Why I Love This Board...

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Why I Love This Board...

Unread post by sf2010 »

Is because it's the best place for me to come to discuss Rhody basketball with other fans. Talking about the team, the coaching, the games, future prospects and past memories. Why I DON'T love this board at times is when the conversation is dominated with arguing and pointless back-and-forth with posters like superfly, peeps4life, and (in the past) Brutus.

I have nothing against these individuals or their posts and appreciate their willingness to put forward alternative viewpoints, but I get disappointed when the conversation that I love and look forward to partaking in is limited because many posters spend much of their time arguing in circles about if URI or PC is better (and then resorting to personal shots and name-calling) or debating the "fanhood" of individuals like GBG.

I recognize how it's worthwhile to discuss conference realignment and Hurley's future, but I do not appreciate what those conversations have become. I am grateful to have this board as a resource to get my fix of Rhody hoops, and I hope it will continue to be as awesome in the future as it has been in the past.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Re: Why I Love This Board...

Unread post by twisted3829 »

there is some give and take with the bored, I haven't read the big east thread since page 5 and just ignore it.
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

sf, I'll be glad when we get back to discussing BASKETBALL.
This conference realignment drives me nuts. We can't do a blessed thing about it, anyway.
Most of the problem was with PC fans coming here an lording it over us, about how great they were
going to become and how we were stuck in basketball purgatory.
I don't mind Sean, he's been here since day one. Superfly isn't a bad guy, but he never lets up.
GBG? Don't know what his deal is. He's the new Gandy. Or the old Gandy, to be more accurate.
I'm thrilled about what I see and hear. Maybe I am drinking the Koolaide. Time will tell.
Having Rhody Ram basketball once again, become a 24/7 365 days a year proposition, is wonderful.
Getting into the recuiting is something I haven't done since Jim Harrick was here.
Having a coach who I can ask any question, who looks me in the eye when he answers, means plenty.
He's a regular guy, and so is his brother, and Preston and Jim Carr and Kevin Tirone and all the staff that I've had
the pleasure of meeting.
The entire Athletic Department is so different from the old days. These are people with ideas and enthusiasm.
They like the fans, and embrace us, rather than keep us at arms length.
There is so much positive happening. Let's enjoy it, and worry about realignment and coaches leaving, some other time.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Consider using the "Foe" feature where you can hide posts from individuals who diminish your KeaneyBlue experience. Just open the user's profile and click the Foe link under their avatar. Their posts will be hidden for you unless you specifically choose to view them on an individual basis.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EasyEdBrown »

I get the sinking feeling Rod is torn between not wanting to censor dissent to wanting to compile a Nixonian enemies list.
0 x
"it makes me smile knowing the A10 is doomed" --Brutus
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Some people want instant censorship. Some want an enemies list that goes on forever.
I also don't find the "fee, fie, foe" option anything more than being an ostrich way out.
If you're asking me what I want, I'll tell you.
I want INSTANT FOREVER!
Last edited by rodfromcranston 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
EasyEdBrown
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EasyEdBrown »

That response was so awesome I want to find a BFF button and click it.
0 x
"it makes me smile knowing the A10 is doomed" --Brutus
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I love this board as well

The cast of characters we have on it crack me up

I always look forward to checking it every day if possible
0 x
bpaz11
Steve Chubin

Unread post by bpaz11 »

While I don't post as much as I had in past years, I still love this board and the conversations on it. I check it daily and some times multiple times during the day. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here and I love reading most of the posts. When arguments begin to ensue in a thread I just stop reading that thread. Especially like Rod said when its things out of our control like conference realignment.
0 x
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

