Replays?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Roz
ARD

Replays?

Unread post by Roz »

Is there anyway to see a streaming replay of the game? Missed it but have the cox premium package and was hoping they would allow a reply. Can't seem to find where though...

How hard would it be to let us have on demand replay games??
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: Replays?

Unread post by adam914 »

Absolutely no reason that there shouldnt be archived games as part of a paid product.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

adam914 wrote:Absolutely no reason that there shouldnt be archived games as part of a paid product.
Well I think they could allow customers who pay for the package to watch the game for a certain amount of time after the live broadcast, like 24 hours. I don't think that is asking too much. Rhody Rampage facebook was able to replay the final play.
0 x
URI_IEP
Lamar Odom

Unread post by URI_IEP »

Game Winner

0 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Great job. Hurley was half way on the floor as Dayton was brigning the ball up. Was he trying to call time out?
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

what i'm looking for is Steve McDonalds call of the 3 at the end (I can only imagine how much he was flipping out)
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I don't see any indication that Hurley was trying to call a TO.
watching the replay, X had beaten all the URI players down the floor so there was no pass option. He had to do what he did.
If I'm Archie Miller, i double team X on the inbounds instead of having someone cover the player inbounding the ball.
Steve's call of the game was good. (His questioning of Coach Carr after the game, however, was madding with his trademark 10-minute questions).
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Not that I mind, but I think we have the longest post game show ever.
It was still going, when we pulled into our driveway in Cranston.
Amazing how everything is more fun, when there's a win.
We now have as many wins as last season.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

twisted3829 wrote:what i'm looking for is Steve McDonalds call of the 3 at the end (I can only imagine how much he was flipping out)
Post game shows are hosted on-demand on whjj's site, like the radio shows from the mews....

http://www.920whjj.com/player/?mid=22880655
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

I just found it, the call itself is at about the 23 minute mark for anyone who wants to hear Mcdonald flip out lol
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

twisted3829 wrote:I just found it, the call itself is at about the 23 minute mark for anyone who wants to hear Mcdonald flip out lol
Its also at the very beginning.
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Yeah, right at the top they played it.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Thanks for the replay. My only critique would have been playing the ball screen differently on the made Dayton three. Have to funnel to the hoop up three with ten seconds left. Obviously, would have liked to see Rhody foul at the end. Apparently, Hurley wanted that, too. Got to have that be second nature. And that is only through practice and experience. You can tell they were amped up after the X make but realizing clock and score in that situation is big. I'll say one thing about X, he has some guts. No chance he was passing that ball. Good for him.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

they got back on defense that was big, and the Dillard hit an nba range 3 to tie it
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

twisted3829 wrote:they got back on defense that was big, and the Dillard hit an nba range 3 to tie it
Right. Watch these guys in warmups. Most college guards can make that without it really being contested. It's all about the odds. Would you rather a D-1 guard get a clean look to tie (even from NBA range) or force them inside the arc and take your chances on them scoring, fouling properly, and scoring again in under ten seconds.
The last play is the same thing. You see this in college hoops all the time. Guys make that shot. Maybe it is only 10-20% of the time but that's way more than the chances of them making first FT, missing second, getting board, and putting it back with two seconds left. Have to foul and let it play out.
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Just watched the replay about 10 times in a row. Nothing better than watching Rhody hit a late-game winner
0 x