'16 NH PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Verbal)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: '16 NH PF Wenyen Gabriel

Unread post by TruePoint »

woodennickel1 wrote:
bressler3south wrote:
TruePoint wrote:Haha what the hell is Providence selling to get on these lists? This list is like if I was going to get a new car, and I told someone my choice was down to five: Mercedes, Audi, Range Rover, Mazda and Cadillac.
Cooley is selling himself, and his mantra since Day One -- at Fairfield -- has been: "Recruit, recruit, recruit." He doesn't care who he's going up against, though, I do question his background checks on a good number of his signees…..
So let's see if I got this straight your coach recruits a guy convicted in the drive-by shooting of a single mother. Yet you question the character of the players Cooley recruits. Lol only on Keaney blue board. Lol
How does what a kid (who was roster filler for one year during a transition and was never a real part of the program in any respect, and didn't cause a single problem while he was at URI) does after he leaves campus have anything to do with URI or its coach? Does OJ reflect poorly on USC? That is a dumb line of attack when your biggest tradition is sexual assault accusations.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: '16 NH PF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky Verbal)

Unread post by RF1 »

Isn't there a team in the area that CURRENTLY has a rapist on its roster?
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Re: '16 NH PF Wenyen Gabriel

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

woodennickel1 wrote:
bressler3south wrote:
TruePoint wrote:Haha what the hell is Providence selling to get on these lists? This list is like if I was going to get a new car, and I told someone my choice was down to five: Mercedes, Audi, Range Rover, Mazda and Cadillac.
Cooley is selling himself, and his mantra since Day One -- at Fairfield -- has been: "Recruit, recruit, recruit." He doesn't care who he's going up against, though, I do question his background checks on a good number of his signees…..
So let's see if I got this straight your coach recruits a guy convicted in the drive-by shooting of a single mother. Yet you question the character of the players Cooley recruits. Lol only on Keaney blue board. Lol
http://www.torontosun.com/2014/09/17/ex ... murder-rap

If Hurley were to run background checks on all of his recruits, Bigby wouldn't have raised any red flags. Prior to his arrest in connection with the murder, he had no criminal record and had not ever been contacted by police (see link). And this is not to excuse what he allegedly (not sure if they've gone to trial yet) did, just to point out that it's disingenuous to say that Hurley is recruiting guys accused of murder.

I can't speak to the Austin/Bullock situation (which I'm assuming is what was being referenced), because I haven't looked into it, but I highly doubt that Cooley would have continued to pursue them if they had been accused while being recruited by PC.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Oh no, someone from the PC board must have sent the Wooden Dumbass here to punish us. I'd rather have Sean here than this bozo.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

PC has problems with players no matter who the coach is. Since McGrath's troubles through Keno's troubles into Cooley's.

Bigby? he was on campus for a year and did nothing.

Holton?thats a weird thing.

Mike Aaman?just a fight.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:PC has problems with players no matter who the coach is. Since McGrath's troubles through Keno's troubles into Cooley's.

Bigby did nothing we know of. However I believe there are a couple of unsolved murders in the RI area..
0 x
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

woodennickel1 wrote:
Seawrightspostgame wrote:PC has problems with players no matter who the coach is. Since McGrath's troubles through Keno's troubles into Cooley's.

Bigby did nothing we know of. However I believe there are a couple of unsolved murders in the RI area..
I seriously hope this comment was said in jest. That's like saying they're unsolved rapes in Providence, must be a Friar.
0 x
'No Mercy.'
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Enough of the polluting of Gabriel's thread…..
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Agreed ^^
0 x