'18 MD PG - Amir Harris (Nebraska --> GW)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: '18 MD PG - Amir Harris (Offer)

Unread post by reef »

Jason Kidd wasn't really a good shooter when he was young too
0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

When you are taller and more athletic than everyone you are competing against in high school, you drive the ball.
The shot comes later.
His form looks good in the videos - no hitch, squares up, good elevation. He looks like a great shooter on tape.
Just needs to put up 200 shots a day. I like this player a lot.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Didn't remember the 4 high schools in 4 years.....but I trust the staff knows what's up and it's not a negative going forward.

If he's not a good student I doubt Dan would want him at this point. Only high quality kids need apply.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

theblueram wrote:Not sure what to say. Tate, Martin and Harris don't even show up on espn database. Have these guys been locked in a closet?
ESPN is a joke...
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

steveystuds06 wrote:
theblueram wrote:Not sure what to say. Tate, Martin and Harris don't even show up on espn database. Have these guys been locked in a closet?
ESPN is a joke...
So what is the best site to look at when trying to size up recruits? I always used to use espn since anytime a recruit is announced as a top 100, it always says ESPN Top 100.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

247 is probably the best site nowadays.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Ok, so I looked at 247 and Tate and Martin are 3* and Harris is NR. Thanks TP.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

theblueram wrote:Ok, so I looked at 247 and Tate and Martin are 3* and Harris is NR. Thanks TP.

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Basket ... Highschool

As of September 14th Tyrese Martin has a rating of 90 and is ranked as the 149 player in 2018. A high 3 star player.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

steveystuds06 wrote:
theblueram wrote:Ok, so I looked at 247 and Tate and Martin are 3* and Harris is NR. Thanks TP.

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Basket ... Highschool

As of September 14th Tyrese Martin has a rating of 90 and is ranked as the 149 player in 2018. A high 3 star player.
I'm seeing 244, also says as of Sept. 14th.
http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Basket ... highschool
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

So does anyone else have a recruiting site that doesn't show the same player with two different rankings?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

It looks like he might have dropped about 100 spots after he committed to us.
http://247sports.com/Player/Tyrese-Martin-46042190
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

I'm gonna go with Steviestuds link, only reason is that Jermaine Harris is listed as 109 on the 2nd link that was posted after, which isn't right since JH is a top 80 recruit.

It is weird that 247 has two diff links
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

The one Studs posted says Composite Recruit Rankings. The one I posted just says Recruit Rankings. What's the difference?
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

149 is the composite rating where 244 is the rating by 247 sports. Composite being the aggregation of numerous sites.
2 x
RhodyKyle
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

TruePoint wrote:247 is probably the best site nowadays.
247 says Jermaine Harris is going to WVU so let's hope this is the time they lower themselves to ESPN's level....
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Haha. Yeah the CB feature is pretty cool but I think all the CBs for Harris to WVU happened when they offered in May. Of course, as an outsider, you'd think objectively that WVU would be the favorite. But outside experts often aren't privy to the personal dynamics at play. I'm not privy to the personal dynamics in Harris's case, either, but if URI ends up with him then it will be because of the relationship he establishes with Dan and Coach Cox and the rest of the staff, as well as the guys on the team and the other recruits in this class - it won't be because of our facilities or conference or the things that the recruiting reporters base their guesses on.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Bird on twitter seems to believe that URI would be fortunate if Harris commits tomorrow. Many here think they might try to slow roll him to wait out Adams, Williams, Doherty, Harris, etc but sounds like they aren't and would take a verbal from him tomorrow.
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

CT Rhody wrote:Bird on twitter seems to believe that URI would be fortunate if Harris commits tomorrow. Many here think they might try to slow roll him to wait out Adams, Williams, Doherty, Harris, etc but sounds like they aren't and would take a verbal from him tomorrow.
With this regime the guys they bring in during September they'll always take a commitment from. Harris is no different and I'm hearing Bird's prediction is right on. The interesting thing will be whether or not they wait to see what Brendan Adams does or if they bring in another guard.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Dre3000 wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:Bird on twitter seems to believe that URI would be fortunate if Harris commits tomorrow. Many here think they might try to slow roll him to wait out Adams, Williams, Doherty, Harris, etc but sounds like they aren't and would take a verbal from him tomorrow.
With this regime the guys they bring in during September they'll always take a commitment from. Harris is no different and I'm hearing Bird's prediction is right on. The interesting thing will be whether or not they wait to see what Brendan Adams does or if they bring in another guard.
What are you hearing their confidence level is Adams is?
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

CT Rhody wrote:
Dre3000 wrote:
Good but not as confident as another big time recruit 8-)
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Dre3000 wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:
Dre3000 wrote:
Good but not as confident as another big time recruit 8-)
Are they really feeling confident about Harris? I keep hearing conflicting reports on that.
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

They are as confident as they can be going against who they're going against. With that said could Kansas, Maryland, or WVU come in and woo him? Absolutely, but as of now I've heard similar things as the others that say he's leaning towards us.
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NorthernRamFan »

:D :D :D 8-)
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

NorthernRamFan wrote::D :D :D 8-)
Northern, how do you have this class shaping out like with what your hearing?
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

2 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

CT Rhody wrote:
We'll Amir just committed and I'm hearing reservations of holding 1 scholly is no more. They plan to fill all of them.
1 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Love it. Now we need the other Harris to commit
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

NorthernRamFan wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:
We'll Amir just committed and I'm hearing reservations of holding 1 scholly is no more. They plan to fill all of them.
Figured that much, have to figure Adams and Harris are the top two targets for those two openings.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

We've got a great record recently of getting a commitment once we get an official visit. Great job, Dan and staff!
2 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

