'18 RI SG Cole Swider (Villanova Commit)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

'18 RI SG Cole Swider (Villanova Commit)

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Cole Swider - SG
School: St. Andrew's
Travel/AAU: BABC

Ht: 6'6"
Wt: 210

RANKINGS:
Rivals: 4 Stars, #91 in 2018
247 Sports: 4 Stars, 91 Grade, #100 in 2018, #30 SF
HoopSeen: #58 in 2018
NERR: #3 in New England

OFFERS:
Rhode Island
BC
Creighton
DePaul
New Hampshire
PC
Rutgers
St. Louis
UMass

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/73075
http://www.scout.com/player/209614-cole-swider?s=75
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/cole-swider
http://www.hoopseen.com/players/1679
http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.c ... wider-2018
http://247sports.com/Player/Cole-Swider-93593
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: '18 RI SG Cole Swider

According to McNamara, URI, PC, BC and DePaul are now recruiting the kid from Portsmouth.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

One of my clients has played against Cole and he said that he can shoot and hit it from NBA range consistently. It's never bad to have a shooter like that.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Creighton just offered - assuming this is Preston at work.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Hope we get this kid just so I can coin the nickname EZ Swider.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

With Shandon Brown still out recovering from an elbow injury, the BABC backcourt didn’t miss a beat, as Brycen Goodine and Maurice Works combined for 23 points to go with a game high 26 points from Cole Swider, who continued to impress after a successful outing in the EYBL circuit. Swider showed why so many Division I programs have gained interest in the St. Andrews School product recently and why he continues to be one of the brightest young stars in New England.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unofficially visited and got an offer from St. Louis over the weekend. Will visit PC and BC this summer.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Today's the day coaches can officially contact the '18s

0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Cole Swider got a phone call from John Belein and the University of Michigan.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:Cole Swider got a phone call from John Belein and the University of Michigan.
Yep. Michigan, Xavier, Butler. Some good schools now showing interest. Good to see the kid from my hometown getting noticed. Chris Herren Jr. is next.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Kevin McNamara ‏@KevinMcNamara33 · Jun 16
Busy stretch for Cole Swider of @thebabc w 28 calls/texts in last day, offers from many including PC&URI. Visit @PCFriarsmbb next week

Elite shooter at 6'6"- 6'7"
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Stumbled across this from last week...

http://wpri.com/2016/07/05/hometown-hero-cole-swider/
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

The Herren's (all of them) can go pound sand, for all I care.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:The Herren's (all of them) can go pound sand, for all I care.
What happened? Did Mike beat you up?
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Exactly my point. The Herren family...known for being boozing, drugging meatheads of the East Bay who thought they were tough guys. Nobody fills up the stat sheet on the police log like the Herren's. They thought and think they walked on water. They walked on alcohol instead.

Family of goons.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I continue to wish Chris Herren luck in his battle against addiction.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Can't vouch for Mike, but any of my interactions with Chris were good ones. Yes they have their demons, but many people do.
I tend to not wish ill on people I barely know, but to each his own.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Anyway, back to Cole...

Coach Shawn D. ‏@CoachBrown012 · 17h17 hours ago
Cole Swider 25pts 7reb 2ast 2stl 1blk in win. Scoring through the motion of BABC's offense. While causing problems in BABC's infamous press
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Julius Kim ‏@JKim97 · Aug 5
2018 @thebabc guard Cole Swider will take unofficial visits to: Rhode Island (Aug 19) & Syracuse (Aug 26), he tells @Phenom_Hoops.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

I don't see the Syracuse logo in his picture yet he's taking a visit? Whatever.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:I don't see the Syracuse logo in his picture yet he's taking a visit? Whatever.
So, he's not allowed to get new interest from another school? Whatever.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Sure he can have interest from another school. So he should either:

1) Refrain from putting up logos of schools.
2) Or continuously update the logos, adding and removing logos as appropriate.

Otherwise, what's the purpose? It's completely misleading. That's my point.

