'16 NJ PF Kevin Marfo (Quinnipiac - Transfer to Texas A&M)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: '16 NJ PF Kevin Marfo (GW Commit)

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Looks like that all that BE TV money isn't helping PC much lately.....at least when it comes to recruiting....
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

The real chasm is the television money that Fox gives the big east.....and the chasm between what the BCS football schools get in revenue as compared to the big east is much larger than that between the A-10 and the big east.......the big east is the best mid-major conference....I concede that point....but the gap on the basketball floor is not as large as the gap in television revenue...
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

The best part is GW fans on their fan forum wondering why PC fans think so highly of themselves lol. Reminds me of what we think of PC fans, go figure.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Ramulous, that gap in TV revenue is going to shrink as time goes on.

Looking at recruiting, that gap is shrinking between us and them too.....

CT Rhody, that's because PC thinks they're superior because they are in the mighty BE.

The old BE, yes. The new one? Not so much......
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

They live in a bubble, a delusional misinformed bunch for the most part.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

We need to finally show them how far we've come since Dan was hired.

The pressure is on us to deliver. We must win our game with them....or else listen to the crap for another year....no matter how well we do overall this season......
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

rambone 78 wrote:Ramulous, that gap in TV revenue is going to shrink as time goes on.

Looking at recruiting, that gap is shrinking between us and them too.....

CT Rhody, that's because PC thinks they're superior because they are in the mighty BE.

The old BE, yes. The new one? Not so much......

The gap between the leagues is likely to continue to close on many fronts in coming years. Money however is the one area where a great disparity will unfortunately remain. The tv deal that the Big East negotiated with Fox was a very long term guaranteed deal. From the early returns, it looks like Fox grossly exaggerated the value of the rights. The money however is locked in and is their life preserver for the near future. Once the deal is up, they are in big trouble but they have time. The Fox deal was for 12 years (2 years now in the books) for 500 million. That works out to over 4m per year for each school. The A-10 tv money paid out to each school is peanuts in comparison and is not likely to soon get close. The A-10's last deal was signed in 2012 (for 8 years) and the reported terms were for about 40m in total. That equates to about .5m per year for each A-10 team. The A-10 payout per team is 12% of what the Big East teams get for the next 5-6 years. The A-10 may up its take when its present contract is up but it will never approach the Big East money. In fact, the Big East probably won't even come anywhere near what they currently get when they have to renegotiate. Possibly then, the money will get closer between the leagues but that is still a decade away.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Agree with all your points except I don't think it will take 10 years before things change money-wise.

Contracts are made to be renegotiated. Not sure about the Fox deal, but the A10's deal will be sweetened, possibly substantially, and maybe fairly soon.

Of course, you're right, the A10 per team money will never approach 4 mil a year.....

The other thing, is what will the 2 leagues look like in a few years? More realignment?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Off-topic here, but before the A10 deal is redone the league needs to trim some fat. Even if we get a good deal, a 14-way split when so many teams contribute nothing is too much.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I think when all is said and done, both the A10 and BE will be at 12 teams.
0 x
brady1
Art Stephenson

Unread post by brady1 »

You got to give the friarfans credit keeping up the false bravado when they haven't won an NCAA tournament game since 1997.

GO RHODY!
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

And you guys don't talk a big game? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PC has hit the wall that could be coming for URI. Take a roster of nothing and sell playing time and potential to recruits. Then you get some talented guys, and have a harder time selling to players. The difference is that Hurley has adapted and taken safer bets, whereas Cooley keeps trying to "go big or go home." At the end of the day, PC is one big away from a good class, but right now they sit 0-2. Their last chance is Keita, who people really like, but will be an extremely tough get. If they miss on him, it's a long drop down in talent. If they land him, everyone's happy and no one is talking about any of this.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

RJ of course Rhody fans talk passionately and optimistically about their team -- but 95% do so with context and without false bravado. You guys are like the tallest midget in RI, yet a majority of your fan base still trades on events from 30 years ago, compares themselves to Uconn and talks down any school not in the BE. Point blank, Joe Public fan cares about NCAA success - you have not had any in 18 years, us 17...the chasm as Ramulous refers to is fairly small, but every time a commit goes to the A10 its like he chose Bucknell, I guess your fans forgot who ended your March dreams last season. That shit gets old.