The conference realignment issue is so fluid, it's hard to see how it will shape out. I think we all suspect X and Butler will go, maybe Dayton. I would not downplay it as a topic, though. It will have a profound effect on URI basketball at some point.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

bpaz11 wrote:While I don't post as much as I had in past years, I still love this board and the conversations on it. I check it daily and some times multiple times during the day. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on here and I love reading most of the posts. When arguments begin to ensue in a thread I just stop reading that thread. Especially like Rod said when its things out of our control like conference realignment.
Everything we discuss on this board is out of our control. I understand not everyone is interested in discussing conference realignment but it is a relevant topic and is already having a huge impact. I actually don't even mind the PC perspective on that one topic but when they veer off and start a string of post after post on why Hurley is going to leave URI, it's annoying. I'm much more indifferent to PC than most on this board, but even those that care about what's going on with PC and their fans, can't really care about their opinions on that.

I like the foe option even though I haven't used it yet but as long as the people who come here to just start trouble get responses, our threads still get off-topic but I assume that's a problem on any board.
0 x
peeps4life
Kenny Green

Unread post by peeps4life »

glad to be a part of your board experience:

http://www.masslive.com/sports/index.ss ... tryin.html
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

So what? He inherited a loaded roster, with five transfers, including two 6'10"
mobile centers and Sosa, his best shooter.
What are you thinking? That any of us are lamenting Baron leaving, or are you just here busting
balls?
0 x
peeps4life
Kenny Green

for informational purposes only. lucky for me, welsh never coached again.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rodfromcranston wrote:So what? He inherited a loaded roster, with five transfers, including two 6'10"
mobile centers and Sosa, his best shooter.
What are you thinking? That any of us are lamenting Baron leaving, or are you just here busting
balls?
What do you think, Rod? This guy is a PC fan from the PC Message board. Got to love these guys coming over here and tormenting URI posters.
0 x
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

There'd better be a cardiologist for Rod if Baron somehow gets to the Big Dance in his first year at Canisius after a decade of failure at URI. I doubt he will. And I don't think anyone is mourning his departure, well, maybe one or two.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

BFC, I agree with the view you expressed except the PC part. I have no respect for that school because over the years I have been privy to lots of close information that provides an interesting picture of how they operate. I am talking about things more than just athletics. The bulk of this viewpoint is from people not connected with URI at all, most of whom are from out-of-state which is what makes it so damaging. On the URI side, I have seen first hand how PC operates in addition to stories I have heard. My information outside URI is up to date. My URI information, however, is not current and dates through the McElroy years.
0 x
peeps4life
Kenny Green

Obadiah wrote:BFC, I agree with the view you expressed except the PC part. I have no respect for that school because over the years I have been privy to lots of close information that provides an interesting picture of how they operate. I am talking about things more than just athletics. The bulk of this viewpoint is from people not connected with URI at all, most of whom are from out-of-state which is what makes it so damaging. On the URI side, I have seen first hand how PC operates in addition to stories I have heard. My information outside URI is up to date. My URI information, however, is not current and dates through the McElroy years.

please... do tell, internet man.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

Obadiah wrote:BFC, I agree with the view you expressed except the PC part. I have no respect for that school because over the years I have been privy to lots of close information that provides an interesting picture of how they operate. I am talking about things more than just athletics. The bulk of this viewpoint is from people not connected with URI at all, most of whom are from out-of-state which is what makes it so damaging. On the URI side, I have seen first hand how PC operates in addition to stories I have heard. My information outside URI is up to date. My URI information, however, is not current and dates through the McElroy years.
But even if you hate PC, you don't want their fan's perspective on every topic we try to talk about. Right now, there's 3 or 4 threads that have turned into back and forth arguments with PC fans mostly having nothing to do with the actual topic. I wouldn't care if there was a PC Fan vs. URI Fan thread that I could I just ignore but the last day or two, it's starting to be like the old Projo board.
0 x
RhodyRam2011
Abdul Fox

Unread post by RhodyRam2011 »

Honestly though, I rather have some PC perspectives at this point, than completely bias delusional ones that we keep throwing out there. – or it is at least a draw. We go off the realistic cliff all the time and never allow criticism. People that think the A-10 is going to be better off then we are now after expansion are off their rocker, and anyone who thinks Baron's tenure didn’t have good moments is out of their mind. Let’s be serious.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Totally agree with that opinion also, BFC. The fact that they have to come here on this and other subjects is very telling. You don't see URI fans on their board.

