General Recruiting Discussion/Comments 2022 and before

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: General Recruiting Discussion/Comments

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Here she is. Better tell Coach LaForce about her.
http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-22554850 ... nni/photos
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Haha Spoonie Wallace...love it.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Blue Man wrote:I didn't know where else to put this, but I had a dream last night where I was so great at making friends that Dan wanted me to come with him on the recruiting trail after this 5 star stud named Spoonie Wallace.

Legit the best dream of my life. I don't remember if we closed on him or not, but the 3 of us became best friends.

I figured someone else on here would appreciate this, and feel my pain of waking up and figuring out this didn't actually happen.

GOOD GOD IS IT BASKETBALL SEASON YET, kinda going nuts over here.
I want to take your sleeping pills ....
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

When I hear the name Spoonie all I can think of is watching Crank Yankers back in college when Tracey Morgan played Spoonie Luv! Those were some funny prank calls, immature sure, but funny to us! YouTube it if you have no clue what I'm talking about. I would have posted a video but they may be a little inappropriate haha
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

hahahah Spoonie Luv is always in my head. Probably where it comes from.

0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Blue Man wrote:I didn't know where else to put this, but I had a dream last night where I was so great at making friends that Dan wanted me to come with him on the recruiting trail after this 5 star stud named Spoonie Wallace.

Legit the best dream of my life. I don't remember if we closed on him or not, but the 3 of us became best friends.

I figured someone else on here would appreciate this, and feel my pain of waking up and figuring out this didn't actually happen.

GOOD GOD IS IT BASKETBALL SEASON YET, kinda going nuts over here.
Equal parts amazing and terrifying. Nice.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

After watching the coxhub interview from the A10 conference. I have so much confidence in Dan to recruit and even do better than he has done. He hasn't had a bad recruiting year. Early on maybe another big guy coul have helped but he was dealing with the big guy that didn't want to play.

I used to think why won't he stay at URI!? Because I thought he would never get a UNC/DUKE type post. Now I think he can. Recruit stars and suround them with solid players. Grab star transfers. All different class years. We have the most stacked roster and like none of them are graduating! Its insane. Then throw in that they all just seemed so focused on basketball.

But he will remain an outsider to those blue blood posts. I would be scared of a Florida, Indiana, schools that hire outside of their family.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:After watching the coxhub interview from the A10 conference. I have so much confidence in Dan to recruit and even do better than he has done. He hasn't had a bad recruiting year. Early on maybe another big guy coul have helped but he was dealing with the big guy that didn't want to play.

I used to think why won't he stay at URI!? Because I thought he would never get a UNC/DUKE type post. Now I think he can. Recruit stars and suround them with solid players. Grab star transfers. All different class years. We have the most stacked roster and like none of them are graduating! Its insane. Then throw in that they all just seemed so focused on basketball.

But he will remain an outsider to those blue blood posts. I would be scared of a Florida, Indiana, schools that hire outside of their family.
I will say it again. Dan Hurley isn't going anywhere. Certainly for the next 6 years before his kids are done with school. What people forget is that Hurley isn't a guy who will forget his kid's birthday...family is important. His family is happy here. They just built a house.

Unless this program stops giving him everything he needs to go out and win, he'll stay.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I agree Blue Man. dan Hurley is a different kind of guy. He made his moves from St. Benedict's to Wagner and now URI.
He will be here a long time if not forever. I see Bobby doing the same. I would be surprised if Bobby doesn't stay at
ASU for a long time as well. dan seems very happy where he is. I think he believes he can accomplish any thing
right where he is. And why not?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I see Bobby as one of the few people in line for the Duke position when Coach K calls it a career.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Blue Man wrote:
Seawrightspostgame wrote:After watching the coxhub interview from the A10 conference. I have so much confidence in Dan to recruit and even do better than he has done. He hasn't had a bad recruiting year. Early on maybe another big guy coul have helped but he was dealing with the big guy that didn't want to play.

I will say it again. Dan Hurley isn't going anywhere. Certainly for the next 6 years before his kids are done with school. What people forget is that Hurley isn't a guy who will forget his kid's birthday...family is important. His family is happy here. They just built a house.

