'18 NC PF - Kris Monroe (PC)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

'18 NC PF - Kris Monroe (PC)

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

Kris Monroe - PF
School: St. David's (NC)
Travel/AAU: Team Wall Elite

Ht: 6'8"
Wt: 220

RANKINGS:
Rivals: 3 Stars
ESPN: 4 Stars, 83 Grade, #27 PF

OFFERS:
Rhode Island
BC
Charlotte
Middle Tennessee
NC State
Old Dominion
PC
UNC Greensboro

INTEREST:
Georgia Tech
Virginia Tech
Xavier

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/3085
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/bask ... ris-monroe
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/kris-monroe
http://247sports.com/Player/Kris-Monroe-89290
Last edited by URIRecruitingInfo 6 years ago, edited 6 times in total.
0 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Re: '18 NC PF - Kris Monroe

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

0 x
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

In his YouTube videos he reminds me a bit of Kris Jenkins.
Last edited by rhodyblue12 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

FYI...that's Ty Boswell in the tweet. This is what I was alluding to in the Juiston thread. He's been moved up, only coaches are allowed to recruit off campus.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

No surprise. Well, maybe to some........

Boswell hopefully will make a BIG difference in the staff's recruiting, with EE players and NE recruiting in general.
2 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Love it!
Logical move, to upgrade recruiting.
Who's the DBO going to be?
1 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Offered
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Re: '18 NC PF - Kris Monroe (Offer)

Unread post by thatRamBand »

0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Would be another great get...and these are guys we should have a realistic shot at......
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Power forward I like it
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Reach Schools, Realistic Schools and Safety Schools is the strategy for selecting a University...... same idea in recruiting. I have no problem going after a certain number of players who we would have a slim chance with. Know how many TOP 30 ESPN players Cooley is talking to and watching?
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ramster wrote:Know how many TOP 30 ESPN players Cooley is talking to and watching?
No, and, with all due respect, I don't care. I care about this staff getting the players they want and, if we're talking about others coaches, maybe Grant and Rhoades and Ford and McCall, if only for location. In the A10, you have to be at the top of the conference to be at all relevant nationally. In other conferences, being somewhere in the top half can get you that.
Last edited by ace 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
5 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

:?
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ace wrote:
ramster wrote:Know how many TOP 30 ESPN players Cooley is talking to and watching?
No, and, with all due respect, I don't care. I care about this staff getting the players they want and, if we're talking about others coaches, maybe Grant and Rhoades and Ford and McCall, if only for location. In the A10, you have to be at the top of the conference to be at all relevant nationally. In other conferences, being somewhere in the top half can get you that.
Sorry Ace, I mistakenly posted this on the wrong Recruiting thread, should have been on the Kofi Cockburn thread in response to comment that we should not be offering him and that the URI Coaching Staff is wasting their time offering him because URI couldn't even get a 4 star local RI Kid on hit final list - meaning Cole Swider. My point was that it's ok to have reach targets just as kids have reach schools. You may not think that you can get them but what does it hurt to try was my point. Plus Cockburn is a Class of 2019 player. It sometimes pays off to be among the early offers for players and to be recruiting them from early on. There are dozens of kids every year that go with lesser schools because of the relationships built with Coaches and Assistant Coaches over long periods of time.

But to me I am fine with whoever the Coaching staff wants to offer. I am sure that the HC and the Assistants know what they are doing in who and when they offer.

My point about Cooley and Staff are offering Top 30 ESPN Players so why shouldn't Hurley and staff?
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ramster wrote:
ace wrote:
My point about Cooley and Staff are offering Top 30 ESPN Players so why shouldn't Hurley and staff?
And my point is that continuous comparison (by anyone) to a program that is in a top 3 conference and is top 40 nationally in spending is not something I find to make that much sense, regardless of geography, rivalries, etc. Very few top 50 players go to schools outside the top 6 conferences. Sure, shoot your shot, but resources are finite.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We're still at a disadvantage to VCU and Dayton in our own conference, and likely St. Louis as well........we need at least a couple more dance invites to be at their level.....and a couple million more dollars a year give or take a few.

We're swimming upstream whereas PC has all the advantages over us besides just being in a better conference with way more TV money....and being a private school they can spend money on their program as they see fit....also no football program that's a black hole of a money pit.

Cooley can afford to throw money around like it's water when it comes to recruiting....I'll bet their recruiting budget is double ours, or more....

We have to make up for some of that deficiency with wise management of the resources we do have.....it can be done as long as we have the right people in place to get it done.
Last edited by rambone 78 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

ace wrote:
ramster wrote:
ace wrote:
And my point is that continuous comparison (by anyone) to a program that is in a top 3 conference and is top 40 nationally in spending is not something I find to make that much sense, regardless of geography, rivalries, etc. Very few top 50 players go to schools outside the top 6 conferences. Sure, shoot your shot, but resources are finite.
So much is discussed on this board in a vacuum. People don't choose their allegiances according to spending and budgets.