As far as our coach's recruiting philosophy - he approached this class with surgical precision, bringing in exactly what was needed. Layssard was a HM recruit. Langevine from those in the know is Hassan Martin Part 2 - a kid we were in on early that will have a monster senior year and be a steal. He also is the first kid we have ever attracted from St Patrick's, which is a big deal. Tertsea is the project, but that is the type of 5 you can attract to the A10. As you know there are about 8-10 real quality true big men each year, and most go blue blood.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

BAR, I'm just messing with you. I know what you mean though, I had it out with some of those fans you mentioned maybe a month ago, those saying "The A10 can't sniff the BE." Those fans are delusional. The gap is close, I don't know if it will get much closer, and the BE stemmed some of that A10 momentum last year. I've said for a long time dating back to realignment, that the biggest deterent to the A10 is the fact that the bottom of the A10 on a yearly basis is significantly weaker than the BE. The Big East should always be putting a higher percentage of teams in the tournament, but as you say, the average fan doesn't care about tourney bids, or regular season records, or KenPom/RPI. It's all March.

That's why I'd like for the BE to throw some of their money around now, don't sit and be content with just making it. If you want to solidify, you find a way to pair with Dayton, and figure out a 12th from there. You take in good programs with good coaches, offer the money to help those schools pay them, and you figure it out from there. Better your position, weaken the opposition. Can't just sit and rely on 30 year old Championships and Final Fours.

And if I'm URI & the A10, I'm dumping from the bottom to optimize television contracts, which makes my conference more appealing to the teams the BE could try to lure, and minimizing "bad losses." That's the only way right now that the A10 could legitimately catch the BE, IMHO. BE seems content at the moment with where things are, which gives everyone else the chance to plan ahead and form the plans necessary to solidify. But money always talks...
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Speaking of Dayton, it's funny that BE fans say the A10 sucks, yet they're always looking to get our good teams in their conference.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Billyboy78 wrote:Speaking of Dayton, it's funny that BE fans say the A10 sucks, yet they're always looking to get our good teams in their conference.
I think when people make that comment, it's mostly in jest, and possibly some forecasting the bottom of the conference. In football terms, I think the AFC sucks even though I think the Patriots could win the Super Bowl. I don't think the A10 sucks, but I think there is a known perception bias against the bottom half of the A10 on a yearly basis.
Last edited by rjsuperfly66 8 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Tough weekend for Cooley losing out on Marfo on Friday then on Jalen Johnson to former PC HC Rick Barnes. The 3-star Johnson had narrowed to Tennessee and PC.
Cooley had attended most all of Marfo's BABC games this summer.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... n-johnson/
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

what I will say about the A10/BE gap is exactly like RJ said...it is very hard for people to take the A10 seriously when Fordham, Duquesne and the bonnies (ignoring the andrew nicholson flash in the pan) are still here.

The very top of the big east is slightly better than the a10. The next few teams of the A10 have a slight edge over the big east. The middle to bottom can go either way, but the bottom of the A10 is so far away from competing in the A10, nevermind the big east, that it just brings down everyone. The difference between the A10 being a high major versus mid major literally lies with those 3 programs that are perennial door mats and REFUSE to invest anything into their program/the league.

Their gyms and facilities are an eyesore, a reflection of their overall commitment to the league. They cannot get legitimate recruits to come and play. No one worth anything wants to go to pittsburgh, unless they're playing at pitt. No one wants to go to play in "new york" when you play in a place like rose hill gym. I certainly dont understand how anyone is convinced without a gun to their head to go to olean - but when you combine all of that, and add in what that looks like to everyone else when that gym is seen on television - it's pretty hard to convince the general public that your league should be taken seriously.

Drop those 3 teams, add a school that is committed to basketball, and then you have a fairly competitive league. Bernadette has done a great job keeping the A10 as it is through all the realignment, but needs to find a way to buy out those schools and take the a10 to the next level.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Billyboy78 wrote:Speaking of Dayton, it's funny that BE fans say the A10 sucks, yet they're always looking to get our good teams in their conference.
Also, ironic given their 3rd most prestigious program (behind G'town and Nova) and the one with the most recent tourney success is a former A10 stalwart - Xavier.
And RJ its not in jest by most, by most its due to a myopic and dated view of the college basketball landscape. You guys have more fans, which means you have more yahoos. But lets be clear, you have more yahoos.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Those yahoos would rather swing and miss on all their recruits than to settle for those the Rams signed.....although some of our recruits had offers from the friars....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

