'19 NY SF - Ismael Massoud (Offer)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
URIRecruitingInfo
Kenny Green

'19 NY SF - Ismael Massoud (Offer)

Postby URIRecruitingInfo » 10 months ago

Ismael Massoud - SF
School: MacDuffie (MA)
Travel/AAU: PSA Cardinals

Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 165

RANKINGS:
Rivals: 4 Stars, #77 in 2019
247 Sports: 4 Stars, 90 Grade, #116 in 2019, #15 SG
Future 150: 4 Stars, #72 in 2019
NERR: #5 in New England

OFFERS:
Rhode Island
Hofstra
Iona
Monmouth
St. Bonaventure
Stony Brook
Yale

INTEREST:
Notre Dame
Tennessee
Wake Forest

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/83774
http://www.scout.com/player/213220-ishmeal-massoud?s=75
http://247sports.com/Player/Ishmael-Massoud-45572966
https://future150.com/hs/basketball-pro ... nx-ny-2018
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/ismael-massoud
http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.c ... eplace-423
0 x

ace
Tyson Wheeler

Re: '19 NY SF - Ismael Massoud (Offer)

Postby ace » 8 months ago

0 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley

Postby Billyboy78 » 4 months ago

Looking ahead to '19, this could be a top target. Massoud is one of the top players in New England and he's only a junior. He's ranked 70ish in the country in the '19 class. Do we have any good connections with him? We have talked about Dana Tate being a leader type. Dana knows this kid pretty well. He is Dana's teammate at McDuffie! Elite shooter and passer at 6'7"-6"8".
0 x

NorthernRamFan
Lamar Odom

Postby NorthernRamFan » 4 months ago

Billyboy78 wrote:Looking ahead to '19, this could be a top target. Massoud is one of the top players in New England and he's only a junior. He's ranked 70ish in the country in the '19 class. Do we have any good connections with him? We have talked about Dana Tate being a leader type. Dana knows this kid pretty well. He is Dana's teammate at McDuffie! Elite shooter and passer at 6'7"-6"8".

Dan has been to Macduffie repeatedly not just for Dana but also for this cat. If this kid can buy into the role player spot for a season or two I could see him being an Akele type fit
0 x

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley

Postby Billyboy78 » 2 months ago

Saw him last night too. Impressive. 6'7"-6'-8" guard with very long arms. Sees the floor really well and can really pass. Good shooter too, even though his shot looks a little funny. This film is from 2 years ago. He's filled his body out a little, but already shows some of his skills here.
0 x

reef
Sly Williams

Postby reef » 2 months ago

Really nice highlights. I like the form on his jumper and he can handle and pass it

I hope we land him
0 x

ramster
Ernie Calverley

Postby ramster » 1 month ago

0 x

PlayMikeMotenMore
Jimmy Baron

Postby PlayMikeMotenMore » 1 month ago

Not much meat on that frame and doesn't have the kind of body that weight can be added to it easily. I'm trying to think of guys that skinny at that size who were pretty successful. It's a pretty short list.

Tayshaun Prince
Who else?
0 x

SGreenwell
Cuttino Mobley

Postby SGreenwell » 1 month ago

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:Not much meat on that frame and doesn't have the kind of body that weight can be added to it easily. I'm trying to think of guys that skinny at that size who were pretty successful. It's a pretty short list.

Tayshaun Prince
Who else?

Just running a quick search on NBA.com, Brandon Ingram is 6'9", 190; Patrick McCaw, 6'7", 185; Shaun Livingston, 6'7", 192; Terrence Ferguson, 6'7", 184. He obviously needs to add some weight, since he's listed at 6'7" and 165 according to that bio, but I don't think he's so skinny that it's impossible he's a good college player.
0 x

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley

Postby Billyboy78 » 1 month ago

He definitely is thin, but talented. He's ranked 70 something I believe in the '19 class.
0 x

rhodyblue12
Michael Andersen

Postby rhodyblue12 » 6 days ago

New video from this year. Good player. Point forward type.

0 x

Blue Man
Carlton Owens

Postby Blue Man » 6 days ago

rhodyblue12 wrote:New video from this year. Good player. Point forward type.

KI was considered a "point-forward" type. Those guys are matchup nightmares.

The more position-less basketball becomes, the more valuable guys like this and Tate become.
0 x
Rhode Island Born
Rhode Island Bred
this team will give me heart attacks
til I'm Rhode Island dead.

