'18 MD PF Jermaine Harris (URI Signed LOI)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Re: '18 MD PF Jermaine Harris (URI Signed LOI)

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

That's awesome Ramulous, I love it. I hope they both enjoyed the conversation but left it with Jermaine telling Kenny he is going to be a little lower in the record books soon.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great that Kenny Green could be in the house

Jermaine must have loved that beat down we put on Dayton !!
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

We've got to get many of our former players to come back to campus so that the new kids meet the guys who came before them and know who they were and who they are....

...there is a bond to be maintained and nurtured between past players and future players....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Ramulous wrote:We've got to get many of our former players to come back to campus so that the new kids meet the guys who came before them and know who they were and who they are....

...there is a bond to be maintained and nurtured between past players and future players....
It's always great to see guys like Sly and Tyson when they come back. They both live in CT, so they're fairly close. A lot of the guys don't live in the area anymore.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Not sure if this clip has been shared yet-

0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Last edited by ace 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ace wrote:
Is Coach Cox on Hunter Dickinson yet? Looks like Jermaine is doing quite well.
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Billyboy78 wrote:
ace wrote:
Is Coach Cox on Hunter Dickinson yet? Looks like Jermaine is doing quite well.
Hunter is up to 7'1 now. He was 13-16 against Jermaine's team for 31 points. He stepped out and hit 2 3's. Probably a top 10-15 kid in the country for the 2020 class.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Get on him 7'1 with skills we never had that here
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

No shot in hell with Hunter. He’s a 2 year college player, MAX. He will end up at a BIG time school.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

DC_Rams wrote:No shot in hell with Hunter. He’s a 2 year college player, MAX. He will end up at a BIG time school.
We got Harris this year. Our level of recruit is only going to get higher.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Last 3 games:
vs Tacoma 21 points, 20 rebounds and 5-5 FTs in 61-54 win
vs Dematha 23 points 2-2 FTs in 64-58 loss
vs Riverdale Baptist in 66-47 Tournament Win now in Championship Game today

https://www.washingtonpost.com/allmetsp ... f6d3125d25
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rock Creek beat Riverdale Baptist 66-47 in the Semi Finals now to the Championship Game today

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Great Saturday for Rhody hoops

Expect this visitor tomorrow

With 3:51 remaining and the result all but certain, Eagles Coach Christian Cole removed Harris. The Rhode Island commitment hugged Cole and plopped himself down on the bench, burying his face in his jersey.
“It’s been a great four years,” Harris said, peering at Cole. “We have history together. It’s kind of emotional.”
Twenty seconds after taking out Harris, Cole pulled DeMarco Baccum. He did the same for Deandre Anderson, Preston and Frank Evans, letting each senior soak up the applause one last time.
Harris offered high-fives for each of his teammates, then returned to guarding his face, eventually covering it with a sweatshirt. He admitted later he was hiding tears.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/h ... 1c04cf5509
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Jermaine was at the game on Sunday.
1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Jermaine was at the game with the Dowtin family...I ran into them in the concourse area...Jeff's dad and Jermaine......we chatted a bit about Jermaine's visit to Rhody the night Kenny Green was in attendance.....I introduced Jermain to Kenny that night and spoke of the chain of Rhody players containing each player as a link in the chain over time.....how Jeff is now a link in the chain.....and how Jermaine would become a link in the chain....Jeff's dad liked the analogy.....I let him know how much we love Jeff.....
7 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Any chance if we beat Okie that we can suit up Jermaine to match up with Bagley??
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Jeff Dowtin’s family are great peoples. Have sat next to his father and grandfather at multiple games. Easy to see why the kid is our most important player, a great student and a budding star in the A10.
3 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

That’s what I like about Hurley. His recruits are not only talented but have great character.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Jermaine was awarded All-Met Player of the Year.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Congrats Jermaine!!
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

All-Met is no joke. Player of the year is outstanding. Good for him.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Not surprising at all. Firmly believe that he'll be here if Cox is the new HC. Not that it's the sole reason to keep Cox, but it's definitely part of the package. Continuity.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote:
As far as I know, Tom Moore is still under contract to URI. I'm sure he can...
0 x
RamIt!
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RamIt! »

FYI... I do not believe Harris ever signed an NLI. There's never mention of it anywhere and he's still listed as a verbal commit on many sites, unlike Adams, Tate and Martin who are listed as signing a NLI.... many top recruits are discouraged from signing NLI's.
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

RamIt! wrote:FYI... I do not believe Harris ever signed an NLI. There's never mention of it anywhere and he's still listed as a verbal commit on many sites, unlike Adams, Tate and Martin who are listed as signing a NLI.... many top recruits are discouraged from signing NLI's.
Could have sworn I heard coaches talking about him publicly (I may be wrong though). This can only happen once he has signed.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

It's nice that Tate and Martin have come out and said they're all in.

But we haven't heard from Adams yet...and the biggest one of all Harris is a wait and see.

I don't like the sounds of that...at all.

I know they are probably waiting on Cox to be named coach. If not, I think Harris will bail.