By the way, nice mimic of the "whatever." I think my 2nd grader does that on the playground.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:Sure he can have interest from another school. So he should either:

By the way, nice mimic of the "whatever." I think my 2nd grader does that on the playground.
He's going to be a junior. Obviously that's not a final list. Those are his offers. I have seen nowhere that Syracuse has offered. It's an unofficial visit.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:Sure he can have interest from another school. So he should either:

You must be a blast at parties.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Btw, my brother saw Swider play in a tournament in Fall River this past weekend. He said he's really good. My brother knows basketball and doesn't throw out compliments very often.
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

It'd be nice to finally get a Rhode Islander who isn't a coach's son.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

TruePoint wrote:

You must be a blast at parties.
Not sure what my post has to do with being a "blast at parties." I guess posting something with no point is what you do when you can't come up with any logic, reason or facts. Well done, keep up the good work.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

It's a little strange to criticize and attack 15 and 16 year old kids. I feel bad for that 2nd grader.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:
Not sure what my post has to do with being a "blast at parties." I guess posting something with no point is what you do when you can't come up with any logic, reason or facts. Well done, keep up the good work.
Because your post makes you look like a joyless crank. What the hell do you care about how a teenager chooses his college? If his process isn't formal enough for you, then that is your problem and not his. Not to mention, your complaint doesn't even make sense. He isn't allowed to consider Syracuse under your rules because he didn't initially include their logo in a tweet? Oh, OK.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Don't work on your craft young man, instead perfect your photoshop skills as you must always update your school logos in real time....or else!
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

Thanks, BFC

-TP
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Billyboy78 wrote:It's a little strange to criticize and attack 15 and 16 year old kids. I feel bad for that 2nd grader.
What "attack" did I make? Did I call him a name? Did I insult him? I've never met the kid.

Let's be honest here. He puts his recruiting up on his Twitter for the world to see. He's the one he made it public, not me. He didn't have to. He made a choice. He could've kept it private, to himself.

I offered a critique of Cole Swider's twitter post of putting up logos of teams in involved in his recruiting. I offered my dismay at why, if he's making his recruitment public, why he wouldn't keep it accurate for the public to see? What purpose is it serving by having outdated information? I don't think I attacked or criticized anybody, did I?

You've yet to offer any logic or reasoning to my questions raised previously. My 2nd grader is doing fine, thanks. Clearly you have some sort of personal relationship with Cole Swider (and the Herren family, for that matter) So by coming on here and posting, you're not exactly objective right? In fact, one might call you extremely subjective...just as I'm biased and protective of my 2nd grade son. But he doesn't have a public Twitter feed. If he did, you could offer criticism of his posts but not him personally. Understand the difference?

I'll answer that last question for you (it's more rhetorical than anything)...you probably don't understand the difference.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:It's a little strange to criticize and attack 15 and 16 year old kids. I feel bad for that 2nd grader.
What "attack" did I make? Did I call him a name? Did I insult him? I've never met the kid.

Let's be honest here. He puts his recruiting up on his Twitter for the world to see. He's the one he made it public, not me. He didn't have to. He made a choice. He could've kept it private, to himself.

I offered a critique of Cole Swider's twitter post of putting up logos of teams in involved in his recruiting. I offered my dismay at why, if he's making his recruitment public, why he wouldn't keep it accurate for the public to see? What purpose is it serving by having outdated information? I don't think I attacked or criticized anybody, did I?

You've yet to offer any logic or reasoning to my questions raised previously. My 2nd grader is doing fine, thanks. Clearly you have some sort of personal relationship with Cole Swider (and the Herren family, for that matter) So by coming on here and posting, you're not exactly objective right? In fact, one might call you extremely subjective...just as I'm biased and protective of my 2nd grade son. But he doesn't have a public Twitter feed. If he did, you could offer criticism of his posts but not him personally. Understand the difference?

