Why I Love This Board...

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Why I Love This Board...

Unread post by Obadiah »

You're are full of baloney in that you are looking for friendly debate. When you make an arrogant statement like " If you want to keep making statements with no backing, I will continue to push the card." you clearly show that. Who died and appointed you arbiter of what or what not URI fans can say on their own message board. Stop being such a two faced hypocrite.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote:
rambone 78 wrote:If Hurley's ability to "build a championship program" is hindered by the upcoming changes to the conference, then he's not long for here, once he has some success.

Like Rosie said, it affects EVERYTHING. It can't be understated. Not just Hurley's tenure here either. It's for the long term.

I'm hoping like hell the new BE is 10 teams, not 12. That's a big difference. Take a couple of our top teams, the conference will end up fine. Take them all, and.....

Need to find out what Dan and Bobby think....I'm sure they want to know, just like we do.
There is some truth to this, Rambone, but talking/arguing in circles doesn't help anything. My preference is to let something happen first, then react to it.

Maybe it cannot be understated but we are certainly showing that it can be overstated. I think most posters have now "got it"
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

"Darth,

You might want to check out the Keaney Realignment Thread.

More laughs, more fun"

So you come here, on the pretense of having " a good back and forth discussion, and you go back to your board and mock us.
Looks kind of two faced to me.
You joined here 12/6 and have had 204 posts. All of them invariably giving PC the upper hand in every scenario.
You seem to have appointed yourself, the arbiter of all things URI, as if none of us has a clue to our own program,
its strengths and its limitations.
All based on not much more than rumor and speculation, and some media outlets with questionable information.
You claim it's all about the realignment, yet you've stuck you 2 cents worth going on at length about how our coach will soon leave, while yours is the new CFL.
You've done the passive aggressive shots at the Ryan Center. Too small to matter. Funny, we seat over 1,000 more than VCU's place. Ditto with Gonzaga's arena.
Really hurts them, huh? Ryan is 2,000 over St. John's place, 1,500 seats bigger than Villanova's arena.
But I digress.
You say the same things ad infinitum. Saying something like a mantra chant, doesn't make it right.
I think it's time for you to go back to Scout and share your giggles and putdowns about us in their five page thread about URI fans.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Obadiah wrote:You're are full of baloney in that you are looking for friendly debate. When you make an arrogant statement like " If you want to keep making statements with no backing, I will continue to push the card." you clearly show that. Who died and appointed you arbiter of what or what not URI fans can say on their own message board. Stop being such a two faced hypocrite.
It's a freakin Internet message board ... People discuss and counter and argue.

I would hope people would do the same to my points, with factual backing of course.

And Rod: Rod, Rod, Rod.

I had to go back and tell my man Darth because there are truly, honestly, some things in there that are hysterical and bring new meaning to glass half full. PC fans are the same way. Just go read the threads after every win or loss and how dramatic we are as a group, high comedy value. 1 win: We going to the NCAA. Next loss: We suck fire Cooley.

I do come here to actually discuss. I'm not a uber PC fan boy like some would like me to be. You want facts:

PC has sucked since the year 2000. We have no success in March, lucky to maybe have 10 wins there.

We are very fortunate to have created a league with friends a long time ago who fortunately have had a lot more success than PC recently. Without them, PC would be out on the curb begging for a conference invite.

We are also fortunate that at the same time realignment peaked, Fox needed a conference broadcast partner for basketball. Without them, PC would be in a world of hurt.

I expect the same thing with Hurley next season. I don't think it will be NCAA worthy, but you never know. I would be shocked if URI didn't make the NIT (no easy feat anymore).

More facts: I wish PC and URI would end up in the same conference -- funny, I write that on my board and get slammed for it and we don't point that out :D

I usually don't speak the negative on here about PC because you guys do more than enough of that for me.

I like debating ad neuseum :D I would hope people would counter me the same! If not, oh well!

I would hope my posts with some form of backing do the talking for who I am. Even if it's a way different opinion, most are questions and not meant to be attacks unless you make them though - IE the CAA realignment question.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Don't go away mad. Just go away.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

rodfromcranston wrote:Don't go away mad. Just go away.
Rod, you are just irked that our opinions are on polar opposites of the spectrum and would like to find anything bad.

I LOVE the Ryan Center. My only point about it's size was that when you talk realignment, usually you are talking schools with good basketball facilities. You point out St. John's and Villanova, but forget that they also have access to MSG and Wells Fargo. I agree that their "campus arena" is tiny, and no one in comparison to Ryan.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Who wouldn't want Gonzaga or VCU? They both play in 6,000 seat arenas. Got it?
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

rodfromcranston wrote:Who wouldn't want Gonzaga or VCU? They both play in 6,000 seat arenas. Got it?
They are also VCU and Gonzaga ...

Would Dayton be getting as much play if they played in a 7,500 seat arena instead of a 13,500? Or St. Louis in a 22,500 seat arena? Or Creighton in an 18,500 seat arena?

If they were in more of a mid-major style arena, would they be considered serious contenders?
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

rodfromcranston wrote:ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!
It's actually a serious question, Rod. For someone who likes to call people out for being childish, really takes one to know one.

