'18 MD PF Jermaine Harris (URI Signed LOI)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: '18 MD PF Jermaine Harris (Offer)

Unread post by ramster »

At this point the heavy favorite is that Locke goes to Florida, outside shot is Michigan. Any other school selection would be a big surprise.

http://d1vision.com/noah-locke-commit-tuesday/
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am feeling very good we will get our man
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

ramster wrote:At this point the heavy favorite is that Locke goes to Florida, outside shot is Michigan. Any other school selection would be a big surprise.

The heavy favorite for JH is XU, so what does that say about our chances lol
0 x
bacarlson21
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by bacarlson21 »

According to Adam Zagoria via twitter: Jermaine Harris will announce Friday at 3pm between South Carolina, Xavier and Rhode Island, according to Harris's coach.

We'll see how many "expert" picks flip to South Carolina now that they have been included.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

DC_Rams wrote:
ramster wrote:At this point the heavy favorite is that Locke goes to Florida, outside shot is Michigan. Any other school selection would be a big surprise.

I am not near as optimistic about us landing Harris as most here are. It is very, very difficult to land ESPN Top 100 Players, especially Big men. I hope I am very pleasantly surprised on Friday afternoon, but my expectations that he puts on the URI Hat are quite low to be honest. Hurley and Cox are fantastic recruiters but this achievement would border on outright miracle I think.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Yea I'm looking to plan B at this point. Call me crazy.
0 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

If Ramster, one of our most positive posters here, doesn't feel good about this, that's a bad sign.
0 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

Jermaine Harris, forward, Rock Creek Christian

Since announcing his final eight schools in July, Harris has not publicly cut any other programs out of his recruitment.

But the 6-foot-8 forward has indicated some top options with where he has taken official visits. Harris visited West Virginia in mid-September, Rhode Island a bit later in the month and Xavier this past weekend. Harris originally scheduled official visits to Kansas and Miami in the coming weeks, but he will now make his decision before seeing those schools. Along with West Virginia, Rhode Island and Xavier, a person with knowledge of Harris’ recruitment said that South Carolina is also in the running.

The final eight Harris announced in July was Kansas, Maryland, Xavier, Miami, West Virginia, South Carolina, Rhode Island and Southern Utah. He is the area’s best 2018 big man and has the ability to score from the perimeter and inside the paint.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/rec ... 03d5d88ea1
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

We've lost big men recruiting battles to both Xavier and South Carolina in the past year or so.

These recruiting battles aren't easy. I don't anticipate coming out on top here.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

WVU was seen as the leader, then Maryland, now Xavier. URI has been there the whole time
2 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

ramster wrote:
DC_Rams wrote:

I am not near as optimistic about us landing Harris as most here are. It is very, very difficult to land ESPN Top 100 Players, especially Big men. I hope I am very pleasantly surprised on Friday afternoon, but my expectations that he puts on the URI Hat are quite low to be honest. Hurley and Cox are fantastic recruiters but this achievement would border on outright miracle I think.
ummm, we have 3 on the current roster and had 4 on last year's roster.

EC, Terrell, KI, Stan

yeah its difficult, might as well say water is wet. but we are not strangers to getting top 100 guys.
2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Billyboy78 wrote:If Ramster, one of our most positive posters here, doesn't feel good about this, that's a bad sign.
I'm actually closer to where ramster is at and have been the entire time, because the reality is that it's an uphill battle for URI when we are recruiting against more established programs for guys they really want. But that has been the case the whole time. I don't feel any worse about our odds now than I have, and actually I feel a lot better now that it is just down to URI and Xavier than I did before when it was URI and a handful of other good basketball programs just because of the math. I'm not sure what has happened to cause some posters who've expressed optimism throughout to start to feel differently. If you want to have a realism-based skepticism, I think that is fine. But don't get all dejected because some guys on 247 made predictions presumably on the names of the schools alone and without any inside knowledge. If you ever thought we had a shot, I don't get why that would have changed.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

lol okay, now its getting crazy. South Carolina is in and out just like that?
0 x
GO RAMS
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Sounds to me like no one knows after all. He may be actually keep his cards close to his chest.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

South Carolina has the tinge of the FBI investigation around them. Don't be so easily defeated. They aren't jumping in late on anyone right now.

Xavier has 1 schollie left? As has been pointed out earlier it was URI and WVU. Now WVU once thought to be the leader is out and you think it's Xavier??

He also made the announcement to commit before the Xavier visit.
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

7/6/2016 URI - Offer
5/2/2017 Xavier - Offer
6/26/2017 URI - Unofficial Visit
8/3/2017 Xavier - Unofficial Visit
9/22/2017 URI - Official Visit
9/29/2017 Xavier - Official Visit
10/6/2017 Announcement
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Again, hopefully the relationship we’ve built stands for something.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

One of you twitter savvy folk, check his follow history. Any XU or URI coaches/players?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:
ramster wrote:
DC_Rams wrote:
ummm, we have 3 on the current roster and had 4 on last year's roster.