RR2011, I concur with some of your comments. I welcome balanced views and some PC fans may have them, but they are not the one frequenting this board. No one really here knows the details of what is being discussed in the BE, C7 or A-10 meetings. No one.

Only a special type of fan from another school come onto a rival's message board with the intent to taunt. Supply your own adjectives to describe them.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyRam2011 wrote:Honestly though, I rather have some PC perspectives at this point, than completely bias delusional ones that we keep throwing out there. – or it is at least a draw. We go off the realistic cliff all the time and never allow criticism. People that think the A-10 is going to be better off then we are now after expansion are off their rocker, and anyone who thinks Baron's tenure didn’t have good moments is out of their mind. Let’s be serious.
Ok,
NOBODY said the A10 would be better off with Butler, St Louis, Xavier, Dayton, Temple leaving the for Catholic 7. Show me where I said that. Show me where anybody said that.
The point is clearly made that the A10 will survive and teams will be invited to join the A10. There are some here though that seem to think the A10 will fall apart. My point is that the A10 will survive and be fine............it will not go into demise. That is not saying it will be better.
0 x
peeps4life
Kenny Green

ramster wrote:
RhodyRam2011 wrote:Honestly though, I rather have some PC perspectives at this point, than completely bias delusional ones that we keep throwing out there. – or it is at least a draw. We go off the realistic cliff all the time and never allow criticism. People that think the A-10 is going to be better off then we are now after expansion are off their rocker, and anyone who thinks Baron's tenure didn’t have good moments is out of their mind. Let’s be serious.
Ok,
NOBODY said the A10 would be better off with Butler, St Louis, Xavier, Dayton, Temple leaving the for Catholic 7. Show me where I said that. Show me where anybody said that.
The point is clearly made that the A10 will survive and teams will be invited to join the A10. There are some here though that seem to think the A10 will fall apart. My point is that the A10 will survive and be fine............it will not go into demise. That is not saying it will be better.
no but what has been said is that the new version of the a10 will be "desirable"...
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

SO WHAT? Desirable. You don't like the word? Too damned bad.
This conference has lost Pitt, Villanova, Rutgers, VA Tech and West Virginia.
Did they survive? Hell yeah! Did they get muliple bids, when merited. Ditto.
So take your smug attitude and go back to the Scout board.
You expect us to grovel before the insults you toss at us?
Think again!
0 x
peeps4life
Kenny Green

you can't keep losing every good team the conference has ever had and just have the expectation of replacing them with equivalents... don't you see what just happened to the big east? are you that out of your mind?
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

It's very easy to drop cryptic innuendo about people or institutions. Put up or shut up.
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

I find it incredibly ironic that a topic I started lamenting how consistently good posters with valuable opinions were devolving each topic into circular arguments about realignment/URIvsPC/who-called-who-what-name-first is becoming just that...
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Guilty as charged, sir!
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

OK, I'll ask the question of the PC visitors, why are you so concerned that URI fans might have an unrealistic opinion of the A-10 after the C-7 realignment?
I can understand visiting and responding but at this point you're following posters to other threads that aren't even on that topic to tell them how wrong they are. Why do you care so much?
0 x
peeps4life
Kenny Green

i do the same thing to delusional pc fans of which plenty exist.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

BFC wrote:OK, I'll ask the question of the PC visitors, why are you so concerned that URI fans might have an unrealistic opinion of the A-10 after the C-7 realignment?
I can understand visiting and responding but at this point you're following posters to other threads that aren't even on that topic to tell them how wrong they are. Why do you care so much?
1 - Anytime I post in a thread other than realignment, 99.9% its on topic, although it's rare I post in other threads. I keep an eye on URI now that my brother will be going there, and while I won't say I personally wish them the best, I do wish for them to succeed for the sake of my brother and the rest of the class of 2017. Having a good college program is great for a "college experience."

