'18 MD PF Jermaine Harris (URI Signed LOI)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: '18 MD PF Jermaine Harris (Offer)

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I always thought WVU was our chief competitor.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhodymob05 wrote:So it’s WVU , Kansas, Xavier and RHODY.
And Maryland.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

It would be nice if Jermaine put out a tweet listing his final 3 or 4 schools if he knows ???
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

So we are likely to know his choice sooner.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Seems pretty clear to me the player knows that from an "impact" perspective Kingston is his best choice.

I'm pretty optimistic despite the other destinations on his list.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

Rhodymob05 wrote:So it’s WVU , Kansas, Xavier and RHODY.
Scheduled to start Xavier visit tomorrow. Xavier might now be the leader for fellow DMV forward Saddiq Bey with Miami's issues, but Xavier has plenty of openings.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Just wondering...Is Jermaine ranked high enough to have been offered any kind of deal from Miami? Or are we talking mostly about 5* recruits?
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Billyboy78 wrote:Just wondering...Is Jermaine ranked high enough to have been offered any kind of deal from Miami? Or are we talking mostly about 5* recruits?

So far it appears that the sneaker companies have been involved with 5* can't miss headed to the NBA players. Harris is not quite at that level at present. URI has typically not gotten such players. One of the few Rams to fall into this category would have been Lamar Odom.
0 x
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

I wouldn't be stupid enough to rule out Kansas, but they are in hot pursuit of two five stars, Romeo Langford and Zion Williamson. They've only got one spot left to fill, and Langford is reportedly a "done deal" to the Jayhawks.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

The only team i'm worried about is WVU... Personally I think it's between us or them.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I dont think Miami was previously recruiting at the level where they had to fork over $$$. Lonnie Walker is the highest.

Bruce Brown? would be next closest in terms of rank and potential, but hes gone from basically a synopsis blurb that read like Jared Terrell coming out of hs to a poor man's Russel Westbrook, which Russel Westbrook was a poor man's Russel Westbrook coming out of UCLA.

All said, I think the 100k payments at Miami are a new thing. There has been turnover on their coaching and they have missed on tons of top end Florida and south Florida talent over the past 5-10 years. Plus, this one request seemed like a thing Adiddas wasn't rushing to do for them.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

This is what we know. Harris has not reduced the original 8 teams he announced back on July 17th. In fact, he just today re-tweeted the 8 schools. He has now completed visits to West Virginia and Rhode Island. Xavier, Kansas and Miami are upcoming.

Miami - Visit Planned (10/20-22)
West Virginia - Visit Complete (9/15-9/17)
Maryland
Rhode Island - Visit Complete (9/22-24)
South Carolina
Xavier - Visit Planned (9/29-10/1)
Kansas - Visit Planned (10/6-8)
Southern Utah

0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

ramster wrote:This is what we know. Harris has not reduced the original 8 teams he announced back on July 17th. In fact, he just today re-tweeted the 8 schools. He has now completed visits to West Virginia and Rhode Island. Xavier, Kansas and Miami are upcoming.

Miami - Visit Planned (10/20-22)
West Virginia - Visit Complete (9/15-9/17)
Maryland
Rhode Island - Visit Complete (9/22-24)
South Carolina
Xavier - Visit Planned (9/29-10/1)
Kansas - Visit Planned (10/6-8)
Southern Utah

I don't believe he re-tweeted it.. He pinned it when he announced back in July.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

Miami is out. Lets hope Kansas can sign some of their big man targets before his visit. Not sure if WVU or X are recruiting any big men that might help him pick us. I have a lot of faith that he will be a Running Ram.

But the waiting is killing me...

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

You guys keep forgetting Maryland. No, he doesn't have an official scheduled there, but that's because he's been on their campus many times. I wouldn't count them out.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Usually when players do that the coach tells them to take a hike.

When local football players in a certain region try it with a certain school it means they obviously aren't interested. The coaches tell them official visit or the offer is no longer committable.

I would imagine the same for Maryland.

Also the 5 visits in and of itself cuts his list to 5.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Seawrightspostgame wrote:Usually when players do that the coach tells them to take a hike.

When local football players in a certain region try it with a certain school it means they obviously aren't interested. The coaches tell them official visit or the offer is no longer committable.