Unless this program stops giving him everything he needs to go out and win, he'll stay.
Pretty accurate overall, including that last sentence, but it's less than 6 years. Not many guys go coach high school after being a high level D1 assistant or turn down a D1 head coach position after it's offered. It's rare to pretty much have a standing offer for an assistant's job from a (now ACC) D1 team/coach and never jump at the opportunity. All of these decisions prioritized family over basketball and money, even at a time when that would have been very helpful for them.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I think it also includes filling the Ryan Center. I remember a couple of games last year during the national anthem, Dan would look up in the crowd and see a half empty arena. He looked pissed. I think it's important to him to work in a basketball crazed environment.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Billyboy78 wrote:I think it also includes filling the Ryan Center. I remember a couple of games last year during the national anthem, Dan would look up in the crowd and see a half empty arena. He looked pissed. I think it's important to him to work in a basketball crazed environment.
You're not wrong.

If the staff does their job this year, which is to win and to get to the tournament, we should just hope that the above is not a problem.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ace wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:I think it also includes filling the Ryan Center. I remember a couple of games last year during the national anthem, Dan would look up in the crowd and see a half empty arena. He looked pissed. I think it's important to him to work in a basketball crazed environment.
You're not wrong.

If the staff does their job this year, which is to win and to get to the tournament, we should just hope that the above is not a problem.
You would think that 23 wins would be enough to fill it this year. Except for the PC game, ticket sales aren't great. And I know it's early in the process. The Valpo game is particularly alarming. I said it before that only the hardcore fans will be there. I even wonder how many season ticket seats will be empty. The game is in 25 days. I don't see a lot changing as far as sales go for that game either. If people were planning on taking the day off, the tickets would have already been sold. The students need to come up big time for that game.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

There is still plenty of time but students will have to show for Valpo game since Tuesday at 10am isn't ideal for the working folk. I however am taking off the day and driving two hours to watch that game! If we can wrangle 3k students for that game the place will be alive. The school should really be moving classes around the game and allow this to be a showcase for the university.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

I also took the day off for the Valpo game and have friends coming in for it taking the day off, no excuses for this game. Gotta win, gotta fill the place, gotta get lots a highlights on the "network." Make the buzz real, early.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

The Valpo game could be one of those magical games where literally half the people in a FULL Ryan Center are students.

The Richmond Pink Out game a few years back in the snow storm was amazing, even though we lost at the buzzer when a shot from the corner went in and out.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

ATPTourFan wrote:The Valpo game could be one of those magical games where literally half the people in a FULL Ryan Center are students.

The Richmond Pink Out game a few years back in the snow storm was amazing, even though we lost at the buzzer when a shot from the corner went in and out.
Was Cothran's shot that rattled out, IIRC. Still one of the best environments I've been in for a basketball game. Last year for Davidson was good also, but not to the Richmond Blizzard game level.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote:The Valpo game could be one of those magical games where literally half the people in a FULL Ryan Center are students.

That would mean around 4000 students. I hope you're right. That game would be the perfect time for a promotional game...free t-shirts or something to the first 4000 students, early season game to hopefully get the students interested for the rest of the season too.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

That Richmond game was great. Drove in the storm to get there. That loss was brutal and may have kept them out of the tourney. Wasn't that the year they had the 40 RPI and didn't get in?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I think the RPI might have been even lower, like 37 or 34 or something. I even want to say that at the time it was the lowest RPI to ever not get in. Or maybe I just have told myself that over the years to make myself feel better. I'm sure somebody around here knows.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

adam914 wrote:I think the RPI might have been even lower, like 37 or 34 or something. I even want to say that at the time it was the lowest RPI to ever not get in. Or maybe I just have told myself that over the years to make myself feel better. I'm sure somebody around here knows.

We were the best RPI THAT year not to make the tourney. Even better RPI teams have been left out in other years.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

^Expressions Elite guys

0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

TruePoint wrote:

^Expressions Elite guys

So, where are the profiles?!?!?!!?!?!?

