'12 SG Dinero Mercurius FL

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

'12 SG Dinero Mercurius FL

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Coast 2 Coast Hoops ‏@Coast2CoastHoop

Rhode Island is showing strong interest in Q6 All Stars 2013 6'4 SG Dinero Mercurius

"Even with the high-major talent he’s already produced, some of his players go a little more unnoticed. One of those players happens to be 2013 shooting guard, Dinero Mercurius. Mercurius is a 6’4 shooting guard out of Orlando, Florida that has high mid-major potential and is already receiving interest from schools such as Wagner, Campbell, Florida Atlantic, High Point, Presbyterian, Furman, and Kennesaw State. All those schools are buzzing around but to this point nobody has pulled the trigger and made an offer.

He’s 6’4″ and long. He has good height for the shooting guard position and he’s constantly improving his game. He has a lot of confidence in his shot and is very poised in the clutch. Mercurius will need to improve on creating things off the dribble and will need to get stronger. Beyond that, he can consistenly hit jumpers anywhere from 20 feet and in. As his AAU coach puts it, “The kid can flat out stroke the ball.”

This kid has a big upside and has the work ethic to be the best player he can be. College coaches should take note, as this guy will make a splash once he steps on the summer scene."
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: '12 SG Dinero Mercurius FL

Unread post by adam914 »

Some video, not much to see, but at least gives you a visual...

http://www.maxpreps.com/local/player/vi ... 52d91838ef

Not a ton of info out there as far as I can tell. But we certainly could use a pure shooter.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

I like where he broke through a double team and dished off.
Nice form on his shot.
Guys standing around on offense, not going to the boards.
As you said, not easy to read much into this video.
Shows the staff is stretching it's recruiting radius, beyond the Northeast and Midwest.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

For the name alone, yes, please.

But mainly yes for shooters.

They had a couple Florida recruits at Wagner (Parker and Mitchell, although he went elsewhere when Hurley left)- I think with Bobby as the primary recruiter, so this is somewhat familiar territory.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

We all know that "dinero" means "money" in Spanish don't we ?
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I would imagine so, yes.

And combined with Mercurius? Pretty great.
0 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

At least we would be back on the "all-name" team.
0 x