The Big Day - Which School does Jared Terrell Pick?

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.

Who does Terrell Pick Today?

Poll ended at 10 years ago

Cincinnati
No votes
Oklahoma State
41%
PC
No votes
URI
59%

Total votes: 29

ramster
Frank Keaney

The Big Day - Which School does Jared Terrell Pick?

Unread post by ramster »

Who Does Jared Terrell Select Today at 3pm EDT?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: The Big Day - Which School does Jared Terrell Pick?

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I picked URI, but expect the unexpected.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I voted with my heart .... alas, years of following the Red Sox and URI have made me a sports pessimist ....
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

So far, we've all voted with our heart......
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

This vote obviously will be a landslide, whether we believe our picks or not.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

My Pick is URI
-- PC has been out of the running for a long while
-- Cincinnati is not high on the list. New AAC Conference just getting started. Midwest School. Ehhh, no pizzazz with this option.
-- Oklahoma State. Top PG in Marcus Smart 1st Team AA BUT has already said leaving for NBA after this season - will be a lottery pick. Top 10-15 Program this year but that is this year. :cry:
Conference Games against: Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas Kansas State, Oklahoma, TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, West Virginia
Non Conference Games are nothing so great: :cry:
vs. Campbellsville (Ky.)
vs.TBA
vs. Mississippi Valley State
vs. Utah Valley
vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff
vs. Memphis (OSC non-bracketed game)
at South Florida
vs. Purdue
vs. Butler/Washington State
vs. LSU/Memphis/St. Joe's/Siena
vs. South Carolina
vs. Louisiana Tech
vs. Delaware State
vs. Colorado
vs. Robert Morris
Why move so far away where friends and family can just about only see you play on TV? :cry:
Long driving distances between cities in this part of the country. :cry:
What ties does a kid have to the area after graduation :cry:
Lot to give up to play so far way :cry:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketb ... gi-ferrell
URI Benefits:
- Close to home where friends and family can see him play all of his home games and then some :)
- Nothing beats having friends and family greeting you before and after games at the Ryan Center. :)
- Easy drive back home to Boston area for family. :)
- Program on the rise :)
- Great Head Coach :)
- Great Assistant Coaches :)
- Great spirit within the group of URI Players - they really like one another, have fun playing basketball and enjoy life :)
- Program that could potentially get huge publicity with going from 7 and 8 win seasons the past two years :)
- Potential NBA Prospect in 6'5" PG EC Mathews :)
- Potential for big name recruits to join program in 2014 Recruiting Year :)
- Potential to be the #1 Program in New England this year, next year and the year after:)
- Beautiful campus :)
- Professional Sports town 1 hour away with very successful programs :)
- Beaches :)
- Easy to come back to URI and visit after playing days are over :) - not so at Okie State :cry:
- Easy to talk Abu into transferring to URI once he sees how much success URI is having (Top 25 Program) :) and when he gets homesick playing away from home :?

URI would be the perfect decision for Jared Terrell. Decision is an easy one. :) :)
Last edited by ramster 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Hope you are right, ramster.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Ramster, one thing you did not consider...the sleaze factor.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Yeah, he's probably been made an offer he can't refuse..... 8-) :o :twisted:
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote:Ramster, one thing you did not consider...the sleaze factor.
No, I considered it. But the plusses for picking URI just far outnumber anything else.
Travis Ford, Training Facilities, Playing Facilities, T.Boone Pickins, etc, etc just don't seem to outweigh all of the potential plusses of going to URI.
So many guys go for the glitz these days and then end up transferring back home again and they would have been better off staying home in the first place. many, many examples of these that Danny and Preston and crew can point out to a guy like Jared. The current commaraderie of the players at URI is also a huge plus imho. College should be about having fun and making life long friendships too - don't think this is not being stressed to young Mr Terrell.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:Yeah, he's probably been made an offer he can't refuse..... 8-) :o :twisted:
More likely that someone in his "group" has been made an offer that he can't refuse.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:
No, I considered it. But the plusses for picking URI just far outnumber anything else.
Travis Ford, Training Facilities, Playing Facilities, T.Boone Pickins, etc, etc just don't seem to outweigh all of the potential plusses of going to URI.
So many guys go for the glitz these days and then end up transferring back home again and they would have been better off staying home in the first place. many, many examples of these that Danny and Preston and crew can point out to a guy like Jared. The current commaraderie of the players at URI is also a huge plus imho. College should be about having fun and making life long friendships too - don't think this is not being stressed to young Mr Terrell.
But what is better for Mr. Boswell?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote:
ramster wrote:
But what is better for Mr. Boswell?
What is better for Boswell is just exactly what is playing out.
All the hype.
Used to be BABC was the act in town for New England HS Elite Players. BABC won the EYBL Champioship with guys like Nerlens Noel, Georges Niang, Jalen brantley, Rene Castro, Wayne Selden, Goodluck Okonoboh, Andrew Chabascz - Coached by, and still Coached by Leo Papile...Now you have Expressions Elite playing in the EYBL and recruiting strong players. This whole PR thing today with both players announcing at the Reggie Lewis Center is all part of the choreography and pizzazz. All planned out not just for Abu and Terrell but even moreso for Boswell and how he attracts players for his teams of the future to Elite Expressions. Today is the biggest day in NCAA Men's College Basketball with this Press Conference - and Boswell will be lovin it.
If the insinuation is that money is being given to these kids illegally then I am not buying that. It is illegal. Has been done in the past but it is still illegal and the ramifications if caught are severe.
Boswell is playing the game - and doing well for his Expressions Program.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

