'17 MA PG - Wabissa Bede (Virginia Tech)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

'17 MA PG - Wabissa Bede (Virginia Tech)

Unread post by BFC »

Wabissa Bede - PG
School: Cushing Academy
Travel/AAU: Rivals Nation

Ht: 6'1"
Wt:

RANKINGS:
Rivals: 3 Stars
Scout: 3 Stars, #26 PG
ESPN: 3 Stars, 76 Grade, #48 PG
247 Sports: 3 Stars, 89 Grade, #164 in 2017, #37 PG
Future 150: 3 Stars
NERR: #11 in New England

OFFERS:
Rhode Island
BC
Bryant
Butler
Chattanooga
Dayton
DePaul
Georgia Tech
LaSalle
Minnesota
Nebraska
Oklahoma
PC
Seton Hall
Temple
UMass
Virginia Tech

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... RzZWMDc3I-
http://www.scout.com/player/207910-wabissa-bede?s=75
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/baske ... bissa-bede
https://future150.com/hs/basketball-pro ... am-ma-2017
http://verbalcommits.com/players/wabissa-bede
http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.c ... -bede-2016
http://www.hoopseen.com/players/939
http://247sports.com/Player/Wabissa-Bede-85349
Last edited by BFC 7 years ago, edited 10 times in total.
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Re: '17 MA PG - Wabissa Bede (Offer)

Unread post by sf2010 »

Yup.

0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Is this an offer, an offer or an offer....??????
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Can definitely score.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Bryan Weber ‏@Coach_Weber · Jul 25
The MVPs of Elite Session 1 and 2 are blowing up!!! Ejike Obinna and Wabissa Bede are HM!! what were you doing during those weeks? #exposure
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

"UMass, LaSalle, Butler, Temple, and Rhode Island are recruiting me the hardest right now,” noted Bede.
http://www.scout.com/college/basketball ... play?s=444
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

On his 18th birthday, three-star point guard Wabissa Bede celebrated in style. With pros such as James Harden, Derrick Rose, Brandon Ingram and Harrison Barnes sitting courtside, the currently unranked point guard made a major case for the next 2017 Rivals150 and showed why he's been receiving a barrage of high-major offers.

The heart and soul of what is probably the best team on the Adidas Circuit, the Mass Rivals, Bede's toughness, shot making and playmaking were all on display as they dismissed the Compton Magic 83-55.

On the night Bede finished with 25 points, five rebounds and three assists. His newest offers are from Virginia Tech, Seton Hall, Minnesota, Nebraska and Dayton. They join LaSalle, UMass, VCU, Butler, Temple, Providence, Boston College and Rhode Island among others who had previously offered.

"I want to sit down with my mom and Coach Vin after this is all over in August and sort things out," said Bede, who also indicated that he expects to take all five official visits and plans to sign during the early signing period.

"Coaches like my intangibles and my leadership," said Bede. "I think the intangibles are what separates me because I'm not athletic like some of these other guys."
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... thday-bede
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

What does he say about URI in the video?
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

He didn't mention us in his list of schools that are most interested in him, but when asked about unofficial visits that he's taken, we were named.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Bede's playing out of his mind in this championship game so far.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ace wrote:Bede's playing out of his mind in this championship game so far.
Love that kid!
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

He presents himself very well- plays tough, active defense and is always communicating with his teammates. The game has never been close (they're up 18 now). He plays well with Ashton-Langford, with both of them acting as point guards. They've said a few times that Ashton-Langford is likely to choose between Providence, Connecticut, and Louisville.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Starting to blow up after his great summer. Oklahoma offered yesterday.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

Wabissa Bede earns MVP honors among a host of impressive prospects during July's third live evaluation period. Here are the top 13 players according to our team of analysts who were on site across the country evaluating prospects.

Wabissa Bede
Point guard
3 STARS
Cushing Academy
Ashburnham, MA
RR: N/A
Ht: 6'1"
Wt: 190 lbs
Class: 2017
-
POSITION
-
NATIONAL
-
STATE
Commitment status:
UNDECIDED

Recruiting wrap: Butler, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, Seton Hall, Minnesota, Providence, Boston College, Rhode Island, Nebraska and many others have offered.

Performance: For leading the Mass Rivals to their second major tournament win of July at the Adidas Summer Championships, Bede earns our MVP of the third live session. He scored from deep, he scored at the rim and more importantly he was a vocal leader and the heart and soul of his team. He's almost added too many offers to keep track of in past week and is a lock to enter the next edition of the 2017 Rivals150 as a four-star prospect.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... ive-period
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

RJ, given i know you read here...was that a freudian slip on your part where you quoted Biancardi's tweet verbatim but for some reason left URI off even tho it was listed in the tweet?
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

You know, I noticed he did that as well. I thought maybe something new had developed with Bede.