:D :D :D
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

They may already exist in some cases. If not, I'm sure they will very soon. We certainly have plenty of time.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

TruePoint wrote:They may already exist in some cases. If not, I'm sure they will very soon. We certainly have plenty of time.
Only kidding, TP.
;)
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

Rhode Island hosted their Midnight Madness type festivities on Wednesday night and hosted Expressions' underclassmen Preston Santos, Tommy ONeil, Dana Tate and Daman Tate along with Avon Old Farms post-graduates Rocket Henderson and Isaiah Nichols.
http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.c ... n-review-2
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Top 100 center Sedee Keita commits to South Carolina.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Another dose of much needed humility to our friends at Friartown. The fans on their board cannot figure out why bball recruit studs have not formed a line to be able to play with Kris Dunn and for Cooley who they are convinced "walks on water".
Their fans were very critical of the "bigs" we got verbals from and felt strongly that none of them would have played in Friartown.
Cooley is finally getting some heat for not having received a verbal from a "big" at this point in the recruiting cycle. Also, the "fans" are not aware of the Friars having a chance with a quality "big" as the fall recruiting cycle comes to an end.
Let's pound them into submission at The Ryan Center..........
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

eli#10 wrote:Another dose of much needed humility to our friends at Friartown. The fans on their board cannot figure out why bball recruit studs have not formed a line to be able to play with Kris Dunn and for Cooley who they are convinced "walks on water".
Their fans were very critical of the "bigs" we got verbals from and felt strongly that none of them would have played in Friartown.
Cooley is finally getting some heat for not having received a verbal from a "big" at this point in the recruiting cycle. Also, the "fans" are not aware of the Friars having a chance with a quality "big" as the fall recruiting cycle comes to an end.
Your comments could not be more off-base. Cooley has been taking more and more heat over the past few years as expectations have risen. There are certainly those who blindly follow, but I would say they are soundly out-numbered by the objective and negative folk. Also, I don't recall anyone saying none of those recruits would play in Friartown. IPeople preferred to roll the dice. If you had a 25% chance at Ben Simmons, would you give someone else that scholarship? Probably not.
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:
eli#10 wrote:Another dose of much needed humility to our friends at Friartown. The fans on their board cannot figure out why bball recruit studs have not formed a line to be able to play with Kris Dunn and for Cooley who they are convinced "walks on water".
Your comments could not be more off-base. Cooley has been taking more and more heat over the past few years as expectations have risen. There are certainly those who blindly follow, but I would say they are soundly out-numbered by the objective and negative folk. Also, I don't recall anyone saying none of those recruits would play in Friartown. IPeople preferred to roll the dice. If you had a 25% chance at Ben Simmons, would you give someone else that scholarship? Probably not.

Cooley has absolutely been taking more heat lately over recruiting but, to be fair, all fan bases have people who blindly support the coach or are overly critical/concerned about the coach. I think part of the "humility" issue that was mentioned is rooted in the initial reaction towards the URI recruiting class, which was a bit dismissive of the recruits.

Personally, I find Cooley's recruiting strategy very interesting. He doesn't back down from any recruiting battles, no matter how highly ranked the recruit or who else is interested, and obviously does a good job of selling his program. Ultimately, it comes down to results and while the results don't appear to have been the same the last couple of seasons, I can't fault Cooley for chasing after highly ranked targets. I think the question becomes after how much time does the chasing top ranked prospects become counter-productive. Obviously, that's only something that Cooley and staff would be able to answer. With PC being a difficult place to recruit to, it would be interesting to track if his recruiting philosophy begins to change a little bit.
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Here's something to chew on...

I have some friends who have coached or are coaching in college. Often times what "lesser" programs do is "over-target" with a recruit or two...meaning go after a guy that is really a long shot for them. Often times, the kid may not even consider them...being he's a high-major prospect and the school is a mid-major. Why would they do this? Here are their reasons:

1) Who knows? They might hit it off and get "lucky" in recruiting...and the kid commits to them. (Adonal Foyle to Colgate)
2) The coaches may know something about the kid's grades, academics, test scores, etc. (Lamar Odom)
3) They may be establishing a relationship with the high school/AAU coach regarding the next recruit...a sophomore/junior who they have in the pipeline.
4) Lastly, and this is probably most important these days, is to create a relationship with the prospect in the event that things don't work out at the high-major college he ends up at. So if you're Drexel in Philly, you go after the local kid who committed to Maryland or Pitt. You tell him "hey, if it doesn't work out there give us a call. We're always looking to improve our program with kids like you. You can always come home." We all know that transfers are huge these days. Find me a roster that doesn't have a transfer on it. This is why URI would establish a relationship with the Murphy's.

