Game #24: Duquesne University

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Re: Game #24: Duquesne University

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

A very nice win. It's all something to build on. Condolences to Dukes fan Clamcake, wherever he is.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Way to go Nik Malesovic and URI !!
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Finally reporting back from the game, I was able to attend but I think I was literally the only Ram fan in the building...all the more reason to be loud and proud and wave my old-school Seawright jersey around. I've been at away games several times before, but always with a group. Severely awkward to give a standing O during player introductions by yourself...

Some points...
Nik won that game for us. As inconsistent and frustrating as he has been this (and last) year, he really came through for us last night.
Hare had a wonderful second half, great to see him handle some excellent passes and make good clean finishes.
Colter on DU is an excellent guard. I feel like he's the kind of guy that can be a top-flight A10 guard that might give us problems for the next four years, they have some quality young players.
Marhold absolutely handled us inside. I'm really surprised that DU didn't go to him more. Anytime he got the ball in the post he was quick enough to go right around Hare/Aaman/Brookes if the help defense didn't come quickly enough.
Loved to see Hurley coaching up the guys in person and complain about every call that I did.
Unbelievable that no foul was called when the guy shoved TJ in the back as he was letting the ball bounce out of bounds with about 5 seconds left. Play happened right in front of me, and I think the ball may have even touched out of bounds already when he was shoved. Should have been 2 shots and ball for Rhody, there was no call for that play.

All in all, great night spent watching the Rams, shame I won't be able to do it in person until next season, but very glad I was able to see a win!
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

sf2010 wrote:Colter on DU is an excellent guard. I feel like he's the kind of guy that can be a top-flight A10 guard that might give us problems for the next four years.
Just saw that he was named A-10 Rookie of the Week this week.
0 x