bigappleram wrote: And RJ its not in jest by most, by most its due to a myopic and dated view of the college basketball landscape. You guys have more fans, which means you have more yahoos. But lets be clear, you have more yahoos.
I think you would be surprised, I mean most PC fans are impressed by the success of Dayton, and really like what Hurley has done at URI, among other things. You just have to decipher whose being an ignorant yahoo, from those who actually follow hoops. Yahooism tends to be proportional to the fan base. PC has more yahoos than URI, but less yahoos than UCONN, who has less yahoos than Kentucky.
Ramulous wrote:Those yahoos would rather swing and miss on all their recruits than to settle for those the Rams signed.....although some of our recruits had offers from the friars....
I think URI has to prove it has a system that works, before you as fans thump your chest in the face of Friar fans. Outside of Layssard, most of those guys had less than impressive lists. Maybe they are sleepers, and develop into great players. Maybe they are the equivalent of their talent, decent, but not great players. And maybe they just aren't very good at all, and underwhelm in comparison to their recruiting lists. For every Gonzaga or Butler or VCU who did great with less, were 20 teams that tried a similar tactic and never developed players capable of sustaining that level of play. I don't know where URI falls into that matrix, because we haven't seen it yet. While landing Top 100 players guarantees nothing, there is a correlation that players with higher ratings tend to produce better results. Matthews, Martin, and Terrell can combine to fill a lot of holes, just like Dunn, Lindsey, and Bentil can for PC. But there is something the 6 have in common ... All Top 150 players.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

rjsuperfly66 wrote:
bigappleram wrote: And RJ its not in jest by most, by most its due to a myopic and dated view of the college basketball landscape. You guys have more fans, which means you have more yahoos. But lets be clear, you have more yahoos.
I think you would be surprised, I mean most PC fans are impressed by the success of Dayton, and really like what Hurley has done at URI, among other things. You just have to decipher whose being an ignorant yahoo, from those who actually follow hoops. Yahooism tends to be proportional to the fan base. PC has more yahoos than URI, but less yahoos than UCONN, who has less yahoos than Kentucky.
Ramulous wrote:Those yahoos would rather swing and miss on all their recruits than to settle for those the Rams signed.....although some of our recruits had offers from the friars....
I think URI has to prove it has a system that works, before you as fans thump your chest in the face of Friar fans. Outside of Layssard, most of those guys had less than impressive lists. Maybe they are sleepers, and develop into great players. Maybe they are the equivalent of their talent, decent, but not great players. And maybe they just aren't very good at all, and underwhelm in comparison to their recruiting lists. For every Gonzaga or Butler or VCU who did great with less, were 20 teams that tried a similar tactic and never developed players capable of sustaining that level of play. I don't know where URI falls into that matrix, because we haven't seen it yet. While landing Top 100 players guarantees nothing, there is a correlation that players with higher ratings tend to produce better results. Matthews, Martin, and Terrell can combine to fill a lot of holes, just like Dunn, Lindsey, and Bentil can for PC. But there is something the 6 have in common ... All Top 150 players.
Not being sarcastic at all, I never understand why anyone gives you pushback on this board. I legit think you are one of the more levelheaded posters on either board. I agree with all of this.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

You can't measure recruiting success until the player has finished his sophomore year......they can be great right away.....they can be bad but grow into what they will be.....they can be bad and stay bad.....or they can leave the program......no one is beating their chest.....we haven't won yet.....
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Ramulous wrote:no one is beating their chest.....we haven't won yet.....
Make up your mind Ramulous ... If you are gonna show some bravado, at least stick to it, why backtrack? :D

Why is one a "yahoo" because they would rather "swing and miss" than "settle?"

I guess I'm a yahoo then :D
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I'm not afraid to swing and miss....I realize that until the Rams beat the friars on the floor the friar fans have scoreboard rights....bravado is usually a false feeling....I don't harbor false feelings....better also to be realistic in who you can get and those upon whom you waste your time....
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Blue Man wrote:Not being sarcastic at all, I never understand why anyone gives you pushback on this board. I legit think you are one of the more levelheaded posters on either board. I agree with all of this.
He repeatedly defended a rapist (we can argue when exactly that word fit him) and was completely certain in that case that his Providence-connected sources were completely objective. I think that shapes my opinion a bit. More than it should? I don't know.

