'18 MD PF Jermaine Harris (URI Signed LOI)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Re: '18 MD PF Jermaine Harris (Offer)

Unread post by CT Rhody »

I'm surprised we don't chase more top 100 guys like this.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

CT Rhody wrote:I'm surprised we don't chase more top 100 guys like this.
It takes two to tango
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Iggy1979 wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:I'm surprised we don't chase more top 100 guys like this.
It takes two to tango
Agreed. Surprised more top 100 prospects don't want to tango with us!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

They tango for a while, then go on to dance with the prettier girl.
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

I trust this staff's evaluation
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Iggy1979 wrote:I trust this staff's evaluation
Same here, 100%
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NorthernRamFan »

Billyboy78 wrote:They tango for a while, then go on to dance with the prettier girl.
Heard this morning from a friend with DCP that Harris isn't just dancing with us but we're the one for him... this will be massive if true!!!
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

NorthernRamFan wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:They tango for a while, then go on to dance with the prettier girl.
Heard this morning from a friend with DCP that Harris isn't just dancing with us but we're the one for him... this will be massive if true!!!
Let's hope the fat lady sings soon
0 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

If we get Harris and Tate........it's real tempting to jump the gun......
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

NorthernRamFan wrote:
This is what I like to hear! This would be a GREAT add, and help keep the program rising.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

DCP?....Department of Consumer Protection? Or the Digital Cinema Package?
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

Billyboy78 wrote:DCP?....Department of Consumer Protection? Or the Digital Cinema Package?
DC Premier AAU program
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

NorthernRamFan wrote:
Wow this would be HUGGGGGE! He would immediately slot in right next to Cyril. I heard he had two officials already in the works and we weren't even one of them? Any insight on that?
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

CT Rhody wrote:
NorthernRamFan wrote:
Wow this would be HUGGGGGE! He would immediately slot in right next to Cyril. I heard he had two officials already in the works and we weren't even one of them? Any insight on that?
No further insight, but my connection to DCP is as solid as concrete. Just a waiting game now. Seems to be he's going to do his visits to keep his word to those schools and that we're the one for him.
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

NorthernRamFan wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:
NorthernRamFan wrote:
No further insight, but my connection to DCP is as solid as concrete. Just a waiting game now. Seems to be he's going to do his visits to keep his word to those schools and that we're the one for him.
Wow that's great news. Unfortunately 18 year olds can change their minds often so hopefully this continues to play out this way. Glad to see that we are also getting an official visit!
1 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

From what I could gather in the conversation I had he isn't making this decision on his own and the family loves our staff, the development players have had and the fact that we have a great academic institution not just a "basketball factory"
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

NorthernRamFan wrote:From what I could gather in the conversation I had he isn't making this decision on his own and the family loves our staff, the development players have had and the fact that we have a great academic institution not just a "basketball factory"
Interesting insight NorthernRamFan. That's great to hear.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Only one thing: If it's true we're the one, why would the other schools "waste" a visit?

Doesn't quite add up from their point of view.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Big big get if we can land him. And yes, URI academics is pretty solid. This 18 class is SO important right now.
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

rambone 78 wrote:Only one thing: If it's true we're the one, why would the other schools "waste" a visit?

It makes sense to me:

1. Top 100 bigs don't grow on trees so you take your chance.

2. Every coach feels like once they get a kid on campus anything can happen.
Last edited by Dre3000 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Dre3000 wrote:
rambone 78 wrote:Only one thing: If it's true we're the one, why would the other schools "waste" a visit?

It makes sense to me:

1. Top 100 bigs don't grow on trees so you take your shot.

2. Every coach feels like once they get a kid on campus anything can happen.
This is so true on both points. That's why we shouldn't feel even close to good about it until he commits and visits are done.
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I would love to echo the words welcome to Rhode Island Jermaine Harris
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

lets hope he makes it out unscathed.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Harris retweeted the video Fatts posted of video of himself at summer practices. Have to think that's a good sign!
1 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

he also retweeted an offer for Earl Timberlake for 2020 that we sent recently, not looking too much into it but that's two tweets/retweets around Rhody in the past few days

1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

No profile yet for Harris?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

CT Rhody wrote:Harris retweeted the video Fatts posted of video of himself at summer practices. Have to think that's a good sign!
Yeah, he just started following Fatts on twitter. Maybe Fatts is doing a little recruiting!
3 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Fatts is the uri version of Isiah Thomas.
0 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Follow and show him some love.
https://twitter.com/_jharris1
1 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Why aren't people tweeting at this kid? Why has this gone quiet? What happened to showing kids the mad and crazed fan base that's on here
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Do you know what his official visit schedule looks like and when he wants to decide by?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

