'16 VA PG - Maliek White (PC)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Re: '16 VA PG - Maliek White (PC)

Unread post by Dre3000 »

To be fair I do think White is the better prospect between Dowtin and White. That's not even from the rankings but from the limited clips I've seen of both. Now the fact is URI and PC were looking for two completely different things out of each of the PGs in their recruiting classes. If I'm not mistaken, PC is looking for a replacement to Dunn, someone who could possibly come in and start. URI does not need/want Dowtin to start until his junior year. Comparing the two prospects may be fun for fans but disregarding these facts while doing so, makes no sense to me. Both Cooley and Hurley know what is needed for their teams and went after just that.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Dre3000 wrote:To be fair I do think White is the better prospect between Dowtin and White. That's not even from the rankings but from the limited clips I've seen of both. Now the fact is URI and PC were looking for two completely different things out of each of the PGs in their recruiting classes. If I'm not mistaken, PC is looking for a replacement to Dunn, someone who could possibly come in and start. URI does not need/want Dowtin to start until his junior year. Comparing the two prospects may be fun for fans but disregarding these facts while doing so, makes no sense to me. Both Cooley and Hurley know what is needed for their teams and went after just that.
+1000 probably the best take on this.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
friarj
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by friarj »

ace wrote:I was defending the guy, and a PC fan shows up and throws him under the bus. You're welcome for the link.
Ace, thanks for the link. Not sure where I threw whomever (Cooley I assume) under the bus. I'm simply saying what we all know with kids, you say something, they hear something slightly different, they then repeat something different, then again something different might get printed.

I have no doubt in my mind that Cooley told him that he would have a chance to do just that, and the way the offense is setup for the PG's to have such an impact that statement is factually true. I have no problem with it at all although others may differ, especially if you dislike Cooley which plenty here do.

BTW, I'm far from a URI basher. I love the Rams second to the Friars, as my family always had season tickets. I grew up on Yawgoo Pond road very close to the URI campus and spent a lot of time in the late 70's playing pickup games in the old Keaney Gymnasium. I don't spend too much time here simply because the PC bashing is a bit much for me.

Anyway thanks for the response.
0 x