Alex Murphy - Transferring From Duke

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Re: Alex Murphy - Transferring From Duke

Unread post by bigappleram »

SGreenwell wrote:
Keaney.Blue wrote:He won't be going to another ACC school like BC, transferring in conference is usually tough. Let's be realistic, he won't end up here. He'll probably end up at a place like Florida or Uconn
I think he has to take a step down in conference / team quality. If he thinks he can make it at one of those equivalent power recruiting schools, then why transfer in the first place?
agree, i cant sniff the court at duke but i am going to transfer to florida or uconn? both of those teams might be better than duke this year, and stocked for the future. i would assume a step down in some manner.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

bigappleram wrote:
SGreenwell wrote:
Keaney.Blue wrote:He won't be going to another ACC school like BC, transferring in conference is usually tough. Let's be realistic, he won't end up here. He'll probably end up at a place like Florida or Uconn
I think he has to take a step down in conference / team quality. If he thinks he can make it at one of those equivalent power recruiting schools, then why transfer in the first place?
agree, i cant sniff the court at duke but i am going to transfer to florida or uconn? both of those teams might be better than duke this year, and stocked for the future. i would assume a step down in some manner.
Well, to be fair, even UConn and Florida don't have Jabari Parker and a 5 star replacement for 2014-15 coming in. That being said, I agree it isn't worth the risk because those schools will recruit over you, too. BC and ND are ACC and those are two year waits, I think. I would think Davidson or URI would be good fits. He would get PT, for sure. I guess it depends on how much he wants to be near home. Also, Davidson is a very highly regarded degree. If you are giving up a Duke degree, there are worse colleges than Davidson.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

Uconn has a stud 3-4 in Hamilton coming in next year.
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Florida actually would offer playing time. The two starting forwards are seniors.
Playing time will be the number one consideration. You'd think he'd want to go to a team that will be winners for the next two years. I think URI or PC would have a better chance than Davidson.
Is closer to home a consideration?
If academics is a high priority then Davidson gets the edge...
It matters what he wants.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Pc has a strong class for next year am I right. So I don't think it would work out for him there. Maybe I'm ignorant but just a thought. Obviously he would play here. Wish I knew his academic approach since that plays a roll too.
0 x
GO RAMS