Unless you can find another explanation for the love Dayton gets from these TV and conference people, it makes no sense to me.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

No, it's you saying, "You guys just aren't good enough to breathe the same air PC does".
Take a hike!
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I'm ready to write a paragraph about why I hate this thread. As TruePoint said, we have a thread for the PC-URI back and forth garbage.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Oh, and which one is that? Seems like every one of these threads is invaded by PC posters.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

It's true, some of the PC fans are lucky we don't moderate this place like they do their board on Scout.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

rodfromcranston wrote:No, it's you saying, "You guys just aren't good enough to breathe the same air PC does".
Take a hike!
For someone who has consistently said I WOULD LOVE PC AND URI TO END UP IN THE SAME CONFERENCE OF 16 TEAMS, I hardly find that to be the case.

It's not my fault that you view every PC fan as an elitist.

Is it not the case that the Ryan Center is a very nice, probably top of the line mid-major arena, nicer than some major conference programs arenas?

That is not meant as a dig, Rod. It's a gorgeous, 7,500 seat arena. Most arenas that size belong to mid-major, or higher mid-major type programs. I don't know why you take it as an insult.

The Dunk, while an NCAA venue, isn't exactly the nicest joint. If you combined the Dunk and the Ryan Center, you would probably have one of the better arenas in college hoops. The size of the Dunk with the glamour of the Ryan would lead to a beautiful arena. The Dunk is too plain and corporate for my liking, just doesn't have a college feel in regards to an arena.
0 x
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

This board is getting worse than the ProJo board. It's time to start banning some of the PC trolls who add nothing to the conversation. Simply blocking them doesn't work because they hijack every single thread.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

My apologies to this board.
I'm probably the most guilty of getting into these prolonged
battles with the invaders.
Never being one to turn the other cheeek, when I read some of these
comments, I feel the urge to hit back.
I've always believed that silence is tacit approval. I can't remain silent
when our program, our school, and our coach is being denigrated.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

rodfromcranston wrote:My apologies to this board.
I'm probably the most guilty of getting into these prolonged
battles with the invaders.
Never being one to turn the other cheeek, when I read some of these
comments, I feel the urge to hit back.
I've always believed that silence is tacit approval. I can't remain silent
when our program, our school, and our coach is being denigrated.
Rod, I'm sorry if you feel upset or offended by anything I have said.

You are a good fan, and every team needs loyal, great fans like you.

My intent is not to tick you off, just ask very real questions.

If you take me questioning as digs (or even general points to other posters), I apologize.

PC needs URI to be good, and vice-versa. Building passionate fanbases in this state is beneficial to all, as a love for college basketball creates the youth movement that brings in passionate students, more loyal fans, etc.

That in itself is a huge reason why I would love at this juncture for PC and URI to be in the same conference.
Last edited by rjsuperfly66 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

ATPTourFan wrote:I'm ready to write a paragraph about why I hate this thread. As TruePoint said, we have a thread for the PC-URI back and forth garbage.
Since the Conf. Realignment thread is being deemed the lawless PC-URI back and forth thread, not sure why but ok, are the moderators alright with a new URI perspective conference realignment thread? I know alot of people are frustrated with or have no interest in the topic but it is very relevant to URI. And Rod is right, this thread and the Canisius thread were "hijacked" also.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

URI_05 wrote:This board is getting worse than the ProJo board. It's time to start banning some of the PC trolls who add nothing to the conversation. Simply blocking them doesn't work because they hijack every single thread.
Says the new pope of chili town; and his 17 posts
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

seanmc94 wrote:
URI_05 wrote:This board is getting worse than the ProJo board. It's time to start banning some of the PC trolls who add nothing to the conversation. Simply blocking them doesn't work because they hijack every single thread.
Says the new pope of chili town; and his 17 posts
I actually wasn't referring to you sean; and while I don't frequently, I read the board daily.
0 x
Keaney.Blue
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Keaney.Blue »

Who the heck cares about PC? We play them once a year, they're irrelevant to URI right now. Sheesh.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Will the C7 be selecting the new Pope, since the old one will be their new commissioner?
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Rod would make a fantastic Pope
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

BFC wrote:
ATPTourFan wrote:I'm ready to write a paragraph about why I hate this thread. As TruePoint said, we have a thread for the PC-URI back and forth garbage.
Since the Conf. Realignment thread is being deemed the lawless PC-URI back and forth thread, not sure why but ok, are the moderators alright with a new URI perspective conference realignment thread? I know alot of people are frustrated with or have no interest in the topic but it is very relevant to URI. And Rod is right, this thread and the Canisius thread were "hijacked" also.
On the contrary, I am very interested in the topic. I'm just not interested in that thread. If we could limit it to news and informed URI perspective on that news, I'd be a regular poster there. But that thread is a steaming pile, and it got that way after about 8 hours.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Sorry, Sean, I only practice celebacy when forced to.
No Pope for me.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Why i love this board has turned into why i hate this thread, unbelievable !!
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

You're the Pope Rod! You make the rules ...you don't adhere to them
0 x