If Dana Tate helped get Amir to commit, then get him back here on campus for the visit of Jermaine Harris.
2 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Got whiff of this commitment this morning, heard through my source that even the staff is getting excited with what is being built with this class. This kid has bigger impact than we all think
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

NorthernRamFan wrote:Got whiff of this commitment this morning, heard through my source that even the staff is getting excited with what is being built with this class. This kid has bigger impact than we all think
Bigger impact on the court or both on and off the court?
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Getting some big guards. I like that. Now let's get B. Adams too!...and the big guy J. harris too, of course.
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Billyboy78 wrote:Getting some big guards. I like that. Now let's get B. Adams too!...and the big guy J. harris too, of course.
That's the class I'm hoping for, actually I think we all are hoping for.
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

From the limited tape seems like a slightly more athletic Dowtin, with similar strengths and size...and we all saw how that turned out.

Go Rhody!
1 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

CT Rhody wrote:
NorthernRamFan wrote:Got whiff of this commitment this morning, heard through my source that even the staff is getting excited with what is being built with this class. This kid has bigger impact than we all think
On & off; this solidifies pipeline into philly/DMV area
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Billyboy78 wrote:We've got a great record recently of getting a commitment once we get an official visit. Great job, Dan and staff!
Since day one Hurley has had a really high batting average once we get a player on campus for an official. I'm not sure how it compares to other coaches/programs, but it seems impressive.
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I don't think he even made his official visit to Temple.
Last edited by RF1 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

NorthernRamFan wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:
What is the staff's thought on how he projects on the court since you seem to have inside knowledge? Major contributor by what year is their projection?
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Yet another to change from (Offer) to (URI Commit).

GOD I LOVE BEING A RAM THIS IS FUN NOW.
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Welcome, Amir! Exciting to hear how optimistic the staff is of how things are shaping up right now. Lock in Adams and Jermaine Harris and man things are going to be looking pretty, pretty good.
1 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Welcome Amir. Like this commit also. Thing all the guys we have been chasing are excellent prospects and any of the kids still mentioned would be great additions as well. Didn't someone mention that Amir is cousins with Jermaine also?
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

giovanni wrote:Welcome Amir. Like this commit also. Thing all the guys we have been chasing are excellent prospects and any of the kids still mentioned would be great additions as well. Didn't someone mention that Amir is cousins with Jermaine also?
No, Slim says they are not related.
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

CT Rhody wrote:
NorthernRamFan wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:
What is the staff's thought on how he projects on the court since you seem to have inside knowledge? Major contributor by what year is their projection?
Just was texting with an assistant from the Baltimore Catholic League and he mentioned that he was surprised we got Amir because he was bound to blow up. Really tore the league up last year in many ways. I think the hope is that these commits can do what all of our commits have been able to do, come in and help in varying ways to eventually have starring moments and then be stars of the A10. Amir will follow suit.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

NorthernRamFan wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:
Not sure I see the Philly connection. Maybe if he went to Neumann-Goretti instead of Goretti. Regardless, they continue to do well in DC/MD, and welcome, Amir!
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Let's say we get Adams as well. With all the PGs we have committted who knows if that will steer him away or not.

Can either he or Harris play the 2 as well?

We would then have Dowtin, Russell, Harris, and Adams as 1s, and only Martin and Thompson as 2s if I'm not mistaken? Obviously there's a ton to still happen, trust the staff, talent often wins out, etc etc, but I couldn't help but play the numbers game with Harris committing.
Last edited by Rhody15 6 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Go Rhody
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

NorthernRamFan wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:
NorthernRamFan wrote: On & off; this solidifies pipeline into philly/DMV area
Just was texting with an assistant from the Baltimore Catholic League and he mentioned that he was surprised we got Amir because he was bound to blow up. Really tore the league up last year in many ways. I think the hope is that these commits can do what all of our commits have been able to do, come in and help in varying ways to eventually have starring moments and then be stars of the A10. Amir will follow suit.
I hope everyone is noticing this pattern where Dan and Co swoop in early, identify these kids before they blow up in their senior years, and develop them into studs.

Jeff Dowtin and Cyril were barely heralded when we got them as recruits, as noted here. Same with Fatts.

Now you're adding in 6'5 and 6'6 into your back court. You have a 6'7 combo G/F as well. They will play on a team for 2 years with one of the biggest- playing 6'8 forwards I've seen.

If we get Jermaine Harris or Chris Doherty and Brendan Adams - we can just expand the North Lobby to fit 5 more A10 trophys in there over the next 5 years.

Plus - you lock in those 5 guys, add in the improvements that continue to happen to our facilities, and you see this program elevate? You can count on Dan Hurley leading this program for at least another 5 years.
6 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Blue Man wrote:
NorthernRamFan wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:
I hope everyone is noticing this pattern where Dan and Co swoop in early, identify these kids before they blow up in their senior years, and develop them into studs.

Jeff Dowtin and Cyril were barely heralded when we got them as recruits, as noted here. Same with Fatts.

Now you're adding in 6'5 and 6'6 into your back court. You have a 6'7 combo G/F as well. They will play on a team for 2 years with one of the biggest- playing 6'8 forwards I've seen.

If we get Jermaine Harris or Chris Doherty and Brendan Adams - we can just expand the North Lobby to fit 5 more A10 trophys in there over the next 5 years.

Plus - you lock in those 5 guys, add in the improvements that continue to happen to our facilities, and you see this program elevate? You can count on Dan Hurley leading this program for at least another 5 years.
Hell, Hurley could make the "CFL" title have good memories lol
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Welcome to Rhody!!!! Go Rams!!!!
0 x