As for the BC discussion earlier, they got a commitment from Mike Sagay after missing out on Marfo. If you're looking for a really under the radar recruit, Sagay is it.
Last edited by ace 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

The thing I love about Hurley is he tries to identify talent early. But rest assured, if that talent doesn't shine that player won't see the court.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Ramulous wrote:I'm not afraid to swing and miss....I realize that until the Rams beat the friars on the floor the friar fans have scoreboard rights....bravado is usually a false feeling....I don't harbor false feelings....better also to be realistic in who you can get and those upon whom you waste your time....
I agree, that could be the biggest second guess of the first five years of Cooley, has he continued to sell out even when the dial was pointed in the opposite direction? Some pretty big ones ... Abu, Mitchell, Gabriel, spent a lot of time on those three, basically two plus years invested into each. Rather than bail, pushed basically until the last days. Abu might have been the only one he seemed to get out before the very end and line up a nice contingency plan in Ben Bentil. But you could also argue he landed some big names when things seemed stacked against him ... Jalen Lindsey seemed like a long shot he kept working, as did Brandon Austin. Austin the kid ended up being a terrible fit, but on paper it was a huge win even when he had initially crossed PC off his list and Cooley faught like hell to get back on it and win it. I've always said, easier to land guys when you can offer the playing time, it's what you do after that that shows how much staying power you have. Can you get quality depth, through recruiting elite talent or development? That's when coaches earn the big dollars.
ace wrote: He repeatedly defended an eventual/probable rapist and was completely certain in that case that his Providence-connected sources were completely objective. I think that shapes my opinion a bit. More than it should? I don't know.
Ace, you have to understand that I was privy to a signficant amount of information on the findings, the story that the evidence presented and what the school believed. Those positions were further solidified by some of the things I heard from people connected to the case but who had nothing to do with Providence College. I don't believe I ever supported Austin or Bullock's actions, because I remember saying (whether here or the other board) that athletes need to be smarter than to put themselves in that position. There were things I did question or defend, like the timing of the criminal investigation (wasn't it right before or right after the BET?), and why I could see why Cooley would have been upset with the length of the suspension given the believed information. Would I be so quick to defend them now given what happened at Oregon? Probably not. You have to understand, that when you hear the same things from quite a few different people who always know the pulse of the school, you feel relatively confident taking a certain stance. But will we ever know what happened in that dorm room? Nope, it'll always be speculation and hearsay. Does it seem more likely something sketchy happened? You bet.
Last edited by rjsuperfly66 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:
I agree with pretty much all of this. I'm pretty well-versed on message boards, so I realize this one tends to be smaller in the grand scheme of things. Our all-time high for users online is around 300, with the usual daily number floating in the 70 to 100 range. Both should be trending up this season (hopefully!), but for comparison's sake, PC's Scout board has 216 users (about 3x) right now. Imagine 3x the more... interesting posters, like our Pat Riley scout. And in coming months, we're probably going to get a wider range of 'interesting' folks as well, both good and bad.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

RJ, you are a welcome poster to this board. You are truly objective with your opinions.

Keep it coming....your perspective keeps things real between us Rhody fans and the other side.....
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Yeah, just keep Wooden Asshole and Seanie out.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

rj- You don't owe me an explanation. It's for you, I guess, to reconcile what you thought you knew and what you do know and what's happened since. I don't really have any feelings, negative or otherwise, about Providence. To this day, Michael Smith is still one of my favorite college basketball players ever. But, I see your name, I think of Austin. It's fine. We'll all live here.

So, anybody got anything on Marfo? Anybody?
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

ace wrote:
Blue Man wrote:Not being sarcastic at all, I never understand why anyone gives you pushback on this board. I legit think you are one of the more levelheaded posters on either board. I agree with all of this.
He repeatedly defended a rapist (we can argue when exactly that word fit him) and was completely certain in that case that his Providence-connected sources were completely objective. I think that shapes my opinion a bit. More than it should? I don't know.
I was speaking in generalities about basketball takes between the two programs. If we're talking about Brandon Austin I'm team that kid should have been given the death penalty, as I am with all rapists.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

So then Blue Man you believe Dan's recruiting strategy was to play it safe with 3 stars versus shooting for the fences with 4s or 5s? Because that is what RJ inferred that some of us objected to. I think Dan was being surgical with what the team needed, and while he did chase some higher rated players he also made a call at some point to narrow in on guys he felt were attainable and close on them quickly. I don't believe it was a strategy to settle on who he could attract, but rather a balance of pragmatism that any coach needs to have especially at URI.

