'14 Nigerian Center - Paschal Chukwu (PC)

Talk about future recruits and scouting efforts in this forum.
Forum rules
If you start a recruit thread and don't set up a profile, make a blank post first so a profile can be added later.

Place whatever you were going to post in the second post.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: '14 Nigerian Center - Paschal Chukwu (PC Verbal)

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:Agree with that assessment. I feel like a lot of people see "Top 100" and think "Instant Impact," but especially with big men that is rarely the case. Despite being a Top 75 recruit, he is still very much a project. If he comes in his freshman year and gives you 15-20 mpg at 5 ppg, 5 rpg, and 2.5 bpg, that should be considered a success. You won't see much on offense besides alley-oops and uncontested dunks/layups, and on defense you will see a lot of blocks but not always the best fundamentals. That said, you hope by his junior year he's the type of guy whose close to a double-double with 3.5 or 4 blocks a night.
Pretty much the same thing we're hoping for from Hare.
0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Re: '14 Nigerian Center - Paschal Chukwu (PC Verbal)

Unread post by Bos8 »

What makes this a great get has nothing to do with his skill set. There are very few humans with his combination of height and mobility. I saw him play this summer and I was impressed. He will really allow the guards to be aggressive defensively on the perimeter and allow Coach Cooley to do different things pressure wise.
0 x