Eligibility

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Eligibility

Unread post by eli#10 »

Does anyone know FOR SURE the status of our 3 recruits for the upcoming year?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Eligibility

Unread post by TruePoint »

What?
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Well, in face to face conversations with Dan Hurley and Preston Murphy, there were no mentions of any concerns related to eligibility of the 3 freshmen. Also, no concerns for the 4 players who sat out last season and practiced with the team.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I don't think there is any reason to raise a question about the status of any player or group of players unless you have a specific reason to do so. I don't think its appropriate. I don't think you'd like it if I randomly started a thread to ask whether anyone knows if Eli has been arrested recently for selling crack.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Eli's been arrested for selling crack? Wowie! Wow!
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Eli's been arrested for selling crack? Wowie! Wow!
Wow, Payton and Archie aren't going to be happy.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Maybe LT will want to come back?
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
daytonflyerfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by daytonflyerfan »

TruePoint wrote:I don't think there is any reason to raise a question about the status of any player or group of players unless you have a specific reason to do so. I don't think its appropriate. I don't think you'd like it if I randomly started a thread to ask whether anyone knows if Eli has been arrested recently for selling crack.
I think this thread is appropriate, recruits being ineligible is always a possibility. It seems like you never know for sure if they are eligible until there is a formal announcement or until school actually starts.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I think you can be safe in assuming that no news is good news. If you have a reason to ask the question, then by all means. But threads like this lead to people telling their buddies that "there are questions about the incoming freshmen's eligibility according to the URI board," which is how rumors get started. I feel the same way about asking questions about whether a guy will transfer based on nothing. There is no reason to ask the question based on everything I know right now. If someone does know differently, then by all means please feel free to share. But in the absence of a basis for asking the question, its inappropriate in my opinion. (Note that I didn't delete the thread, because it is my personal opinion and not necessarily the position of the board. But I reserve the right to express my opinion.)
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I agree. Given the quality of some of the sources members of this board have, no news is very good news. Let's not start worrying about things just because of how Baron ran the program.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Rod and Billyboy, you guys get credit for the laugh of the day. That was pretty funny. And you made your point.
0 x