I think he just didn't want to include URI in his post to the Friars faithful
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

I swear it wasn't intentional :lol: :lol:

I had to pull the tweet up on my phone and transpose it word for word. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, it has been fixed for accuracy.

As you guys can tell I'm a big Bede fan, I get the "go big or go home" strategy, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it scares the ever living crap out of me.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

BEDE A BEAST AND THE STOCK-RISER OF THE SUMMER

The rumblings really started early last winter, long before Cushing Academy guard Wabissa Bede led his Mass Rivals squad to back-to-back titles at the Adidas Gauntlet Finale and the Adidas Summer Championships.

Opposing coaches and scouts would walk away from a Cushing game with the same sentiments: “Yeah, Ashton-Langford is definitely as good as advertised but that Bede kid….man, he is so TOUGH! Who’s offered him so far?”

The first sentence was always said with a headshaking smile while the latter was a comment made out of complete confusion that they hadn’t heard the name Wabissa Bede prior to the given performance.

Regardless of the number of stars next to a player’s name or whatever reputation precedes a certain prospect, being labeled as “tough” is an abbreviated way of saying, “That young man can play on my team any day of the week.” But tough only begins to describe Bede as a player and a teammate.

July is a loaded month for any group of players on the “AAU” hoops circuit. The fact that Rivals went an astounding 21-0 was well documented during their nationally televised finale against Garner Road. When you take a step back and realize that you were watching that broadcast on July 24 and it almost makes your head start to spin. You never would’ve realized it by watching Bede though.

Bede’s endless energy, gregarious nature, and natural vibrancy are contagious while his unselfish style of play is perfect for a Rivals team that goes 12-deep with D-1 talent. Now that the overwhelming majority of his baby fat has been turned into toned muscle, his body has improved to the point that it’s one of his true strengths. Bede’s shiftiness in tight spaces is a product of his strength and his ability to change direction and pull up on a dime drives opponents insane.

The one thing that every college coach will be happy to hear is that there’s nothing fake about Bede’s personality or his energy. Not only is it all genuine but it’s also unrehearsed because the young man has a feel for the moment and is so comfortable in his own skin. The one thing Bede is never mistaken is as soft.

Whether he’s using his strong frame to his advantage in the lane or his killer step-back on the perimeter, the one place coaches at both the prep and college level won’t enjoy running into Wabissa Bede is on the court. That same gap-toothed smile that can light up a room can just as quickly be found at crunch time when it’s time to tear out an opponent’s heart. More coaches are realizing that after the clinic Bede put on throughout the month of July and are putting themselves in positon to be on the correct side when he flashes it!
Butler offered the 6’1” lead guard prior to his sizzling summer but Bede now also counts VCU, UMass, LaSalle, Dayton, Nebraska, Virginia Tech, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Missouri, and Texas A&M among his list of suitors.
http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.c ... -potpourri
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Well, we got left out of that one...
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

Wabissa Bede, 6' 1", 190, PG

Last year Wenyen Gabriel emerged for Vinny Pastore’s Mass Rivals team. This time around, Bede progressed his recruitment from the mid-major level up to high-major scholarship offers. Bede, who will be ranked when Scout updates its top 100, brings energy and effort to the point guard position. He defends well, makes good decisions with the ball and plays an aggressive brand of basketball.

Recruiting: Butler Bulldogs, Massachusetts Minutemen, Minnesota Golden Gophers, Temple Owls, Dayton Flyers, Villanova Wildcats, Virginia Cavaliers, Virginia Commonwealth Rams, Towson Tigers, Rhode Island Rams, Providence Friars, Boston College Eagles
http://www.si.com/college-basketball/20 ... ael-porter
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Bede's final five are Butler, UMass, LaSalle, VA Tech and Minnesota, this per Evan Daniels.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

reckless jake wrote:Bede's final five are Butler, UMass, LaSalle, VA Tech and Minnesota, this per Evan Daniels.
SHIT!!!
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Well, I hope we're in Daron Russell's final list.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

reckless jake wrote:Well, I hope we're in Daron Russell's final list.
Yep, the PGs are falling fast.
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

I was afraid we wouldn't make Bede's final list because he blew up over the summer and was recently offered by several Power 5 schools including Oklahoma, Virginia, Texas A&M and many others.

Supposedly we've recruited him pretty hard. A few recruiting sites listed him aa one of our primary PG targets.

Of course, PC and VCU recruited him pretty hard too and they didn't make his final list of schools either.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

If we were really recruiting him hard then I'm pretty bummed out we couldn't beat out UMass and LaSalle. Hopefully it's just because of the presence of Garrett and Dowtin.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:If we were really recruiting him hard then I'm pretty bummed out we couldn't beat out UMass and LaSalle. Hopefully it's just because of the presence of Garrett and Dowtin.
Here is now a 4*, top 100 player. I don't think he has to worry about who is in front of him. Besides being very talented, he's a great leader. Would have been a great get.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Virginia Tech and the ACC
0 x