RAM67
ARD

Postby RAM67 » 6 days ago

Video states 6"8" , 205.
0 x

hrstrat57
Cuttino Mobley

Postby hrstrat57 » 6 days ago

We have any stats on shooting for this player? That stroke has a lot of moving parts....but it's been the same for at least 2 years that we see here. If the stats are good I probably wouldn't worry about it.

6'8" and quick is hard to teach.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry! **A10 Champs**

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley

Postby Billyboy78 » 6 days ago

I went to see MacDuffie play on Saturday. Neither Dana nor Bouknight were dressed. So, I figured Massoud would take this game over, since Massoud is the 2nd best player on the team, with Dana being 1 and Bouknight being 3. Strangely, Massoud didn't even start. St. Andrews went out to a quick 15 point lead. Massoud finally came into the game after about 10 minutes. Within 2 minutes, he had MacDuffie back in the game as he hit two straight threes and an alley oop one handed slam, a quick 8 points in about 2 minutes. Bu that was about it. The coach pulled him in the 2nd half and gave him a tongue lashing for taking what the coach thought was a bad three. Strange game for him. But he's very good, tall, long arms, good shooter and passer, good handle for his size. He could get stronger. He's only a junior. Watch him next year. It'll be his team with Dana gone. I think he'll be one of the top players in New England next year.
0 x

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley

Postby Billyboy78 » 6 days ago

hrstrat57 wrote:We have any stats on shooting for this player? That stroke has a lot of moving parts....but it's been the same for at least 2 years that we see here. If the stats are good I probably wouldn't worry about it.

6'8" and quick is hard to teach.

He does have a weird looking shot. I don't know any stats. I've seen him play 3 times, and his results were good, even from three, at least when I saw him play.
0 x

hrstrat57
Cuttino Mobley

Postby hrstrat57 » 6 days ago

Good job scouting Billyboy78

Always appreciated. Keep us posted on further Rhody scouting/ recruiting you see at his games.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry! **A10 Champs**

PlayMikeMotenMore
Jimmy Baron

Postby PlayMikeMotenMore » 5 days ago

RAM67 wrote:Video states 6"8" , 205.

205 lbs??? He went from 165 to 205 lbs? Look at his build, you be the judge. I know how big I was in high school and this kid is closer to the 165 side of things.

Maybe as a senior in college he can crack 200 lbs. (I'll put him on my diet.)
0 x

RAM67
ARD

Postby RAM67 » 5 days ago

He's 6"8" not 5"8".
0 x

RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams

Postby RhowdyRam02 » 2 days ago

1 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

hrstrat57
Cuttino Mobley

Postby hrstrat57 » 2 days ago

RhowdyRam02 wrote:https://twitter.com/BillKoch25/status/967159395254767617

This is all a dream right?

Gonzaga of the east? We could go way beyond that.

Rhody, beast of the East.

I likey!
1 x

RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams

Postby RhowdyRam02 » 1 day ago

What is it with these RI teams not being able to keep things together when they have recruits come in for a game? First PC has water all over their floor then we spill confetti all over ours
11 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

Ramrod
Michael Andersen

Postby Ramrod » 23 hours ago

There is no way he's only 165 lbs at 6'8. That's the weight that Fatts is listed at (soaking wet probably, but still). I think he's got a body very similar to Jayson Tatum, so I'd say he's much closer to 200.

All that aside, this guy looks AWESOME. I'm all over it if this guy is our number 1 target for 2019. Doesn't shy away from contact for his frame which is a great sign. Takes it to the rack, scores from all 3 levels. Patient, looks for others. Long.

Call me Ismael baby!
0 x

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley

Postby Billyboy78 » 23 hours ago

Ramrod wrote:There is no way he's only 165 lbs at 6'8. That's the weight that Fatts is listed at (soaking wet probably, but still). I think he's got a body very similar to Jayson Tatum, so I'd say he's much closer to 200.

All that aside, this guy looks AWESOME. I'm all over it if this guy is our number 1 target for 2019. Doesn't shy away from contact for his frame which is a great sign. Takes it to the rack, scores from all 3 levels. Patient, looks for others. Long.

Call me Ismael baby!

He is about 200. I saw him two weeks ago. PMMM just likes to disagree with everything.
0 x

Return to “Recruitment Corner”