And if we cant push back on a PC fan posting on a URI board than what good are we -- i also enjoy RJs posts, and he usually is quite level headed and well informed, but the push back with the Friar fans is half the fun during the offseason :)
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

bigappleram wrote:So then Blue Man you believe Dan's recruiting strategy was to play it safe with 3 stars versus shooting for the fences with 4s or 5s? Because that is what RJ inferred that some of us objected to. I think Dan was being surgical with what the team needed, and while he did chase some higher rated players he also made a call at some point to narrow in on guys he felt were attainable and close on them quickly. I don't believe it was a strategy to settle on who he could attract, but rather a balance of pragmatism that any coach needs to have especially at URI.

And if we cant push back on a PC fan posting on a URI board than what good are we -- i also enjoy RJs posts, and he usually is quite level headed and well informed, but the push back with the Friar fans is half the fun during the offseason :)
Lol I'm all about Friar push back, but one of the things I like about this board versus the other one the few times I've been on there is the intelligent basketball talk back and forth versus people that didn't go to college at all, nevermind PC, just shouting nonsense.

The statement I quoted above of his didn't say that Dan's strategy was to play it safe - it said that outside of Layssard the recruiting lists for the other 3 weren't as impressive. With that, you never know - kids could be sleepers and make it big - we just got them before they blew up, they could be OK, or they could be busts.

I also agree that we're in no position to beat our chests about anything compared to PC right now, because we haven't had a more successful season than them, or beaten them, since I was on campus...

On paper we sure look better, both on the court and on the recruiting trail it looks like we're set up to be the top program in this state for the foreseeable future, but that's all it is...paper. I thought that was an extremely fair take.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Rumor and innuendo from a friend of mine who is a friar alum........word going around some coaches in the big east is that Cooley is having trouble recruiting.....and I'm sure they are using that against him......don't know if they are highlighting the lack of diversity on the campus and the Chukwu decision to transfer with that reason...
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I've heard that rumor too.

Since Cooley lost his top recruiting assistant last year, it's definitely affected them.

Boo hoo............
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

One big signing can dispel that rumor
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Doesn't help us....2 year waiting period if transferring within the same conference.

Imo that's a harsh rule....should be one year.
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

PC lost out on him to GW. Not sure if they would now have interest as his stock has probably fallen.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Not saying it necessarily means anything for us, but the phrasing "requested his release" sounds different than most announcements. Normally it's just Player X is leaving School A. Could be poorly phrased by the coach or Finkelstein, could be no real difference from a standard transfer, or perhaps he doesn't want to be held to the two years if transferring in the A10 and the phrasing is important.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

RF1 wrote:PC lost out on him to GW. Not sure if they would now have interest as his stock has probably fallen.
He didn't exactly light the world on fire at GW, so I would assume that he has to transfer to a lower conference, unless he's gotten some sort of promise from a better university.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Marfo will transfer from GW to Quinnipiac.
0 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Re: '16 NJ PF Kevin Marfo (Quinnipiac Transfer)

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

The head coaches that have reached out are Texas A&M’s Buzz Williams, Florida’s Mike White, Boston College’s Jim Christian, Oklahoma State’s Mike Boynton, Georgia Tech’s Josh Pastner, Xavier’s Travis Steele and Arkansas’ Eric Musselman.

Schools that have had assistant coaches call include Wake Forest, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Georgetown, VCU, Notre Dame, Seton Hall, Memphis, Penn State, Maryland, Virginia Tech, Georgia, UConn, San Diego State, Nebraska, Arizona State, St. John’s, Wichita State, Texas Tech, Pittsburgh and Louisville.
https://247sports.com/college/basketbal ... 145108032/
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Would be a nice rebound replacement for Cyril.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Rebounding at the Quinnipiac level and the A-10 level are like 2 quite different worlds.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Marfo narrowed to 10 schools when first picking a school. Of course he chose George Washington
Before selecting GW:
The schools still in the running for Marfo’s commitment are Pittsburgh, Georgia Tech, Minnesota, Boston College, UMass, Saint Joseph’s, DePaul, George Washington, Rhode Island and Providence.
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Understood Eli, but 13+ per game at any D1 school is a decent amount. He wont get that in the A10, but would likely be a top 3 rebounder on our team regardless.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I'd rather have the twins, Akeem, or Ousmane over this guy.

Although. Akeem and Marfo or Marfo and Ousmane would be good.
1 x