Shonn Miller - Cornell

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Shonn Miller - Cornell

Unread post by skwalk47 »

Anyone else see the New York times article on this kid? Just read it in the international version of the paper they handed me on a flight between Vienna and Brussels. 6'7 grad transfer who leads the ivy league in rebounding, 3rd in scoring and blocks and 2nd in FREE THROW % at 83.4%. He has another year of eligibility but grad students are not allowed to play in the Ivy League. He would be a eligible immediately and according to the article hasn't thought about where you want to go yet.

I dono if we would have any chance but could you imagine what this guy could do for our maturing team next year? Seems like a very good compliment to Hassan, can shoot from outside and is skilled in the post. Nice to have a big who can shoot free throws too...
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Re: Shonn Miller - Cornell

Unread post by giovanni »

I had posted something much earlier in the year about Miller. I happened to catch a Mike Martin show where he mentioned him and that he would be playing somewhere next year. Martin mentioned at the time that he knew UConn was very interested and said he is definitely a big time talent. At least you wouldn't have to worry about him getting through admissions.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

We had a Yale transfer once I believe.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

David Bialski 1995.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

And a Stonehill transfer too, Roland Fiore!

Next year, Michigan gets a Division 3 transfer in from Williams College.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Sounds like he'd help our offense tremendously!
0 x