Hurley hasn't talked to Harris yet....but hopefully Cox has.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Worrying about Harris absolutely.

BUT I am not so sure Tate and Martin aren't better. This class Harris comes in with the height and accolades. But out of the 4 you can't actually tell who will have the best career. IF it only ends up Tate/Martin that will suck. But they are both awesome players to add.
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

It was reported that Cox talked to every player and recruit, so I assume he has.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Seawrightspostgame wrote:Worrying about Harris absolutely.

BUT I am not so sure Tate and Martin aren't better. This class Harris comes in with the height and accolades. But out of the 4 you can't actually tell who will have the best career. IF it only ends up Tate/Martin that will suck. But they are both awesome players to add.
Maybe you can't tell who will be the best, but no matter what Harris will be immense. Potential player of the year in the A10. This is a perfect place for him, too. Will start Day 1 on a potential tournament team, sophomore year will be a focal point on a potential second weekend team. Gets to play with a couple of great distributors in Dowtin and Fatts and next to a guy in Cyril who does all the dirty work. Then after that it's his team along with his classmates, who have a chance to pass this recently graduated class as the winningest in school history. Sets up great for him.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Still, the tweet about Harris is concerning, especially since Cox has already contacted him I guess.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

He is immensely talented for sure!
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rambone 78 wrote:Still, the tweet about Harris is concerning, especially since Cox has already contacted him I guess.
The tweet is from a TV reporter. Anyone who knows recruiting is aware that Dan can’t talk to any recruit that has signed a NLOI with another school which includes URI at this point because he resigned.

Tom Moore also resigned and is gone.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I can see Harris wanting to know Cox is the next head coach before saying anything.
3 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

RamIt! wrote:FYI... I do not believe Harris ever signed an NLI. There's never mention of it anywhere and he's still listed as a verbal commit on many sites, unlike Adams, Tate and Martin who are listed as signing a NLI.... many top recruits are discouraged from signing NLI's.
All 4 signed.
1 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

URIRecruitingInfo wrote:
All 4 signed.
Correct. Harris was mentioned by name when they announced the recruiting class back in October/November. They could not have done that if they didn't have a signed LOI
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

ATPTourFan wrote:I can see Harris wanting to know Cox is the next head coach before saying anything.
That's why Coach Cole said that to Yianni Kourakis, so everyone wasn't bothering JH and just seeing what happens in the next week or two. Cox already talked to him and he knows whats happening as far the waiting process and what URI has to do. JH, the other recruits, current players, etc will be the first to know once a decision is made, and hopefully that is that Cox is being named HC
2 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Jermaine Harris said he choose us because we were on him from day one. David Cox recruited him long before the high majors started calling. Harris and Cox clearly built a special bond and that was a big reason why he committed to us. It sounded like the main reason. So him waiting this out makes plenty of sense.

If Cox is named the Head Coach and it's reported that Harris is still on the fence then I start to worry. Looks pretty simple to me. Cox stays Harris stays. Cox leaves Harris leaves.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

steveystuds06 wrote:Jermaine Harris said he choose us because we were on him from day one. David Cox recruited him long before the high majors started calling. Harris and Cox clearly built a special bond and that was a big reason why he committed to us. It sounded like the main reason. So him waiting this out makes plenty of sense.

If Cox is named the Head Coach and it's reported that Harris is still on the fence then I start to worry. Looks pretty simple to me. Cox stays Harris stays. Cox leaves Harris leaves.
I like Cox and I think he'll make a good head coach. But keeping Harris should not be the main reason for hiring him, but rather an added benefit. I trust Thorr will give us a great hire, Cox or otherwise and that if he hires Cox it will be because Cox is the best man for long term success of the basketball program.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

steviep123 wrote:
steveystuds06 wrote:Jermaine Harris said he choose us because we were on him from day one. David Cox recruited him long before the high majors started calling. Harris and Cox clearly built a special bond and that was a big reason why he committed to us. It sounded like the main reason. So him waiting this out makes plenty of sense.

I like Cox and I think he'll make a good head coach. But keeping Harris should not be the main reason for hiring him, but rather an added benefit. I trust Thorr will give us a great hire, Cox or otherwise and that if he hires Cox it will be because Cox is the best man for long term success of the basketball program.
This x1000. Hire Cox if he's the best guy...not just to keep Harris. Along that line...I "get" that Harris and Cox have a relationship, but...if he's that exceptional of a player, won't he step in and play - a LOT - regardless of who the coach is? I mean, I guess I could see if he was 'just another player' being concerned about PT and style of play? But, not sure why, in this case, he wouldn't still come here, even if Cox wasn't named. <This is why I don't get into these recruiting threads too much...too complicated for me...plus, too much talk about guys you never end up seeing :lol: :lol: >
1 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

I think Harris probably fell in love with the relationship. Martin and Tate fell in love with the school and the program.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

Can’t hurt that Mack is looking at Louisville job now - Cox recruited these guys when they all knew DH was 75% likely to be gone in the next few years. He recruited to the program.
0 x