EC, Terrell, KI, Stan

yeah its difficult, might as well say water is wet. but we are not strangers to getting top 100 guys.
Fully aware we have 4 players that were 4 stars and 2 transferred in and only 1 was a big man, Iverson. One 4 star big man this century. Will I be ecstatic if we land Harris? Yes. Will I be surprised if we don"t land Harris? Not at all. Will I continue to have faith in Hurley, Cox and the rest of the Staff? Absolutely.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

DC_Rams wrote:One of you twitter savvy folk, check his follow history. Any XU or URI coaches/players?
If the follwers/following is in order of most recent additions, then no. I don't see any URI related accounts, but there are multiple Xavier accounts including Chris Mack, who follow him.
0 x
GO RAMS
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

DC_Rams wrote:One of you twitter savvy folk, check his follow history. Any XU or URI coaches/players?
No follows on X players. Mack followed him yesterday. He followed Fatts a few weeks ago and Fatts followed him. On the other hand, he followed a few WVU players and students during his visit there, so,............doesn't seem to mean much.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Another DC kid, Saddiq Bey, is high on XU as well. With only one scholly left, XU may opt to spurn JH in favor or Saddiq, who is a STUD - Should be a blue chip imo. I’m actually growing more and more optimistic as I dig deeper into the XU recruitment tree.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Billyboy78 wrote:
No follows on X players. Mack followed him yesterday. He followed Fatts a few weeks ago and Fatts followed him. On the other hand, he followed a few WVU players and students during his visit there, so,............doesn't seem to mean much.
Any of our staff follow him? Did he follow Mack back? This sounds so trivial and juvenile :lol: but I’m grasping for straws here.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

But he follows tons of girls....he is a teenager, after all.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

DC_Rams wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:
Any of our staff follow him? Did he follow Mack back? This sounds so trivial and juvenile :lol: but I’m grasping for straws here.
He has not followed back to Mack. Dan seems to follow players after they commit, and Cox does have an account but isn't very active. Neither of them have followed Jermaine, yet......
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

DC_Rams wrote:Another DC kid, Saddiq Bey, is high on XU as well. With only one scholly left, XU may opt to spurn JH in favor or Saddiq, who is a STUD - Should be a blue chip imo. I’m actually growing more and more optimistic as I dig deeper into the XU recruitment tree.
I think Miami was once considered the leader on Bey, but I'm guessing that might have changed.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Billyboy78 wrote:
DC_Rams wrote:Another DC kid, Saddiq Bey, is high on XU as well. With only one scholly left, XU may opt to spurn JH in favor or Saddiq, who is a STUD - Should be a blue chip imo. I’m actually growing more and more optimistic as I dig deeper into the XU recruitment tree.
I think Miami was once considered the leader on Bey, but I'm guessing that might have changed.
I’m sure Top guys are staying far away from Miami.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote:
Bey is visiting NC State starting on Thursday. Xavier is supposedly in the mix. Is their #1 priority Bey or Harris. Both are 4* players with Harris being a PF and Bey being a SF. I would think it's Harris. Xavier needs bigs.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Seeing the word "miracle" thrown around when Hurley has already recruited or grabbed 4 top 100 guys, and are coming off of an NCAA 2nd round appearance, is wild to say the least.

We've been in the mix the entire time. Are really the only constant "finalist" over the past few weeks, but we're just changing WV to MD to X to SC back to X,yet the other name is Rhody every time.

To anyone who continually doubts Dan and his staff as a coach or recruiter -

What the hell is it going to take for you people to buy in on Hurley? I swear I read - "i'll never doubt Dan again if.." and then we go and achieve said "if" and the goalposts get moved.

Guy brought our program from dead and national irrelevance, to conference title, NCAA win, numerous major recruiting wins - and it's never enough.

Everyone remembers where we were and where we are, right?

Seriously everyone who's doubting Dan/staff - ask yourself if you'll be finally satisfied if we get Harris - or are you just going to move the goalposts again to say "well yeah we got him, but we're still not doing x, y, z, etc."

Christ this board is hard to read.
8 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Blue Man wrote:Seeing the word "miracle" thrown around when Hurley has already recruited or grabbed 4 top 100 guys, and are coming off of an NCAA 2nd round appearance, is wild to say the least.

What the hell is it going to take for you people to buy in on Hurley? I swear I read - "i'll never doubt Dan again if.." and then we go and achieve said "if" and the goalposts get moved.

Guy brought our program from dead and national irrelevance, to conference title, NCAA win, numerous major recruiting wins - and it's never enough.

Seriously everyone who's doubting Dan/staff - ask yourself if you'll be finally satisfied if we get Harris - or are you just going to move the goalposts again to say "well yeah we got him, but we're still not doing x, y, z, etc."

