'16 MD PG Daquan Bracey

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
ace
Ernie Calverley

'16 MD PG Daquan Bracey

Unread post by ace »

Daquan "Day Day" Bracey - PG
School: St. Frances
Travel/AAU: Baltimore Nike Elite

Ht: 5'9"
Wt: 160 lbs

RANKINGS:
Rivals: NR
Scout: NR
ESPN: 3 Stars, 75 Grade, #45 PG
247 Sports: 3 Stars, 88 Grade, #187 in 2016, #35 PG
Future150: 2 Stars

OFFERS:
Dayton
Georgetown
Kansas State
Marquette
Towson
UMass

0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Re: '16 MD PG Daquan Bracey

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

There is kind of a lot out there on him. Played with Butts?
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

DaQuan Bracey, PG, St. Frances Academy, 2016: Bracey is one of the better uncommitted lead guards throughout the Mid-Atlantic in the 2016 class and he showed off the potential to be a solid floor general at the next level during his time at Wise High on Saturday. The tough and gritty lead guard is super physical on the attack to the basket and has some major wiggle to his handles. He isn’t afraid to post up his defender in backing him down from off the 3-point arc and the lefty loves to initiate the contact off his feet. While more and more point guards fall off the board, expect for Bracey’s name to heat up this fall as a capable guy at the one who can direct his team in the backcourt and make others better around the cup.
http://hoopseen.com/index.php/news/head ... ign=buffer
Daquan Bracey | 5’11 senior point guard | St. Frances (MD) | No matter how many times you watch Bracey, his game never gets old. Whether it’s a thread-the-needle pass or a jaw dropping crossover, he brings a certain level of excitement to the game that is unmatched. Although Bracey has flash, he is also a very cerebral player who continued to make the right play throughout the event elevating his team to the championship game. Whichever college he chooses, they will acquire a solid point guard for the future.
http://www.hardwoodinsiders.com/news_ar ... id=1713996
Daquan Bracey, St. Frances (Md.) 2016 Point Guard

A pure point guard, Bracey impressed with his ability to lead his team, despite playing with them for less than a day. He brought excitement every time he touched the ball, whether it was setting up teammates with pinpoint passes or getting by defenders with jaw-dropping crossovers. But while he brought the crowd to its feet, he did so while making all the right decisions.
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... -80-recap/
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Just imagine: Rhode Islanders loving all the news from the DMV!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

And he's a lefty, although he seems to use his right hand when he goes to the basket.

0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

The Georgetown boards has 23 pages on this kid, a lot of posters in favor of getting him and others not due to his short stature. It appears their interest is fading since hasn't commited and they are chasing three top 100 guards still. I think he would be a great pickup reading all the info on him on that board.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Profile updated.

h/t BFC
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Love the "Day Day" nickname. Looks like a solid player.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Lots of Rhody fans showing the love. Follow Dequan on twitter.

https://twitter.com/theDAYDAYshow
0 x
URI_IEP
Lamar Odom

Unread post by URI_IEP »

He seems to be ambidextrous. From the video he shoots lefty when he spots up, but righty on floaters and layups.
0 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Great looking player, would be perfect to have him come in while Jarvis is a JR. Great fit!!
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

How did our intelligence miss the Sept 17 tweet that he was going of officially visit us?
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Let's hope he doesn't mind being a backup for a while....although Dan has said he will play 2 PG's at the same time...if he's really good he'll play, bottom line.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Every basketball player gets told they need to be able to finish with both hands and dribble with both hands. Most are too lazy to do this or it doesn't click. This kid seems to have it.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

If a guy has a good handle with both hands, that makes him VERY hard to guard.

Compared to EC, who is very talented of course, but he's much better with the left hand.....maybe the finger surgery will help with the right hand?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Wish I knew about his defense. That's the one thing that's a concern with someone his size. He definitely looks very good offensively.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

It could be paramount to get a guy like this into the gym behind Jarvis.

Jarvis being ahead of him and having incredible on-ball defense will make the guy grow into something special.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Get this one, likey!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rambone 78 wrote:Compared to EC, who is very talented of course, but he's much better with the left hand.....maybe the finger surgery will help with the right hand?
That's something I've been hoping for as well. Plus, he seemed to turn the ball over more after his foot was injured. I'd have to imagine having a busted finger and then not being able to move the way you want would really effect you big time mentally,not just physically, and could make you lose some necessary focus. Anytime you're worried about your body instead of solely the task at hand could result in being more turnover prone. If he's truly over his injuries, with his talent and work ethic and the talent around him he's going to have a monster season.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Has to affect you. The finger I am sure affected his drbble and the foot would affect quickness yo the rim.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

ECs decisiveness was a problem area last year - he put himself in trouble a lot (double teams, dribbling into traffic) and at times seemed easier to defend than in his FR year. I tend to think a lot of that was a lack of confidence due to injury and seems to be something he could address with watching tape and being healthy. He needs to be a 2-3 dribble guy -- attack, play make or get rid of it.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Don't forget, in his freshman year, opponents
focused on stopping Xavier Munford.
This gave EC a lot more freedom on the offensive end,
not to mention not having the pressure of having
every team's defense putting a target on his back.
With Garrett and Terrell providing more offense,
it should make EC less of a mark this season.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Agree Garrett and Terrell becoming more consistent on offensive end will benefit EC....the other addition that will greatly benefit EC, Four McGlynn. Adding a shooter creates spacing, which will directly benefit a superb slasher like EC.
0 x