'17 PA PG - Daron Russell (URI Signed NLI)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
ramster
Ernie Calverley

Re: '17 PA PG - Daron Russell (URI Signed NLI)

Unread postby ramster » 9 months ago

“That kid is a star, man,” Sample said. “Not just the way he plays the game, how hard he works.

“I was up at Imhotep today talking to one of my assistant coaches...and he was in there working out, hard, in a full sweat with his dad. I was like, ‘you know we play at 7:30?’ and he was like ‘I’ll be there, I’ll be fine.’ This kid lifted weights this morning, stretched, worked out and then took an hour nap and came and played in a game and got 32 points.”

http://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/new ... id=1710171
1 x

Rhody74
Carlton Owens

Unread postby Rhody74 » 9 months ago

ramster wrote:“That kid is a star, man,” Sample said. “Not just the way he plays the game, how hard he works.

“I was up at Imhotep today talking to one of my assistant coaches...and he was in there working out, hard, in a full sweat with his dad. I was like, ‘you know we play at 7:30?’ and he was like ‘I’ll be there, I’ll be fine.’ This kid lifted weights this morning, stretched, worked out and then took an hour nap and came and played in a game and got 32 points.”

http://www.cityofbasketballlove.com/new ... id=1710171

Certainly Dan's type of player.
0 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread postby rambone 78 » 9 months ago

This kid could set records at URI before he's done......now let's get him some more help and this could be something really special.

Who cares if he's 5'9"? I'm sure the staff will help him on defense, but as quick as he is, I doubt that will be a problem.
1 x

steviep123
Art Stephenson

Unread postby steviep123 » 9 months ago

rambone 78 wrote:This kid could set records at URI before he's done......now let's get him some more help and this could be something really special.

Who cares if he's 5'9"? I'm sure the staff will help him on defense, but as quick as he is, I doubt that will be a problem.

Wasn't Tyson Wheeler (listed at 5' 11'') really closer to 5' 9''? He turned out to be great!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

reef
Sly Williams

Unread postby reef » 9 months ago

Wow sounds like he has the talent and hard work to be great

Lots of under 6 footers at the NCAA level were very good
0 x

ramster
Ernie Calverley

Unread postby ramster » 9 months ago

0 x

Rhody74
Carlton Owens

Unread postby Rhody74 » 9 months ago

The best is yet to come!
1 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

Rhody15
Tom Garrick

Unread postby Rhody15 » 9 months ago

Just playing Devils advocate here, but that tweet with all the checks was literally just "me, me, me, me."

Not one mention of his team winning anything, although I'm sure his previous tweets included something along those lines.

I just didn't like seeing that tweet just praising his individual accomplishments.
1 x
Go Rhody

Da_Process_Survivor
Art Stephenson

Unread postby Da_Process_Survivor » 9 months ago

Rhody15 wrote:Just playing Devils advocate here, but that tweet with all the checks was literally just "me, me, me, me."

Not one mention of his team winning anything, although I'm sure his previous tweets included something along those lines.

I just didn't like seeing that tweet just praising his individual accomplishments.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
1 x
---
The ghosts have been exorcized! Praise be to Hurley
---

Rhody83
ARD

Unread postby Rhody83 » 9 months ago

He posted that his team is undefeated this year (2017).
1 x

Rhody83
ARD

Unread postby Rhody83 » 9 months ago

Any word if Rhody is after Fatts teammate Donta Scott (2019 6-9 SF, 4 star #56 nationally)?
0 x

reef
Sly Williams

Unread postby reef » 9 months ago

That would be nice
0 x

ace
Tyson Wheeler

Unread postby ace » 7 months ago

"... for Russell on offense, he sees edges that others don’t. And he possesses blinding quickness to exploit those, along with excellent vision. Russell pairs a stand up mid-range game and solid finishing ability with either hand to make opponents pay."

(posted in 2017-18 thread, too)
0 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

ace
Tyson Wheeler

Unread postby ace » 7 months ago

Graduation's tonight for Imhotep. Next stop... Rhode Island!
3 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

ramster
Ernie Calverley

Unread postby ramster » 6 months ago

Billyboy78 wrote:https://davesjoint.net/2017/06/27/daron-russell-incoming-rhody-pg-plans-to-make-a-mark-in-a-10-as-freshman/

Nice article......and this is what it came down to

When asked about why he chose the A-10 school, he replied, “Coach Hurley, he’s a terrific person. Coach Cox too. I mean, they did a great job recruiting me and they kept it real with me during the beginning.”
1 x

reef
Sly Williams

Unread postby reef » 6 months ago

Great article I didn't know his older brother played for Majerle at Grand Canyon
0 x

Bigsnoop
Michael Andersen

Unread postby Bigsnoop » 5 months ago

reef wrote:Great article I didn't know his older brother played for Majerle at Grand Canyon

I should have mentioned this a long time ago, but I went to see Grand Canyon play at Mohegan last year, and meet Russell's brother after the game. We talked about his brother playing nearby, and he said, "he's going to be a lot like me. It may take him a while to adjust to the college game, but he'll be an all league player before he's done." He also he'll have the advantage of knowing what to expect in college.

I saw his brother play at least a dozen times last year, and if Daron is anywhere near as good as his brother, he'll be a good pickup.
2 x

ace
Tyson Wheeler

Unread postby ace » 1 month ago

Apologies for bumping this, but it’s a fun thread to go back and look through.

And this? Pretty true so far. Lots of love for Fatts!
3 x

reef
Sly Williams

Unread postby reef » 1 month ago

We love you for coming to URI Fatts !!
0 x

Return to “Recruitment Corner”