I'll answer that last question for you (it's more rhetorical than anything)...you probably don't understand the difference.
Like I said, those are his OFFERS. There is no report that Syracuse has offered. Why would he change it if they haven't offered. Anyway, you're the one making a big deal out of it. I have no relationship with either of them. They both live in my hometown and both went to PHS, so I am interested in what's going on with them, being a basketball fan. I'd like for both of them to do well. That's it.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

TruePoint wrote:
PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:
Because your post makes you look like a joyless crank. What the hell do you care about how a teenager chooses his college? If his process isn't formal enough for you, then that is your problem and not his. Not to mention, your complaint doesn't even make sense. He isn't allowed to consider Syracuse under your rules because he didn't initially include their logo in a tweet? Oh, OK.
And THANK HEAVENS you're here to identify the joyless cranks, or whatever nom du jour you feel like dropping that day....for gosh sakes....talk about a judgmental joy at parties....Seriously, I'm thinking you might do more name-calling on this board than everyone else combined.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: '18 RI SG Cole Swider (Offer)

Finally got the profile up at the top, thanks to BFC.
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

Cole Spider is on an unofficial visit to Syracuse this weekend
0 x
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

Billyboy78 wrote:Btw, my brother saw Swider play in a tournament in Fall River this past weekend. He said he's really good. My brother knows basketball and doesn't throw out compliments very often.
This kid is the real deal have seen him play. I would be very surprised if the Duke's and Kentucky's of the world are not involved in the end . He is a lot more then just a shooter.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Still growing. Now listed at 6'8".
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

And listed heights are always accurate.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:And listed heights are always accurate.
And you choose to disagree with what anyone says. Enjoy the rest of your day.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

New rankings as of yesterday. Ranked #4 in New England.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.c ... ss-of-2018
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

woodennickel1 wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:Btw, my brother saw Swider play in a tournament in Fall River this past weekend. He said he's really good. My brother knows basketball and doesn't throw out compliments very often.
This kid is the real deal have seen him play. I would be very surprised if the Duke's and Kentucky's of the world are not involved in the end . He is a lot more then just a shooter.
Nickel,
I have seen Swider play a couple of times with BABC. I find him a bit difficult to judge since he is playing up with the 2017 guys. He was not in the starting line up and did not have many points in the games I watched. The fact that he 2018 and is playing up says a lot since not many players get to do that.
He is a shooter and tended to shy away from contact inside. Not sure if he does not like contact or that his game instructions are to stay further away from the hoop - don't know.
If he continues to progress then he could be a Top 25 players next year and the Duke's and Kentucky's will be in the mix. But I have seen players like this step up and continue their trajectory and have also seen players level off. There is no doubt that he is getting a lot of looks playing the BABC summer schedule and also in Pre School during the winter. Playing against the strongest competition is great for him. The next year will be interesting and he should be a dominant player for BABC next summer.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Billyboy78 wrote:
Just being objective. Tell me what's wrong with my statement.

You clearly have a bias. I do not. Thanks for the well wishes.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:
Just being objective. Tell me what's wrong with my statement.

You clearly have a bias. I do not. Thanks for the well wishes.
Obviously heights are often exaggerated. It's your sarcastic tone. It's not just my posts. You seem to enjoy disagreeing with every post. It's not a big deal. You can think what you want. It's just getting to be a little too predictable.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

So don't read my posts if you already know what I'm going to state. Nobody is forcing you.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

PlayMikeMotenMore wrote:So don't read my posts if you already know what I'm going to state. Nobody is forcing you.
Ok.
0 x
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

ramster wrote:
woodennickel1 wrote:
Nickel,
I have seen Swider play a couple of times with BABC. I find him a bit difficult to judge since he is playing up with the 2017 guys. He was not in the starting line up and did not have many points in the games I watched. The fact that he 2018 and is playing up says a lot since not many players get to do that.
He is a shooter and tended to shy away from contact inside. Not sure if he does not like contact or that his game instructions are to stay further away from the hoop - don't know.
If he continues to progress then he could be a Top 25 players next year and the Duke's and Kentucky's will be in the mix. But I have seen players like this step up and continue their trajectory and have also seen players level off. There is no doubt that he is getting a lot of looks playing the BABC summer schedule and also in Pre School during the winter. Playing against the strongest competition is great for him. The next year will be interesting and he should be a dominant player for BABC next summer.
Have to admit I have only seen him once but was very impressed that one time.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rise n shine: PC, Rhody, BC, UMass all at St. Andrews for 6 am workout. Cole Swider '18 target @CoachMikeHart
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

0 x