to be visits to Calvert Hall to visit with Adams.
Ahh okay thanks Ramster
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Would not be surprised if the Ga Tech visit doesn't happen and he announces sooner.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote:Would not be surprised if the Ga Tech visit doesn't happen and he announces sooner.
Any idea which way he's leaning, Iggy?
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Based off no inside info, but if that happens I think he's ours.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Dre3000 wrote:Based off no inside info, but if that happens I think he's ours.
Although he did visit Wyoming this past weekend. We don't know how that went.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

If Iggy is calling an imminent commitment, I doubt it's based on his contacts at UGA.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Word is he's itching to pick a school and doesn't want to wait til Oct 13. URI, Wyoming and George Mason working him the hardest. Like URI's chances.
2 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

An example of the lack of respect that still exists from other programs. This from the Wyoming board.

carbonpoke wrote: ↑
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Holy moly, Brendan Adams is gonna visit on the day before Oregon game.

Kid can hoop. Would be a nice addition. To beat out teams like Georgia, Minnesota, Georgia Tech and St. Joes would be a good get.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I don't think people in Wyoming are the most "in the know." I didn't think they even had internet out there yet. Beautiful country, but kind of a world apart.
4 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Does Brendan like to ride horses?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote:An example of the lack of respect that still exists from other programs. This from the Wyoming board.

carbonpoke wrote: ↑
Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:20 pm
Holy moly, Brendan Adams is gonna visit on the day before Oregon game.

Kid can hoop. Would be a nice addition. To beat out teams like Georgia, Minnesota, Georgia Tech and St. Joes would be a good get.
Wouldn't shock me if that person either A. Thought Rhode Island was part of New York, or B. Doesn't know Rhode Island is a state.
1 x
Go Rhody
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

This would be a great get, a decision most of us on here have been waiting for!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Iggy1979 wrote:Word is he's itching to pick a school and doesn't want to wait til Oct 13. URI, Wyoming and George Mason working him the hardest. Like URI's chances.
Hope your info comes true, Iggy

My concern is that Georgia Tech represents the ACC, a P5 Conference and excellent academics plus Josh Pastner is a solid recruiter. I think the best choice for Adams is URI because the program is steadily, if not rapidly rising right now. Adams could be part of a very exciting train ride.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Just say no to the Wyoming Cowboys!!!
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramster wrote:
Iggy1979 wrote:Word is he's itching to pick a school and doesn't want to wait til Oct 13. URI, Wyoming and George Mason working him the hardest. Like URI's chances.
Hope your info comes true, Iggy

My concern is that Georgia Tech represents the ACC, a P5 Conference and excellent academics plus Josh Pastner is a solid recruiter. I think the best choice for Adams is URI because the program is steadily, if not rapidly rising right now. Adams could be part of a very exciting train ride.
How do we get Brendan in touch with Kuran?
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

This decision could possibly affect Brendan's decision.

Jeff Borzello‏Verified account
@jeffborzello
ESPN 100 guard Mike Devoe (No. 56) will announce his commitment on Saturday, he tells ESPN. Recently visited Georgia Tech and Wake Forest.

Jeff Goodman Retweeted Jeff Borzello
I am going with Pastner and the Yellow Jackets on this one. Would be big for Tech -- Top 100 kid.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice hope Devoe picks GT !!
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Devoe did in fact commit to Georgia Tech!

0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

I would think that all but seals the deal
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Interesting comments on recruiting process....

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... orgia-tech
Last edited by ramster 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

ramster wrote:Interesting comments recruiting...

What's so interesting about it? Did I miss something in tbe article?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

CT Rhody wrote:
ramster wrote:Interesting comments recruiting...

What's so interesting about it? Did I miss something in tbe article?
Georgia Tech had been recruiting Devoe since early in his Soph year - a long time
GT also had players contacting Devoe a lot
Josh Pastner traveled to Florida to visit Devoe during the Hurricane
Pastner missed his daughters Birthday to be with Devoe in Florida

All points to GT really wanting Devoe

Adams came into the GT picture later

So this appears a good positive for URI recruiting Adams. GT got their guy.

I'd love to see Adams in Keaney Blue, he would be a great signing.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

So realistically, Adams is down to URI, Georgia, and George Mason. He has visited all three already so wouldn't surprise me if a commitment is coming since his last scheduled visit is now more than likely off the table.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

