6pm prior to the Bonnies game: Delroy James on RIRamsTV!

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

6pm prior to the Bonnies game: Delroy James on RIRamsTV!

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

Your call-ins and the Del interview! What a perfect way to build up to a URI-St. Bonnies matchup.

Call 520-750-7456 to join us from 6-7pm your time. If you'd like to chat live with board members during the show, CLICK the link below instead of just watching it in the post, OK? or click here:
http://rhodeislandrams.com/watch/

http://www.livestream.com/urirams

GO RAMS!!!!
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Re: 6pm prior to the Bonnies game: Delroy James on RIRamsTV

Unread post by Ramulous »

Good show!!
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

It was fantastic !! Gotta luv Del
0 x
Ryan Rowdy
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Ryan Rowdy »

Great interview! Del seems as loyal as they get.

Anyone else think to themselves that PC might have been one of those teams that contacted him about his Senior year?
0 x
What Would Jon Clark Do?
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

Ryan Rowdy...I got the definite impression it was Providence College. I was rocked by the thought and my mind was racing to think 'did I ever hear that in the media back then???'

What do you guys say? Was there ever a tidbit in the sports news or talk circles, blogs, etc that ever mentioned PC contacting Del???

I think the only reason he mentioned it was to show he would never desert URI. Seemed like a nice guy, and fresh off an all-star MVP award.
0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

Del- what a classy guy! Great interview with a good kid(man). When he says he wants to make the NBA so RI fans will be proud-- Del, we are already proud of you and I am glad you are an alum. If we could get a few more guys with his attitude and work ethic we would be a perennial tournament team!
Thanks again for all your years and dedication!
0 x
Ryan Rowdy
Michael Andersen

Unread post by Ryan Rowdy »

RhodeIslandRams wrote:Ryan Rowdy...I got the definite impression it was Providence College. I was rocked by the thought and my mind was racing to think 'did I ever hear that in the media back then???'

What do you guys say? Was there ever a tidbit in the sports news or talk circles, blogs, etc that ever mentioned PC contacting Del???

I think the only reason he mentioned it was to show he would never desert URI. Seemed like a nice guy, and fresh off an all-star MVP award.
I didn't even know he could have graduated early. The way he reacted to the entire topic and said he wouldn't name teams, only to go on to name St. Johns & Arizona St, leads me to believe that PC at least contacted him about it. It was still Keno at the time, correct?

Random Del story: I was driving around campus one day (I didn't go to URI, I went out of state but was home for the week) and it was gorgeous out. I park outside of the RC, between Mackel & Meade when I hear a car parked behind me BLASTING Eminem. I look and see that it's Del, who hopped out and walked towards the dorm. Later that day was our NIT game vs Northwestern so I opened my door and yelled out, "Delroy, good luck tonight!" He replied with a simple, "Thanks." I proceeded to say, "I want a blowout win; double digits!" He laughed at me and walked away.

Rhody went on to win by double figures. So, Rhody Nation, I take credit for that win. ;)
0 x
What Would Jon Clark Do?