It's not an idea that works for all programs. But if you're in a major city that produces a lot talent (Philly, Chicago, DC), it's pretty wise. Or if you're a program that's just a notch under where the big boys recruit (URI/PC), it's pretty wise. If you're in Olean, NY or Morehead, KY, forget about it. If you're Bryant or Mercer, forget about it.

But there's some merit to it if you're the right program in the right area.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Fair point but the examples you cite are more outliers than you mention

Adonal Foyle - believe his mom worked at Colgate
Lamar - the connection to JD who then became a URI asst

And Dunn and Ledo for PC are outliers - Dunn was unheralded early in high school and Cooley was in Fairfield and on him before anyone. He honored that loyalty which is rare but those are extenuating circumstances

And Ledo the most outlier in that he was a Top 25 kid who grew up in Providence. We know how often that happens

I don't think you can or should inform a recruiting strategy off of any of these situations Bc they are unique circumstances that can't be replicated.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Of course there are sometimes legitimate reasons to reach for a guy. There's always more to the recruiting game than the one guy you're after. That being said, recruiting resources- except for at the very top- are finite. Staff can only be at so many games during the live periods. You can bring in a lot of visitors to campus, but not everyone can be touted as high priority. You need to get enough back from your investments. Terrell's recruitment covers a lot of this discussion- Hurley had built a great relationship with him, so they were right there when he backed out at Oklahoma State. At the same time, they put a ton of time and effort into him that almost left them with nothing.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

A common theme on the friars board was that the URI recruits were not good enough for the friars and that there recruits would all be more highly rated than any one of ours...

...then as they lost kids to other schools they would denigrate the academics of the successful school, the fan base of that school, accuse the other school of cheating and making payoffs, start citing that the student would not qualify, and wonder why any kid would choose any other school over providence college...

.....the school is a mid-major as is the rest of the big east.....the fan base has to face reality......at least we know we are a mid-major...
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Yes, Adonal Foyle had a connection to Colgate. But so too does a certain kid who is now with Florida State whose mom has a strong basketball connection to URI. So the connection Foyle had with his parents' employer was no guarantee that he would go to Colgate.

I used Lamar as an example for academics. I'm sure there are others. Richie Parker had all types of legal troubles before playing at LIU. I believe Bonzi Wells ended up Ball State because Big Ten schools didn't think his grades were worth it.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Top recruit tears ACL in first game with Oah Hill Academy

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recru ... -tears-acl
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

ramster wrote:Top recruit tears ACL in first game with Oah Hill Academy

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/14058464/no-1-ranked-recruit-harry-giles-tears-acl
He was supposed to announce his college choice next week. Wonder if teams will back off.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Ramulous wrote:A common theme on the friars board was that the URI recruits were not good enough for the friars and that there recruits would all be more highly rated than any one of ours...
I don't recall anyone saying those guys weren't good enough, rather that they'd want to see their gun clip empty before celebrating what URI had landed. And even still outside of Layssard, you are telling me in April, there won't be some other guy being recruited by George Mason and Duquesne who is under-the-radar? Maybe Hurley is the genius who uncovered this talent no one else saw, maybe he recognizes the potential and can turn him into a key future contributor, or maybe the kid becomes a zero. There is no way of knowing how it turns out. But we will all have our preferences and what we would like our teams to do, I'm certainly not happy with the recruiting the past two seasons at PC, and at some point they need to land someone, but I'd rather them keep shooting high and hope to hit. If they don't, then find a guy who "wants to be there." But it's impossible to have the debate in real time, at the least you can start trash-talking philosophies after 2 years of seeing the kids in games?
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Revisionist history...there were more than a few posters saying PC fans would be losing their shit if they signed the guys we did. I guess we are reading that wrong but sure sounds like "they arent good enough for PC" to me.
All that said, everyone wants to shoot high but without an element of pragmatism that is a losing strategy for a school like PC or URI.
0 x
3wisemen
Jeff Kent