URI beat PC at the Ryan center for like 10-12 years straight and there was no talk about budget. Talent evaluation has become the best it has ever been and it still is a crapshoot. Its entirely reasonable for a program in any college sport to operate with 25% less than another program and always beat them.
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

PC's BB budget is double ours. But yes, we can still beat them.....someday. And close doesn't count.
2 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Sounds like PC, URI and BC at the top of his list.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rhodyblue12
ARD

Unread post by rhodyblue12 »

Junior year highlights. He can really shoot and seems like he is always under control.
There are a couple of clips where he shoots off a pick with a quick release.
Nice player.

0 x
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

Last edited by woodennickel1 6 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

nice 3* prospect for pc
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Realistically, we couldn't take him and Tate anyway, not if we still wanted Harris anyway. Tate is a top 100-150 type recruit, this kid wasn't, at least yet anyway.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

woodennickel1 wrote:http://teamloaded.org/2018-kris-monroe- ... t-classic/ Just committed to PC.
BTW, I love how so many PC fans post on this board and then claim that they don't care about URI lol.
2 x
woodennickel1
ARD

CT Rhody wrote:Realistically, we couldn't take him and Tate anyway, not if we still wanted Harris anyway. Tate is a top 100-150 type recruit, this kid wasn't, at least yet anyway.
Your kidding yourself if you don't think Hurley wanted this kid . Spent a good part of the day saturday watching him.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Damn Cooley getting it done we need to match
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Commitments are happening......we need to get going here.......we might be the leader for Tate and Harris, but until we close the deal on both, it means nothing.

Just because others committed in Sept. doesn't mean it has to take that long......
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

woodennickel1 wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:Realistically, we couldn't take him and Tate anyway, not if we still wanted Harris anyway. Tate is a top 100-150 type recruit, this kid wasn't, at least yet anyway.
Your kidding yourself if you don't think Hurley wanted this kid . Spent a good part of the day saturday watching him.
I'm willing to bet he was a backup plan if we don't land Tate so the focus is still on plan A. We need guards believe it or not, no chance we take more than two frontcourt types in this class.
0 x
woodennickel1
ARD

CT Rhody wrote:
woodennickel1 wrote:
I'm willing to bet he was a backup plan if we don't land Tate so the focus is still on plan A. We need guards believe it or not, no chance we take more than two frontcourt types in this class.
Hmm, Your head coach watching a backup plan for a good part if the day during a crucial recruiting period Interesting strategy I must say.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

If we got this kid we'd be jumping for joy. But since we didn't, we'll come up with any excuse in the book to justify missing him.
2 x
Go Rhody
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

woodennickel1 wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:
woodennickel1 wrote:
Hmm, Your head coach watching a backup plan for a good part if the day during a crucial recruiting period Interesting strategy I must say.
Wait, we aren't you "rivals" but now your consistently posting on our board and apparently stalking our coaches during the live periods? Interesting strategy Cotton.
1 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NorthernRamFan »

rambone 78 wrote:Commitments are happening......we need to get going here.......we might be the leader for Tate and Harris, but until we close the deal on both, it means nothing.

Just because others committed in Sept. doesn't mean it has to take that long......
This isn't like buying a house, these things take actual time. Don't be so impatient. Tough to see a recruit like this go to the "archenemy" but in actuality they could've rescinded the offer and no one outside of the kid and his people along with our staff would know or Cooley's magic won out again, either way I'm not concerned.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If Hurley was indeed watching him last Saturday, I doubt the offer was rescinded....but yes he probably was the backup plan to Harris.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: '18 NC PF - Kris Monroe (Providence Commit)

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

So we didn't get him, so lets beat him!
1 x
GO RAMS
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

I cant name 5 players on PC's roster.
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Seawrightspostgame wrote:I cant name 5 players on PC's roster.
Come on, you can do it, we don't hate the kids... just the school!
2 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Woodennickel, what happened to the PC Scout board?
It's no longer online.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
woodennickel1
ARD

rodfromcranston wrote:Woodennickel, what happened to the PC Scout board?
It's no longer online.
Rod, It's still online they just changed the platform. Not for the better in my opinion.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I just looked at their forum to get a laugh. Someone is comparing Cooley to Lombardi. So funny!
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

[*]
rambone 78 wrote:Commitments are happening......we need to get going here.......we might be the leader for Tate and Harris, but until we close the deal on both, it means nothing.

Back when those students committed it was "wow, can you believe we have a recruiting class wrapped up in September? That never happens!" Now, a couple years later, even though the game hasn't changed we're upset because it's early August and we don't have a commitment?

I for one want to know why we don't have our 2025 class locked up! Friggen Dan Hurley being just another lazy state worker not doing his job!
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

What matters is who commits, not when they commit.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I know Steve Lombardi...Steve Lombardi is a friend of mine...Ed Cooley is no Steve Lombardi.....
4 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

RhowdyRam02 wrote:[*]

Back when those students committed it was "wow, can you believe we have a recruiting class wrapped up in September? That never happens!" Now, a couple years later, even though the game hasn't changed we're upset because it's early August and we don't have a commitment?

I for one want to know why we don't have our 2025 class locked up! Friggen Dan Hurley being just another lazy state worker not doing his job!
Love this!

The damn heart didn't do it for me! Lol
0 x