NorthernRamFan wrote:Why aren't people tweeting at this kid? Why has this gone quiet? What happened to showing kids the mad and crazed fan base that's on here
We let him know when he tweeted his final 8.
0 x
GO RAMS
rhodywins
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by rhodywins »

His official visit is scheduled for the first week of classes and it is his first official scheduled anywhere. He will not be the only one we are following that will be here that week.
2 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

rhodywins wrote:His official visit is scheduled for the first week of classes and it is his first official scheduled anywhere. He will not be the only one we are following that will be here that week.
Great info, do you know who else is here that weekend? That's great to hear that we get the first official! Hopefully Dan and co can close that weekend. He would be a potentially program altering recruit to say the least.
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

CT Rhody wrote:
rhodywins wrote:His official visit is scheduled for the first week of classes and it is his first official scheduled anywhere. He will not be the only one we are following that will be here that week.
Great info, do you know who else is here that weekend? That's great to hear that we get the first official! Hopefully Dan and co can close that weekend. He would be a potentially program altering recruit to say the least.
Tyrese Martin
1 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Rhodymob05 wrote:
NorthernRamFan wrote:Why aren't people tweeting at this kid? Why has this gone quiet? What happened to showing kids the mad and crazed fan base that's on here
We let him know when he tweeted his final 8.
You think MSU or UConn fans hell for that matter VCU fans give rest on recruits who they want in their jerseys??? Come on!!!!
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

Let's give this kid a reason to understand the craziness of the Ryan Center on game day here on the board, but more importantly in IG and Twitter!!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I've always thought that it is frowned upon to tweet recruits, by both the NCAA and our coaching staff.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Maybe it is 78, but everyone does it......
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

IIRC, maybe 3 or 4 years ago, someone (RR12345?) was tweeting a recruit and our staff contacted him and told him to knock it off.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote:IIRC, maybe 3 or 4 years ago, someone (RR12345?) was tweeting a recruit and our staff contacted him and told him to knock it off.
I recall the same 78, told not to do it.

The question NRF and Rambone is - at this time, does the URI Coaching staff want fans tweeting recruits? Not tweeting recruits? Or don't care either way? For me it does not matter since I never have and never will, but it does matter for hundreds of fans out there. Another issue could be that with 35 or more offers out there, how do we know what the staff has ommunicated to each of them? Could tweets be misinterpreted?

But regardless, bottom line is we should follow the direction of the NCAA and the URI Staff. Good question to ask the staff.
0 x
NorthernRamFan
Jimmy Baron

ramster wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:IIRC, maybe 3 or 4 years ago, someone (RR12345?) was tweeting a recruit and our staff contacted him and told him to knock it off.

The question NRF and Rambone is - at this time, does the URI Coaching staff want fans tweeting recruits? Not tweeting recruits? Or don't care either way? For me it does not matter since I never have and never will, but it does matter for hundreds of fans out there. Another issue could be that with 35 or more offers out there, how do we know what the staff has ommunicated to each of them? Could tweets be misinterpreted?

But regardless, bottom line is we should follow the direction of the NCAA and the URI Staff. Good question to ask the staff.
There's ways to tweet that are kosher, don't necessarily think the school needs to be mentioned if your profile says something that makes the connection... other schools do it, why can't our fans?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NorthernRamFan wrote:
ramster wrote:

There's ways to tweet that are kosher, don't necessarily think the school needs to be mentioned if your profile says something that makes the connection... other schools do it, why can't our fans?
I suppose they can if they want to, but knowing it was said in the past by our staff "to knock it off" that this in itself would warrant an approval of sorts from the Coaching Staff imho. Would you agree?
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

If you tweet at a player, like @playersnamehere, that's considered contact by the NCAA. If you're an alum or a season ticket holder than you're considered an agent of the school.
I think you could say "Player A would look good in Keaney Blue." That's just a statement, and without the @ it's not contact.
3 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Iggy1979 wrote:It sounds like it's more like a top 5 and 3 others:
Kansas
West Virginia
Maryland
Rhode Island
Xavier
Still sounds this way to me.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote:
Iggy1979 wrote:It sounds like it's more like a top 5 and 3 others:
Kansas
West Virginia
Maryland
Rhode Island
Xavier
Still sounds this way to me.
That's obviously some very tough competition. Hopefully his long relationship with Cox and his newer relationship with Dan is enough for him to consider us. As someone said, fingers crossed.
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Apparently wants to take all five official visits. Hopefully that ends after his visit here.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

This would be huge if we can get Harris over these great hoop schools
0 x