'14 WI PG - Jarvis Garrett (URI Signed LOI)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: '14 WI PG - Jarvis Garrett (URI Signed LOI)

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Exactly what I want from my PG...

Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein · 3h
Impressed with URI's Jarvis Garrett after watching him yesterday in person. Frosh PG has some Tyreek Duren in his game. Makes people better.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

0 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Love it!!!!! He looks great in Rhody gear. Locker room looks great.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

This guy is a man. Just wanted that on the record. 12/6/6 in the biggest game of his life so far? Yes, please.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

His shot all year hit the rim soft and he was lethal from the elbow area. Was only so much time till he shot like he did in the A10s.

I think his step forward could be the biggest for this team over the summer.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Ramsey
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Ramsey »

Just wanted to give everyone an update. I was able to get into the RC for a couple hours today, visiting a family member. heres a couple quick observations.

1. Jarvis was on crutches. I was up in the 300s so I couldn't exactly tell what was wrong or if he had a cast or anything on but he was walking gingerly on crutches. anybody got any ideas??

2. Jared is committed to becoming one of the best to ever suit up in keaney blue. When I walked into the RC, Jared was by himself on the court working on his left hand and handle by doing cone drills. He legit went at it for 2 hrs, all by himself. One of the members of security told me that Jared has been in there every morning and afternoon doing the same cone drills and working on his shooting and conditioning. He also said that nobody else has put in half the work that Jared has been putting in. Very exciting news. Love it.

3. Got to watch ARD walk in. I almost cried. The security guard I talked to, said he hadn't seen Tone in the RC yet. he walked right out to mid court, took one big look around with a gigantic smile on his face. He is ready to rumble that's for sure. You could see the excitement in his face.

4.ARD walked in with Andre Berry and Four Mcglynn. As I was leaving, ARD was helping Jared through his drills and Berry was coming out on the court for his workout. Mcglynn was at the other end of the court shooting threes.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Good stuff Ramsey, thanks for the update! I did notice Jarvis tweet something the other day about a minor setback, and was curious what it was but didn't want to create any hysteria around here and have conspiracy theories get started. So I am sure the injury was it. Better to happen now then in November, plenty of time to recover.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

1. Jarvis was on crutches. I was up in the 300s so I couldn't exactly tell what was wrong or if he had a cast or anything on but he was walking gingerly on crutches. anybody got any ideas??
Hope it's not something serious. Better now than in October.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I take the words from him "a minor setback" to mean a fairly short term injury, like a sprained ankle.

Long time until practice officially begins.
0 x
URI_IEP
Lamar Odom

Unread post by URI_IEP »

Rhody74 wrote:
Hope it's not something serious. Better now than in October.
Rarely does an avatar so perfectly match a comment :D
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

You got a problem with me, IEP?
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Ramsey wrote:
sounds like something minor like a rolled ankle
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: '14 WI PG - Jarvis Garrett (URI Verbal Commit)

TruePoint wrote: 10 years ago Billyboy has been on this kid's recruitment almost as much as Preston haha
Yes, I was. :lol:
0 x