2 - Why did URI fans want to rub realignment in the face of PC fans when word first broke? Why did RI fans wish PC the worst during the early stages of realignment? I believe I have been very fair and consistent in my points. I wish that PC and URI would be in the same conference of 16 teams -- That would be my ideal conference at this point in time. However, when someone calls a watered down A-10 "very desirable," that raises yahooism and I had to call it out.

Do I really think the A-10 will crash and burn? Hell no, I'm sure it will be fine. I just don't see it as "very desirable," although I'm sure it will be ok. I just wanted to call it out as such, and asked a question, which came across as negative but was simply a question and opinion.

And Rod, I constantly see you saying "we survived realignment before, we can do it again." Wouldnt you call it different circumstances? I mean, I was looking through some of the old standings. Rutgers was usually near the bottom of the A-10. Penn St. was usually near the middle. West Virginia performed near the top. Virginia Tech was near the middle to the bottom half. Pitt and 'Nova, didn't they leave when it was mostly Duquesne and football schools? While you did lose football schools, they were never what I would consider top dogs. Temple was usually a very good program. UMASS had a good run for some years. George Washington was good for a lot of years in the 90s. Xavier came in and was effective. I think the difference I personally see is while you did lose programs, the basketball programs were more than capable of being successful, as they were the ones for the most part being successful in the basketball conference, not the football schools. Is this the first basketball-only raid? That is where I think it will hurt more than anything. But then again, I wasn't alive, and I'm just looking at historical stats.

I'm sure you could detail better, and further.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

VATech had some great NCAA teams in the late 90's, so you're wrong.
Pitt was very successful in the Eastern 8. Nova, less so.
I forgot Penn State.
Villanova plays football on URI's level division wise.
The A-10 will pick up schools and soldier on. But, keep rubbing your hands in
anticipation of its demise.
As for rubbing into PC fans, who even post on your board, except one guy who labels himself a URI fan,
but thinks he's too good for this board?
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

rodfromcranston wrote: As for rubbing into PC fans, who even post on your board, except one guy who labels himself a URI fan,
It was a generalization (not just on our board) of the sentiment sent off from URI fans ecstatic over the prospect that PC could end up screwed an in the gutter of some America East wannabe conference, that the A-10 had a chance to absorb all or most of the C7, and let the "less desirables" find their own way, and that after years of PC riding the Big East high-horse, they would come crashing down into some conference making way less money and facing significantly lesser competition.

URI fans were excited on every level that PC's world was crashing, until it became blatantly obvious the domino effect that was going to happen and how it would in turn hurt URI.

I'm not going to come on here and brag about that. I'll discuss it (and obviously I'm on a different side of the coin opinion wise), but I've always maintained I would love in this situation for PC and URI to end up in the same conference as a natural rivalry. That is not going to happen, doesn't mean I don't want it to happen.

However, some URI fans wonder why other PC fans want to rub it in? The URI hate on PC when this first happened was a big reason why.
0 x
peeps4life
Kenny Green

rjsuperfly66 wrote:
rodfromcranston wrote: As for rubbing into PC fans, who even post on your board, except one guy who labels himself a URI fan,
It was a generalization (not just on our board) of the sentiment sent off from URI fans ecstatic over the prospect that PC could end up screwed an in the gutter of some America East wannabe conference, that the A-10 had a chance to absorb all or most of the C7, and let the "less desirables" find their own way, and that after years of PC riding the Big East high-horse, they would come crashing down into some conference making way less money and facing significantly lesser competition.

URI fans were excited on every level that PC's world was crashing, until it became blatantly obvious the domino effect that was going to happen and how it would in turn hurt URI.