I don't think David Duke is taking an official to PC. But they remain the favorite to land him. He can basically walk to campus. Same goes for Jermaine and Maryland. That's why I think they're still in it.
0 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

He’s not going to MD. They signed Twin 4* big men two months ago. Too much comp there. He wants the guaranteed playing time, currently we are the only school than can offer him a starting spot for 3/4 years.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

DC_Rams wrote:He’s not going to MD. They signed Twin 4* big men two months ago. Too much comp there. He wants the guaranteed playing time, currently we are the only school than can offer him a starting spot for 3/4 years.
Don't forget about Southern Utah!
He can be their messiah. :o
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:Usually when players do that the coach tells them to take a hike.

So why did he list 8 teams then? He should have only listed 5 and should have reduced already to 5.
Maryland is definitely a visit - just not doing as an official

But to me it's all speculation on his list, it's 8 until he reduces it. I would not even eliminate Southern Utah for several reasons.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Big props to Douthern Utah for making that list !!
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

reef wrote:Big props to Douthern Utah for making that list !!
Go Thunderbirds! Maybe he wants go be a pilot:
https://www.suu.edu/news/2017/09/red-sky-rally.html
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

This is so unbelievably wrong.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow cool planes at Southern Utah !!
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

TruePoint wrote:

TP I can think of 3 recruits off the top of my head that are from the Miami area that claim to be committed and say they aren't taking official visits to the school because they have been there so often. Within a week they change their tune because programs aren't going to waste their time. If you don't go to Nick Sabans house on an official, it is likely you wont be rolling with the tide.

Basketball teams are always swinging for the fences so they will obviously take a kids commitment out of the blue if he is a higher level player than they usually get but with finite sources a school is not going to put all their eggs into the basket of a player that isn't taking an official to their school. It clearly shows you are low on their list.

Official visits are much different than an unofficial visit. Official visits are wining and dining, while unofficials are much less. Even if they have a lunch for you at an unofficial it doesn't stack up to being recruited on an official visit and getting the full treatment.

Unbelievably wrong? Not even close.
0 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

The Musketeers have yet to strike in the 2018 class but they’re hoping that it all could change this weekend as they bring in Rivals150 forward Jermaine Harris and emerging senior guard Keonte Kennedy. Harris, a 6-foot-8 power forward that played for the same travel program as current freshman small forward Naji Marshall, will head to Xavier for his third official visit thus far. West Virginia and Rhode Island have gained the majority of the talk surrounding the DC Premier product, though Xavier has much to offer. Alongside him will be Westlake High product Keonte Kennedy. A number of programs including Arkansas, Memphis and Michigan continue to keep tabs but with the upcoming departure of senior wing JP Macura, a giant void looms on the wing.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... ach-league
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

All 8 teams are still in it until Jermaine trims his list.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Seawrightspostgame wrote:
TruePoint wrote:

TP I can think of 3 recruits off the top of my head that are from the Miami area that claim to be committed and say they aren't taking official visits to the school because they have been there so often. Within a week they change their tune because programs aren't going to waste their time. If you don't go to Nick Sabans house on an official, it is likely you wont be rolling with the tide.

Basketball teams are always swinging for the fences so they will obviously take a kids commitment out of the blue if he is a higher level player than they usually get but with finite sources a school is not going to put all their eggs into the basket of a player that isn't taking an official to their school. It clearly shows you are low on their list.

Official visits are much different than an unofficial visit. Official visits are wining and dining, while unofficials are much less. Even if they have a lunch for you at an unofficial it doesn't stack up to being recruited on an official visit and getting the full treatment.

Unbelievably wrong? Not even close.
I'm not saying you can't find a few examples out of the thousands of football commitments every year where the player doesn't take an official and then ends up flipping his commitment. But generally schools look at it in the opposite way. Guys that commit early in the process usually have not officialed yet, but have been on campus for camps and on family trips numerous times. They're usually the most committed recruits and are often asked to save their officials for late in the process so they can use it during a big recruiting weekend where targeted uncommitted players are coming to campus and help recruit those players during the visit. Guys that commit before the season have never taken official visits (talking about football here, because of different calendar than basketball), and most schools have their classes 50-75% completed before their first game.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Football Games play a significant part of the recruiting of basketball players.
perfect example is this weekend at Virginia Tech - Clemson Game at Virginia Tech.
Michael Vick should be there.
No coincidence that these players are coming in this weekend for the tailgating, see the campus at it's finest and most exciting time,
Something that a Providence College cannot offer to a guy like David Duke who is very close to making his final decision. Note how Virginia Tech already has Wabissa Bede, Duke's former travel/high school teammate to tag along with Duke.

