'15 LA SG Christion Thompson (URI Signed LOI)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Re: '15 LA SG Christion Thompson (URI Signed LOI)

Unread post by SGreenwell »

ramster wrote:
PeterRamTime wrote:Nothing but good things from Christion in this!
Coach mentions that he played some POINT GUARD for them.
http://www.coxhub.com/articles/christion-thompson-wants-to-win-an-a-10-player-of-the-year-award

Actually the Head Coach said in the video in the that "Christian plays very unselfish and that he has been our Point Guard for the entire season"
For what it's worth though, a lot of players will play the point, or center, in high school and not touch it in college. Baseball also has the equivalent, with almost all major college and pro recruits playing either shortstop or center, or pitching, or both, in high school.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yes especially in baseball. Many kids play shortstop and eventually move to 2nd, 3rd or outfield, Many pitchers also play 1st base, or just about anywhere and are often outstanding hitters in HS.

But it is significant that Christion's coach stated in this video that he had been their Point Guard all year. I had not read anything up to this time that indictated that he had been the primary PG. He did have 10 assists in one game I read about which tells a story in itself.
Overall good to hear he can play both positions. There will be intense competition this year for Playing Time, and the depth of talent will contnue to enhance. Competition is better for everyone - will make them all work harder during the off season.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

News on Thompson's Teammate Brandon Sampson who reopened his recruiting when St John's changed HCs.
A visit with new St. John’s coach Chris Mullin is planned for the days ahead. Legendary coach Larry Brown of SMU has visited Sampson, and he has a visit set with the Mustangs next weekend.
Alabama and its new head coach, former Southern star and NBA player Avery Johnson, is now in the mix. Johnson is set to visit the Madison Prep campus within the next two weeks, Jones said.
Oklahoma State also has jumped into the picture; OSU assistant Butch Pierre is a Louisiana native and former LSU assistant. LSU remains on the list, but Sampson’s desire to play as a freshman would make it difficult for him to join the guard-wealthy Tigers

http://theadvocate.com/sports/12081899- ... or-madison
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Going back to Disano article in September

"He’ll be a big addition for us. He's skilled, can play either the 1 or the 2 and has a terrific basketball IQ," Jones said. "He will start at the point for us this year. He can shoot it from deep, is a strong kid and an underrated defender. Coach Hurley and Rhode Island are getting a steal. He’s one helluva player."

http://www.coxhub.com/articles/louisian ... its-to-uri
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Madison Prep outside of #25 (Thompson), and #0 (Sampson), has a very tall interior player. I wouldn't be surprised if he were 6'9+.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

It's probably Josh LeBlanc, a freshman who is or is going to be a national recruit. I think he is listed at about 6'6".
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Looks like Christion has some lofty goals for next season.
Attachments
image.jpg
0 x
Go Rhody
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

That is great, people who put their goals in writing achieve them at a much higher rate than those who do not.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Shoot for the stars, reach the moon by accident. Good job by Christion.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Have to be very excited to get a look at the whole roster. Guys coming in. The young players that made up our team all taking another step towards manhood. Lots to see.

In Thompson videos I've seen the game seems very easy to him. He doesn't seem to be pressing the whole time but just flashing dominance nonchalantly. There's not much video though.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Congrats, Christion!

0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Christion Thompson @mooosiee
· 10h 10 hours ago
finished the school year with a 4.0
0 x