CT Rhody wrote:So realistically, Adams is down to URI, Georgia, and George Mason. He has visited all three already so wouldn't surprise me if a commitment is coming since his last scheduled visit is now more than likely off the table.
I wouldn't rule GT out, just less likely as a result of this recent. Onmittmdnt. I'd not underestimate the power of ACC as the best conference in college basketball, that academic excellence of Georgia Tech and the power of Josh Pastner as a recruiter.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

ramster wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:So realistically, Adams is down to URI, Georgia, and George Mason. He has visited all three already so wouldn't surprise me if a commitment is coming since his last scheduled visit is now more than likely off the table.
I wouldn't rule GT out, just less likely as a result of this recent. Onmittmdnt. I'd not underestimate the power of ACC as the best conference in college basketball, that academic excellence of Georgia Tech and the power of Josh Pastner as a recruiter.
Do we know if they have another opening and need at the guard position? I was under the impression they have one remaining so they were slow rolling Adams while they pushed on Devoe?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Georgia Tech got Jose Alvarado from NYC as an incoming freshman this season. Alvarado was offered and recruited by URI too. He is a classic PG. Devoe is also a PG but could be considered a combo guard. Tadric Jackdon graduates this year. So there is still room for a player like Adams, it's now a bit less likely
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

After signing Devoe they should be focusing on wings and bigs.

Obviously Nassir Little is their top priority. It also seems like that have a good shot at landing Tass.

Brendan Adams will be way down their list of needs at this point and I hope we can take advantage of that.

Let's get him to commit!!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

This is a post from the GTECH message board..

"Great news as we land Mike Devoe today. Moved him to the committed list. I guess we didn't start the process too late to land a great player at that spot.

Given we're only planning to take 1 guard this cycle, I'm closing out the PG/CG list. I think all of our other significant targets of interest will land elsewhere this Fall and we've got pretty solid depth at the ball-handling guard spots. We can always revisit later, if necessary.

Removing Kyler Edwards (committed to Texas Tech), Immanuel Bates (committed to NC State), Keonte Kennedy (Top 6 didn't include GT, redundant w/Devoe), Landers Nolley (GT didn't make Final 4, thought I had already removed him), Emmanuel Dowuouna (committed to Purdue), Toppin/Wertz/Bryant (I think we're focused elsewhere).

Additionally, I think Jerricole Hellems is SEC bound & the lack of word on Dimon Carrigan recently makes me think he's not likely. Will leave them on the list for now, but view both as unlikely.

With what appears to be a 50/50 shot, seems like we have a decent chance with Matthias Tass if he makes a decision soon.

From this point, the real focus will be on the wing position.

Nassir Little remains top of the board, without a doubt our #1 overall priority, but there's serious competition from Miami, Arizona, & UNC. He's the clear standout priority for us & Miami, but interestingly, Arizona & UNC also have several other options they're hard after (Simi Shi ttu & Nate Laszewski primarily), so getting a break by them filling a spot would be nice.I'd note that Simi's OVs to Zona & UNC will both be after Nassir's visits are over.

After Little, I feel like THT & Keyontae are 2A & 2B for our wing slot.

Feels like we have a solid shot to at least advance with THT to the next round of cuts, but will remain difficult to get him out of the Midwest unless we get some breaks. We may actually have a crack at getting them. Michigan State seems full at the wing. Michigan just received a wing commitment & is in the final 2 with Illinois for post player, Colin Castleton. We need a lot of breaks our way with Illinois, as they've got a lot of room still and are the home state school. There are other really good Midwest schools in the mix there like Xavier, Ohio State, and others.

Good article link in the Keyontae Johnson thread this week, which certainly paints us in a good spot, compounded by the fact we've got an OV scheduled. Something to note from the article is the concept that new schools are entering Keyontae's recruitment as they check in at Oak Hill. Evidence of this is Florida offering him today, which I'm kind of surprised by, given Florida seems to be in the driver seat for Khavon Moore on the wing and have a lot of guard targets in the hopper.

If we get to the point that Khalid Moore comes in for his OV, I think we have a great chance of closing him. Kenny Anderson seems pretty confident. I think Moore would be a very solid pick-up, possibly underrated, possibly with some fringe benefits building our NYC pipeline.

All in all, we're probably halfway there and this class is shaping up to be pretty good before we switch gears to the highly talented 2019 class."
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Yeah, I think GT is out. What is Georgia's situation at guard? I would think that's our main competition now.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

You guys think he cancels his visit to GT on Oct 13?
I still think GT is in the running unless he cancels his visit.

George Mason (Unofficial Visit 8/18)
Georgia (Official Visit 8/24)
Rhode Island (Official Visit 9/7)
Wyoming (Official Visit Scheduled 9/15)
Georgia Tech (Official Visit Scheduled 10/13)
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:You guys think he cancels his visit to GT on Oct 13?
I still think GT is in the running unless he cancels his visit.

George Mason (Unofficial Visit 8/18)
Georgia (Official Visit 8/24)
Rhode Island (Official Visit 9/7)
Wyoming (Official Visit Scheduled 9/15)
Georgia Tech (Official Visit Scheduled 10/13)
It's been said that he wants to choose a school soon. If so, then yes, I think he cancels his GT visit. That visit would still be 3 weeks away. Just a guess.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Agree, he should cancel GT. But IF he does not cancel it that should be cause for concern. On some sites Devoe is listed as a SG, or referred to as a combo guard.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Getting Harris to commit could be a huge piece to get others to follow
0 x