Courtesy of Team Loaded
ESPN's College GameDay is headed to Blacksburg this weekend and while all eyes will be on whether the Hokies can give Dabo Swinney’s second-ranked Clemson squad its first loss of the season, Buzz Williams will be doing his very best to better his standing with a plethora of elite talent from the East Coast. David Duke and Landers Nolley, the Hokies’ top remaining targets in the 2018 class, will head to campus for an official visit. Virginia Tech is a major darkhorse with Duke and having recently enrolled good friend and former travel and high school teammate,
Wabissa Bede, does not hurt its cause. Nolley heads to Virginia Tech, a program that should be seen as the favorite for him as his commitment is expected within the next 10 days. Along with the four-star duo will be Jarren McCallister, an already committed swingman, and Trey McGowans, a blossoming combo guard from North Carolina. Future talent including five-star big man Armando Bacot, and Rivals150 juniors Casey Morsell, Deuce Dean and Anthony Harris will all be on campus Saturday.

0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

This is good!
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

URIRecruitingInfo wrote:
No WVU at all??
0 x
GO RAMS
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Marshall, Kanter, Jones all previous targets currently on the Xavier roster. Here's to hoping we can land this one!
0 x
wgracie99
Jeff Kent

Unread post by wgracie99 »

I wish he went to Xavier last weekend and here this weekend but think since we have been high on his list for quite awhile now we'll win this one. Crossing fingers and toes though.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

wgracie99 wrote:I wish he went to Xavier last weekend and here this weekend but think since we have been high on his list for quite awhile now we'll win this one. Crossing fingers and toes though.
He has already been to both schools so the order doesn't matter as much. Most schools want the first shot anyway.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

All hands on deck, lets get this one done!
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Funny, but Luke Murray did very little in his time here.
When he went to Xavier, he became a demon recruiter.
2 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
wgracie99
Jeff Kent

Unread post by wgracie99 »

CT Rhody wrote:
wgracie99 wrote:I wish he went to Xavier last weekend and here this weekend but think since we have been high on his list for quite awhile now we'll win this one. Crossing fingers and toes though.
He has already been to both schools so the order doesn't matter as much. Most schools want the first shot anyway.
I meant it looks like he could commit anytime now and wish he was here on our campus now.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

wgracie99 wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:
I meant it looks like he could commit anytime now and wish he was here on our campus now.

1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Timing is so perfect for this information today, much discussion the past two days here on Harris, almost like some outsiders are reading our board :lol: :lol:
Great to hear it could be down to just Xavier and Rhode Island. Surprised WVU would not be a candidate any longer yet many thought they were the team to beat. Wonder why WVU seems to be dropping out after seemingly the commanding lead?

Whatever the case, sounds like we are right in it :D :D

247 Crystal Ball had WVU the overwhelming favorite with Xavier second
graph.png
Jermaine Harris 247 Predictions.png
https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution ... redictions

Last edited by ramster 6 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

The guy for 247 who predicted Xavier literally changed his prediction to Xavier this morning as news came out that WVU was out
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Shaolin Swat wrote:The guy for 247 who predicted Xavier literally changed his prediction to Xavier this morning as news came out that WVU was out
Changed it from WVU to Xavier? So all 4 were for WVU yesterday?
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

ramster wrote:
Shaolin Swat wrote:The guy for 247 who predicted Xavier literally changed his prediction to Xavier this morning as news came out that WVU was out
Based off my understanding, all 4 on 247 were forecasting WVU until this morning, when the one guy flipped to Xavier
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Shaolin Swat wrote:
ramster wrote:
Based off my understanding, all 4 on 247 were forecasting WVU until this morning, when the one guy flipped to Xavier
Right, I went back and looked and attached the graph going back.........WVU consistently had all 4 predictions.

Will be interesting to see what happens now that it seems WVU is out.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

URIRecruitingInfo wrote:
What does that mean?
0 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »