'13 Chicago PF - Alex Foster (Texas Tech)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: '13 Chicago PF - Alex Foster

Unread post by ace »

Committed to Texas Tech. Not a surprise, stayed with the coach who got him the first time.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

RATS! Wow! Came here and decided to go to TT the next day.
OK, so save the scholarship for 2014, unless they can somehow
reel in DJ Foreman.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Hey, glad he came here and we were involved -- all before Dan even won anything in Kingston. Let's see how next season's recruiting looks when we are a buzzworthy program.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: '13 Chicago PF - Alex Foster (Texas Tech Commit)

Unread post by ace »

Bright side- it looks like two spots will be open for the '14 class. Get them in early like Matthews and Martin or get creative like Onyekaba instead of taking what's left from '13.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

He had the one-on-one treatment with Dan Hurley. Went with Tubby Smith, the man who first nabbed him. Maybe Foster saw that he wouldn't get PT, maybe he couldn't make the commitment, MAYBE FOSTER DIDN'T GET THE FINAL OFFER TO SIGN…..ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE?????
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Congrats to Alex on finding the right fit for him. I'm glad he gave us a look and wish him the best at TT. Would have liked to add him, but I'm not upset about carrying that scholarship into next recruiting season. Impressive job nonetheless by the staff to get involved late.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

TruePoint wrote:Congrats to Alex on finding the right fit for him. I'm glad he gave us a look and wish him the best at TT. Would have liked to add him, but I'm not upset about carrying that scholarship into next recruiting season. Impressive job nonetheless by the staff to get involved late.
I agree. Very impressive. Obviously, we had to be fighting an uphill battle considering the relationship that Tubby had with via Minn.

Even with that, Coach was able to convince him to come and take a look and listen; Hurley is a credible, impressive human being and it shows

Kudos to Dan!!!
0 x