This post seems outdated. I haven't read one comment doubting Dan, Cox or Rhody recruiting. Most post that don't think we will get Harris have a comment about how great Dan/Cox are doing recruiting. I do think we will get Harris but I do realize it is a coin flip.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Blue Man wrote:Seeing the word "miracle" thrown around when Hurley has already recruited or grabbed 4 top 100 guys, and are coming off of an NCAA 2nd round appearance, is wild to say the least.

We've been in the mix the entire time. Are really the only constant "finalist" over the past few weeks, but we're just changing WV to MD to X to SC back to X,yet the other name is Rhody every time.

He better be All Conference by Nov 1 of his freshman year too. Or else this board will go haywire.
4 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Blue Man, I hear you. Call it URI Fan Derangement Syndrome. I've had it for 47 years and I could bore you with a couple of pages of symptoms. However, it can be summed up by what my father often said to me (in heavy Ukrainian accent): "John, always expect the worst and you'll never be disappointed."
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I don't doubt Dan's ability as a recruiter, or his staff's, but realistically if you target elite players there are going to be some guys you just don't have a shot at, there will be other guys that you really do have a shot with but you finish second to a really good program, and sometime you will be able to make the connection with the player and beat out other really good programs.

We are underdogs in these battles for highly sought after recruits. We shouldn't lose sight of that. At the same time, the only reason we will be in it with some of these guys that end up going to another good program in the end is because our coaches do such an outstanding job developing relationships and making their program attractive. Sometimes things will break our way at the end. I'm hopeful that Jermaine is one of those times. I'm not calling it a led pipe lock, but I'm cautiously optimistic. That is a credit to our coach, and people should not be critical if at the end it doesn't happen.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

If Adams gives his verbal today or tomorrow, as Iggy says, I have a feeling Harris gives his to us on Friday. That's just a guess though.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

DC_Rams wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:
I’m sure Top guys are staying far away from Miami.

Only 1 scholly for X? Let's hope this kid pulls the trigger for X

0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Billyboy78 wrote:If Adams gives his verbal today or tomorrow, as Iggy says, I have a feeling Harris gives his to us on Friday. That's just a guess though.
If so, call me a doctor because I'll have a condition that ain't going away in four hours.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody1992
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Rhody1992 »

Just an FYI, Xavier has 6 scholarships available.. not 1.

Got this from their board: "Been reading URI's forum to try and find info. They seemed overly confident, but in the past day or two it sounds like doubts are creeping in. My favorite thing on their Jermaine Harris thread is that they are claiming we only have 1 open scholarship left for 2018 when we have 6."

Just wanted to make that known since it's been posted multiple times that they only have 1 on here.
0 x
Rhody1992
Marc Upshaw

BTW, use this website:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/xavier

clearly shows they had 6, locked one up. 5 still available.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Well, that could change things. Plenty of schollies available.
0 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Xavier has 5 players that are either seniors or post graduates this year. Don't know where the one schollie thing came from.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Rhody1992 wrote:Just an FYI, Xavier has 6 scholarships available.. not 1.

Got this from their board: "Been reading URI's forum to try and find info. They seemed overly confident, but in the past day or two it sounds like doubts are creeping in. My favorite thing on their Jermaine Harris thread is that they are claiming we only have 1 open scholarship left for 2018 when we have 6."

Just wanted to make that known since it's been posted multiple times that they only have 1 on here.
Link to where you read this?
0 x
Rhody1992
Marc Upshaw

DC_Rams wrote:

Link to where you read this?

http://www.xavierhoops.com/showthread.p ... 10)/page16
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Wow, how dare we not be up to date on Xavier's scholarship situation! :roll:

Screw them and their shitty chili
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Maybe that’s even better for us. Here he’d be coming into a situation where he could be confident with the class he will be playing with, at XU, who knows how the class will shape up.
0 x
Rhody1992
Marc Upshaw

DC_Rams wrote:Maybe that’s even better for us. Here he’d be coming into a situation where he could be confident with the class he will be playing with, at XU, who knows how the class will shape up.
Well it's looking like Xavier could land SG, Keonte Kennedy tonight at 7pm.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Thank you Blue Man!

When I see posts like "Xavier is the heavy favorite" and the word "Miracle" I started wondering did I miss something? I looked around twitter and texted people I trust asking if it was leaked that Harris is leaning toward Xavier. Nope... nothing has changed.

He could commit to Xavier, but the amount of doubt on this board when we just made this kids final two amazes me.
Last edited by steveystuds06 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

They have 5 seniors on the team and have a commitment from one recruit, so not sure how that adds up to 6. They have swung and missed at a lot of Top 100 players.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I still have a really good feeling we get him
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Iggy1979 wrote:They have 5 seniors on the team and have a commitment from one recruit, so not sure how that adds up to 6. They have swung and missed at a lot of Top 100 players.
There are 13 players on the current team, but 2 are walk-ons. So, there are only 11 scholarship players right now. That's where the extra 2 come in.
0 x