I'm not going to come on here and brag about that. I'll discuss it (and obviously I'm on a different side of the coin opinion wise), but I've always maintained I would love in this situation for PC and URI to end up in the same conference as a natural rivalry. That is not going to happen, doesn't mean I don't want it to happen.

However, some URI fans wonder why other PC fans want to rub it in? The URI hate on PC when this first happened was a big reason why.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

It's been a while since I've posted, but been reading about this. I've been excited, ever since Hurley came to town, and I feel for the fist time in a very long time, that the URI administration really wants the program to succeed. I was excited when Butler and VCU joined the league. The Atlantic 10 has been in flux and through many changes since we first joined in the early 80s. I agree with Rod, in that it's great to be talking and excited about basketball. How long the Hurleys stay at URI and how potential conference changes affect the future of the A10 is beyond our control and worthless to worry about. Having said that, I honestly can't blame the non football 7 from leaving the Big East. They've been pushed around by the football schools long enough, so good for them for taking that stance. If that league (whatever they'll be called), ends up taking some or all of Butler, Xavier, Dayton, VCU, and SLU, then, yes it'll be unfortunate, but until that happens, those teams are still in the Atlantic 10 and that's who we are playing. Like Rod says, there's nothing any of us can do about it. We play the teams on our schedule. The thing we can control is getting excited about Rhody Hoops again and look forward to the future of Rhody basketball.

I think we did take a small step backwards when Billy Baron decided to leave again and when Holton pulled his escapade. I think we'd be a better team with those two, but I think with the administration and the people in charge right now, we can build and are heading in the right direction, regardless of what happens with the conference.

Now, beat UD!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

All this speculation about realignment, is STILL just that, speculation. Yes, there are indications that certain things will happen. But they haven't happened yet.

When this all shakes out, my guess is things won't be as bad as they could be for the A10 and URI.

It won't be all seashells and balloons either.

Somewhere in the middle. It won't end up a disaster for the A10, but it won't be as good as things are now.

That much is obvious.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Hey, ATP, any chance at a Like type button similar to facebook? There's a couple of posts that I wanted to like ;)
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Stevie123, welcome back!
I remember you said your mother saw games at Rodman Hall.
Big win coming tomorrow!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

peeps4life wrote:you can't keep losing every good team the conference has ever had and just have the expectation of replacing them with equivalents... don't you see what just happened to the big east? are you that out of your mind?
come on peeps,
nobody expects to replace Xavier, Temple, Dayton, St Louis and Butler with "equivalents" as you say.

These A10 Teams will do very well in the Catholic 7.
Here is how the standings are now for the C7:
2. Georgetown 8-3
3. Marquette 8-3
8. St Johns 7-5
10. Villanova 6-5
11. PC 4-7
13. Seton Hall 2-9
14. Depaul 1-9
Butler, Temple, St Louis and Xavier will normally battle towards the top of this current group with Dayton in the middle.
Will be a good basketball centered league - but not of the traditional Big East powerhouse that included West Virginia, Syracuse, UCONN, Virginia Tech, etc.
0 x
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Actually, there probably is no more important issue on this board than conference realignment. It will have a big bearing on URI's future and Hurley's ability to recruit.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

peeps4life wrote:i do the same thing to delusional pc fans of which plenty exist.
Debating with other PC fans on a PC board about PC topics makes sense. It still doesn't explain why you're spending so much time on a non-PC board debating non-PC topics with non-PC fans.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If Hurley's ability to "build a championship program" is hindered by the upcoming changes to the conference, then he's not long for here, once he has some success.

Like Rosie said, it affects EVERYTHING. It can't be understated. Not just Hurley's tenure here either. It's for the long term.

I'm hoping like hell the new BE is 10 teams, not 12. That's a big difference. Take a couple of our top teams, the conference will end up fine. Take them all, and.....