Unread post by 3wisemen »

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, RJ. Consider the following statements that you "don't recall":

-- I get the concern given the lack of verbals so far, but if that was our class, all the folks who bathe in negativity would be asking why Cooley is recruiting like Tim Welsh. Let's be patients and see where the chips fall. A class that include Keita and Marfo plus a pg is heads and tails above what URI has brought in so far.

-- If PC had the current uri class coming in, this board would implode.
They may turn out to be impact players; but I will take PCs 15 class over that any day

-- Yes, URI has gotten 3 recruits. But Tertsea was looking at George Mason and LaSalle. This kid was looking at George Mason, St. Bonaventure, and Duquesne. While it's certainly nice on paper to work hard to fix a position of need, Cooley would be getting destroyed if these were his frontcourt choices and he was leaving his program with zero percent chance at Keita, Gabriel, or Marfo. Those kids would be nice April and May pickups as last resort players on a staff that lost miserably on other key guys.

That's just a quick sample.
Oh yeah -- that last one was from you.
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Rhody74 wrote: Wonder if teams will back off.
Guess not.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recru ... 2016-class
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

3wisemen wrote:Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, RJ. Consider the following statements that you "don't recall":

-- I get the concern give the lack of verbals so far, but if that was our class, all the folks who bathe in negativity would be asking why Cooley is recruiting like Tim Welsh. Let's be patients and see where the chips fall. A class that include Keita and Marfo plus a pg is heads and tails above what URI has brought in so far.

-- If PC had the current uri class coming in, this board would implode.
They may turn out to be impact players; but I will take PCs 15 class over that any day

-- Yes, URI has gotten 3 recruits. But Tertsea was looking at George Mason and LaSalle. This kid was looking at George Mason, St. Bonaventure, and Duquesne. While it's certainly nice on paper to work hard to fix a position of need, Cooley would be getting destroyed if these were his frontcourt choices and he was leaving his program with zero percent chance at Keita, Gabriel, or Marfo. Those kids would be nice April and May pickups as last resort players on a staff that lost miserably on other key guys.

That's just a quick sample.
Oh yeah -- that last one was from you.
What is wrong with my statement? It hasn't changed at all. At the time, PC was chasing Gabriel (pipe-dream), Keita (slight chance), and Marfo (reasonable chance). They wanted at least one of the 3. If he used that spot on a guy like Tertsea or Langevin, you don't think the PC board would implode? Of course it would. Yes, I still believe in April or May, they could find some guy who was under-the-radar guy who Duquesne and George Mason and St. Bonaventure were battling for, someone who was a last resort to them because they missed on 15-something other kids and desperately needed a big. Layssard (or types like him) are the only one's who PC looks stupid for not pursuing harder for. The guys they thought they had chances at, the less-heralded 2nd tier guys, all chose elsewhere. Shame on them. But guys like Tertsea or Langevin? 150 other teams look stupid if they develop into studs.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Hey RJ--go back to your board and leave us alone. I think I was the one who raised the issues being discussed here. BAR and 3wisemen hit the nail on the head with how your board and you viewed our recruits. We (at least the vast majority of us) trust Hurley and the way he does things including recruiting. As I have said before PC supporters on your board need another large dose of humility. Here's hoping some more doses come in the spring recruiting cycle.
Do you have any official visits scheduled yet..............
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

PC's approach to this cycle will be validated or invalidated in a couple years, when we can see if whichever big they end up bringing in this cycle turns out to be better than all three of the bigs URI took. I like the guys we took and I like our chances in that comparison, but only time will tell.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

Early signing period begins on Wednesday.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I love our recruiting class.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

BFC wrote:Early signing period begins on Wednesday.
Yes, let's change those 4 verbals into signed NLIs.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Yeah, I'm always a little nervous until the NLIs are in.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!