I think this press conference is MUCH MORE about Boswell than the kids...and I didn't say THE KIDS might be getting paid off....
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Abu has been taking quite a few trips lately(and not official visits). Does he come from an affluent family? I don't know, maybe he does?
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Probably reading too much into Twitter like most of us do, but yesterday he retweeted someone that had said "ppl are always scared to take risks but that's what life's all about". I would love to believe that Rhode Island in the eyes of many would be considered the risk here and the Jared is willing to take it. Voted RI
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote:I think this press conference is MUCH MORE about Boswell than the kids...and I didn't say THE KIDS might be getting paid off....
OK, so you are saying Boswell might be getting something? But is it Abu's life, career and his decision. Don't know why Boswell would influence the decision since Abu is a very intelligent guy who is very, very capable of making his own quality decision.
I have seen Abu and Terrell play at least 5 times for Expressions Elite and these guys are quality players and quality individuals.
I would still say that any money Boswell gets out of this other than the publicity itself is abolutely illegal.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Who cares if it's illegal? Prove it.
You think Abu jumping all over the East Coast is his idea?
You think this dog and pony show today were the kid's idea?
Boswell's resume benefits by both these kids going to BCS
schools.
I've said this in PMs to some people long before today.
I can say it today, because it doesn't matter who reads this.
Cooley killed himself recruiting Abu. Preston and later, Dan killed themselves
recruiting Terrell.
All of a sudden, they lose out to BCS schools?
Follow the logic. Who's pulling the strings?
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I picked OSU mainly because I'm always wrong. That's what's so right about me.
Sure hope my record continues....
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rodfromcranston wrote:Who cares if it's illegal? Prove it.
You think Abu jumping all over the East Coast is his idea?
You think this dog and pony show today were the kid's idea?
Boswell's resume benefits by both these kids going to BCS
schools.
I've said this in PMs to some people long before today.
I can say it today, because it doesn't matter who reads this.
Cooley killed himself recruiting Abu. Preston and later, Dan killed themselves
recruiting Terrell.
All of a sudden, they lose out to BCS schools?
Follow the logic. Who's pulling the strings?
No, I clearly stated it was for Boswell's benefit. It was not the kid's idea. This whole thing is vor Boswell and Expressions ELite to get publicity. This Baseball Cap thing goes on a lot.
I could say the same thing, prove that they someone did receive monetary benefit.
And I don't think that all of a sudden they are losing Abu and Terrell to BCS schools. PC has not been in the running for Abu or Terrel - they did not just lose them.
Cooley has been at Expressions Elite games to where he is a fixture at their games - but these guys are not going to PC.
I still think URI lands Terrell - if they don't I might jump on the "system is corrupt" bandwagon with the group.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Wow, Ramster, that's pretty impressive, just three hours before the BIG PRESS CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially, as all media are reporting OSU for Terrell….But then again, maybe the kid has a conscience and a moment of lucidity and sees through all of this garbage.
Whatever!!!!!
In end-effect, I commend Coaches Hurley and Murphy -- and the rest of the staff and players -- for doing their utmost to improve day-after-day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KEEP-UP THE FANTASTIC WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
0 x