Need to find out what Dan and Bobby think....I'm sure they want to know, just like we do.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:1 - Anytime I post in a thread other than realignment, 99.9% its on topic, although it's rare I post in other threads. I keep an eye on URI now that my brother will be going there, and while I won't say I personally wish them the best, I do wish for them to succeed for the sake of my brother and the rest of the class of 2017. Having a good college program is great for a "college experience."

2 - Why did URI fans want to rub realignment in the face of PC fans when word first broke? Why did RI fans wish PC the worst during the early stages of realignment? I believe I have been very fair and consistent in my points. I wish that PC and URI would be in the same conference of 16 teams -- That would be my ideal conference at this point in time. However, when someone calls a watered down A-10 "very desirable," that raises yahooism and I had to call it out.

Do I really think the A-10 will crash and burn? Hell no, I'm sure it will be fine. I just don't see it as "very desirable," although I'm sure it will be ok. I just wanted to call it out as such, and asked a question, which came across as negative but was simply a question and opinion.
You might have stayed on topic but you don't have to look far to find other PC fans who haven't, see peeps in this very thread. I think you'll understand me lumping you together since you're lumping URI fans together.

Again I understand you responding to posts and as I said earlier in this thread, getting the PC perspective on realignment doesn't bother me but we're getting pounded by the unified PC perspective here. I'm not sure if you read all of the posts but there's alot of varying URI fan opinions on realignment and its effect on URI on this board. There seems to be one PC fan opinion posted repeatedly over and over. At what point will you feel you've made your point?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Ironic, but not even close to surprising, that this thread is also well on its way to being hijacked.

Please keep the pissing contest with PC trolls confined to the realignment thread (which I proudly had forgotten even existed) so I can continue to ignore it.

Thanks.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:If Hurley's ability to "build a championship program" is hindered by the upcoming changes to the conference, then he's not long for here, once he has some success.

Like Rosie said, it affects EVERYTHING. It can't be understated. Not just Hurley's tenure here either. It's for the long term.

I'm hoping like hell the new BE is 10 teams, not 12. That's a big difference. Take a couple of our top teams, the conference will end up fine. Take them all, and.....

Need to find out what Dan and Bobby think....I'm sure they want to know, just like we do.
There is some truth to this, Rambone, but talking/arguing in circles doesn't help anything. My preference is to let something happen first, then react to it.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Truepoint, you're right. We as fans will be the last to know when something happens.

Hopefully the A10 won't though.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

TruePoint wrote:Ironic, but not even close to surprising, that this thread is also well on its way to being hijacked.

Please keep the pissing contest with PC trolls confined to the realignment thread (which I proudly had forgotten even existed) so I can continue to ignore it.

Thanks.
The original post was about the "pointless back-and-forth", isn't this the place to address it?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

BFC wrote:
TruePoint wrote:Ironic, but not even close to surprising, that this thread is also well on its way to being hijacked.

Thanks.
The original post was about the "pointless back-and-forth", isn't this the place to address it?
Sure, addressing it good. Having more "pointless back-and-forth" isn't addressing it, though. Its just having more pointless back-and-forth.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

So this is the place to address it as long as it's not pointless?
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

BFC wrote:There seems to be one PC fan opinion posted repeatedly over and over. At what point will you feel you've made your point?
If there can be good back and forth, who cares? I love for someone to counter my point with an intelligent, thoughtful response of their own, and I'll have no problem calling it out as such. If you want to counter with "because it is" or make a statement with no backing like "we will still be desirable," just back it up factually and I'll shut up or at least discuss a different point potentially brought up. If you want to keep making statements with no backing, I will continue to push the card. Guess it brings out some of the attorney in me that I used to want to be. If it can't be like that, please block me from this site, or choose to ignore me.

I'm not looking for fights or enemies. Just friendly debate, on a thread that pertains to both parties involved. Any other thread, I look to discuss on point, but usually stay out of.
0 x